Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

LOOKING TO RACE MINI QUADS

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 06:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOOKING TO RACE MINI QUADS

All but one 50 was stock. The girl that won the Texas Championship had suspention and motor upgrades. I don't think she will be at to many local races. I will start posting all the events that we are going to that mini quads will be at.

Old 11-11-2003, 09:14 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks mxmike maybe can hook up with yall and can kinda ggive us the run down on how to go about it cause neither of us have ever raced but the little man is wanting too. Also do they usually have 90 classes too?

Old 11-11-2003, 11:33 AM
Pro Rider

Yes they run a 50 class and 90 class.

There are 3 tracks that we have been working with along with some AX races.

One track Flying colors in Larose,LA is a medium sized track that both the 50 and 90's ride on.

Another is Rock Hill in Pervace, Ms It has a BIG track were the 90's race ( 50's can race them to),
and a mini track were the 50's race

The other is The Landing also in Pervace, Ms and its set up the same way as Rock Hill.

The AX races are usuall just one mini class. If enough 50's would show up I think they would split them up. Last one my boy was the only 50 so he ran with the 90's.

We met with a track owner from Petal ,Ms this weekend and told us he would let us race mini quads there also.

I will start posting all events that I am going to attend that I know mini Quads will be at.
Right now the next race will be at Flying Colors on 11/30/03. I will put up more details in another thread by it self.

Old 11-12-2003, 01:33 PM
Pro Rider

gillsracing
we will be at te jackson AX this weekend. josh will race the pro money class and bubba will race the mini quad class as h is leading the series in points. i can assure you josh is not a 1 track racer. he has raced every track in southern la. and ms and posted wins at all. he is also old enough to run nationals now and will probably be at 4 or 5 jumping in the a class right off. maybe we will see you there.

dodgepower
rock hill runs the second and fourth weekend of each month and ususlly has at least 6 or 7 mini quads. there will be an AX race at hancock county arena on dec. 5th and 6th. with a mini class. first class is FREE so all you have to pay is gate fee. i live in long beach and we have 7 or 8 mini quad racers right here in this area. we try to keep in contact and run the same tracks and weekends so there will be plenty on the gate. mxmike and i will help you al we can. my e-mail is markvette@webtv.net if you need to get in contact with me.

Mark

Old 11-12-2003, 02:06 PM
Pro Rider

Mark what do ya mean the hancock county arena? I would love to have one of yall help us out. If you dont mind maybe for that one you could let us tag along and see how the pros do it. I know he has said he wants to race so would like to let him. I dont know how competitive he would be right now so I will email ya and get all the details. I sure appreciate it.

Old 11-12-2003, 05:14 PM
Trailblazer

Hey dodgepower, hows it going man? That ax in handcock will have some awesome racing going on at it. But no real pros just a bunch of local racers having a good time. We will be there so if you need any info on it just pm me and I will let you know. Your boy has a 50cc quad right?

Jessica

Old 11-12-2003, 06:11 PM
Pro Rider

Ya he has a 50. I dont know what everyone is takling about the hancock county arena though.

Old 11-12-2003, 07:35 PM
Pro Rider

ok the hancock arena is at the delisle exit 20 off i-10. about 6 miles off the interstate. it is a horse arena as are most that the arena cross races are run at. they will build a small track in the horse arena where dirt bikes and quads will race.

Mark

Old 11-12-2003, 09:47 PM
Trailblazer

HEY MARKVETTE AND MXMIKE. IWAS GOING TO RACE IN JACKSON , I EVEN TOOK OFF FRIDAY NIGHT SO I COULD RACE.THEN I FOUND OUT I WOULD HAVE TO PAY $10 TO RACE THE SERIES EVEN IF IT IS THE LAST ONE.THEN THEY CANGED THE RACE SCHEDULE FOR PRO CLASS FROM FRIDAY TO SATURDAY.THEN I FOUND OUT IT IS $15 TO GET IN. IF THE RACE FEE IS $30, THATS $55 TO RACE AN ARENA CROSS. HELL I PAT THAT MUCH FOR A NATIONAL. THEN I THOUGHT ,WHO ARE TESE MONEY HUNGRY CANT MAKE UP THEIR MIND PROMOTERS.THEN I FOUND WHO IT IS. THER IS NO WAY IM GOING TO GIVE THE BURRISS'S, IF THATS HOW U SPELL IT, THAT MUCH MONEY TO RACE AN ARENACROSSAND ITS 12 MILES FROM MY HOUSE.THEIR WAS 3 OR 4 QUADS THAT WERE GOING TO RACE IT UNTIL WE FOUND OUT ABOUT ALL THE FEES. THE TURN OUT WILL NOT BE VERY GOOD I PROMISE YOU.ALTHOUGH I WILL BE RACING AN ARENACROSS THE NEXT WEEKEND AT FORREST, MS. IT WILL BE MY SONS FIRST RACE. ITS ONLY 35 MILES EAST OF JACKSON AT THE SCOTT COUNTY COLISEUM. IT IS A SERIES RACE BUT NO SERIES FEE,NO $15 TO GET IN AND I THINK ITS 150% PAYBACK. U GET TO PRACTICE THE TRACK ON FRIDAY THE 21 FROM 4 TO 9PM, RACE ON SAT NIGHT.THIS ONE WILL BE BETTER 2 YRS AGO IT WAS PRETTY MUCH SOLD OUT.

Old 11-12-2003, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider

gills
the riders dont pay the $ 15 pit pass fee but it cost $ 50 to run the money class and $ 30 to run the amateur class. the hancock AX will only cost $ 15 to run quad money. josh wasnt going to run the jackson ax but decided at the last minute he could use the cash. at hattiesburg last month he pulled the holeshot but got pushed on top a hay bale about a lap into the race. after the hancock ax he wont race for a couple of months, got a lot of much needed maintenance to do on his quad then may put it up for sale to get a new yamaha.

Mark

Quick Reply: LOOKING TO RACE MINI QUADS