Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Quads for the Kids

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 05:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quads for the Kids

I thought I would tell you what my 2 son's ride just to give you a little more confidence on a bigger quad. My 9 yr old started riding when he was 7 he started on a Xtreme machine 100CC automatic....he handled it very well. Now that he is 9 I got him a 98 Blaster that is built, it has been bored 60 over, it has a Stage 3 port and polish by trinity racing, it has a lightned flywheel, it has a vitos higher rev-limiter, White bros boost bottle, 38MM Mikuni carb, Toomey B1 exhaust system, dirt digger clutch system, and other things I cant remember rightnow. it will hang with my brothers 2003 z400. It even has a twist throtle, that took a little bit for him to get used to, but I couldnt leave him if I tried, I am really impressed with his skills. The twist throtle bothers him still when he is climbing hills. I am going to put a thumb throttle on it for him eventually,

My other son is 5 yrs old and he just took over the xtreme machine 100cc....he rides it really well and can stay right with us in the trails with no problems what so ever, I havent even tuned these down for them...they are both fast machines and with proper care and gear even when they do have a wreck they are fine....

I would suggest you get your oldest the 125 because it will be better for him in the long run, not to mention he will be able to stay a little closer to the pack when your trail riding...Like I said My oldest is only 9, he just turned 9 June 22nd and he handles the Blaster better then I could. This was the first clutch he ever rode and after 1 day of riding he drives it flawlessly...he always uses the rigt gear and never kills it....If all this isnt enough to convince you then look at it like this, the suspension on the Blaster is so much better then the mini quads, it makes it easier to ride and handle, with a lot less bouncing around..and that alone makes your kid have a better chance of not wrecking.....good luck and have fun..sorry this is so long....just have some faith in your kids abilaties and they will suprise you.

Old 08-22-2003, 05:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

I forgot to mention, how I got my son to know what gear to use is from video games...when he drives a car or a 4 wheeler on his play station 2, I always make him get a manual....since he knew when to shift from listning to the engine, it gave him the basic skills he needed to drive a clutch in the real world....I never taught him...he just got on and went and mastered it in one day....if you decide to get him a clutch, try making him drive a clutch on video games first to see what he knows....good luck

Old 08-22-2003, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Sawakocy, thanks for the info, sounds like a good idea with the video games, I was also looking at the blaster especially since its only $100.00 more than the Breeze,
I would really rather spend the extra $100. on it than have him our grow the breeze in a few years, luckly I can hand it down to my daughter, and trade hers in on the bigger one for my son. Hopefully we'll be making the trip to Chattanooga for the Sportsman and Mississippi for the Breeze in a few weeks..

Thanks agin for the information

Old 08-25-2003, 09:17 AM
Weekend Warrior

that sounds like the best idea to me....but thats just my 2 cents....good luck and happy riding.