Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Eton 50 performance

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 12:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eton 50 performance

Hi! Just wondering how much increase in performance do you really get with a pipe, clutch springs, etc. I am wondering if I add the minimal perf. mods, " is it really worth the money or do I just buy a 90cc and go from there". Also, any advice as to why after the quad sits for a few days, it is very hard to get started? And when it does finally start, it is not responsive with full throttle even after it has been running for approx. 5 minutes. It acts very bogged downh, and then after a minute or two it runs like a champ again. By the way, it is completely stock except for the rev limiter wire bieng cut. Thanks!!

Old 07-28-2003, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider

My boys 50 does what you are explaning two.Its stock with the rev wire cut.If you dont start it up right it will flood bad.It seams like its real rich on the start up?Lots of smoke.After its warmed and blowed out it runs like a champ.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 07-28-2003, 02:09 PM
Range Rover

Well.. We have a Polaris Scrambler 50.... It went from Stock 15-16 mph with me on it to 33+ (I chickened out at 33 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]) with the folloring mods:

CDI unit with no rev limiter
Uni Filter
105 Main Jet
Removed Oil Injection
55g Roller Weights
Technigas Pipe
19T front Sprocket
27T rear Sprocket

For my daughters racing, the gearing was a bit to high, so we geared it back to 19T front and 35T rear and it's much snappier off the line and tops out at around 25mph with me on it. She does wind it out, so I may go with some gearing in between. Ive got to do some work on the clutch/transmission on it still, and then mess with teh gearing.. maybe go with a 18/27 combo.

Yesterday, she was running around on a PeeWee track, and was passing the little boys on their 50cc dirt bikes (PW50, XR50, JR50).

As for the bogging down, ours used to do it to be hard starting, but starts good now.. it does take a bit to warm up, and I suspect it'sthe auto-choke on these quads.

Bryce

Old 07-29-2003, 12:04 PM
Range Rover

Here's a little video clip of my daughter on her Scrambler 50...
Click Here

Bryce

Old 07-29-2003, 12:41 PM
Pro Rider

Bryce, She is really getting it on out there!!! Did the race Sunday at Talking Rock pan out?

Old 07-29-2003, 02:05 PM
Range Rover

Oh man... to make a long story short, The cancelled teh race at 7Am after a boat load of people had shown up and paid. Something about the Track not being read.. The owner and her son were haveing an argument about that, and he was running some Harley thing in Jasper that he wanted to be at rather than the MX race. Tanya also said that she overheard the owner compaining that she would have lost money, when she went to get a refund. She had the only mini quad there anyhow, so it wasn't a big deal.. she had fun racing the 50cc dirtbikes... All the kids that she met up there before were a little shocked at the transformation of her quad [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] We had a crowd gather around checking it out after she spanked a few of little boys out there!!!

Just sort of tops off some of the stories that I heard about that place... we'll go back and practice since it's close to home, but won't be making any special plans to race there.

Bryce

Old 07-31-2003, 04:05 AM
Pro Rider

yes the pipe, clutch kit and jetting will make a big difference. my sons e-ton 90 has a 89cc cylinder ( stock is 82.5 ) wrh pipe, clutch kit, carbon fiber reeds, uni filter, stock but modified carb and it screams. it will beat my warrior in a 100 foot drag. we just ran a ax race this past weekend against a highly modded lt 80 , predator 90. dinli 90 and another lt 80 with pipe and his eton pulled the holeshot both motos by a third of the distance o the first corner.

Mark

Old 08-16-2003, 06:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ok, I'm realy impressed with the performance improvements. Would you please email me where I can locate these parts. My dealer around here realy is'nt with the performance part. Thank you Brian. email address is bknewton55@yahoo.com

Old 08-17-2003, 12:43 PM
Range Rover

Well... the two places that I have been dealing with are www.miniatvparts.com and www.wrhracing.com

Bryce

Old 08-17-2003, 01:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the information! I'll try them out, but do you think it is worth sinking the extra money in them seeing that one of them is a 2000 and the other is a 2000. The 2000 aleady is going to need to be bored and an oversized piston put in it, just found that out yesterday when I broke it down. It had a real hard time starting and come to find out psi was around 95,scoarring on the intake side.Whould you just go and purchase a polaris, honda or yamaha? I know they'll last longer!! By the way my boys don't race them they just ride them in the yard.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Eton 50 performance