Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Max

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-1999, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know people who have jumped their Max into a lake up to five feet high. I have thought about making a ramp (two feet high to start with) and jumping it into our lake. If I do it I will get a pic and a video. That would rule!

------------------

Old 10-07-1999, 05:12 AM
Pro Rider

Max6x6,

Speed may only get you to the graveyard but you sure have fun getting there!

------------------
Mike Chero 97 Polaris Sport 400L/ 97 Polaris Trailblazer 250ES

http://users.penn.com/~hal9000/mikeetta.html

Old 10-10-1999, 10:00 PM
Trailblazer

Guy down the street has an Argo. He replaced the original engine with a Yamaha 2 stroke! The thing screams and will do 25 mph! It's on hell of a vehicle, but I wouldn't be caught dead in the thing. Big deal, it floats. What other advantages does it have? A 4x4 quad will go nearly anywhere an amphibious 6x6 will, and when 4wd fails you always have a winch. Once they get you out, you take off at a decent speed, not 5 mph. It rides much better due to having a real suspension system, and is much more useful. I'd rather spend the extra money on a good quad, they're much more fun for me. But, if you really like your Max that much, go ahead and keep it, we're not stoping you, this is america, land of the free, and if you only want to go 25 mph, that's your business. I'm not a speed freak, but I don't mind doing at least 45-50 once in a while.

------------------
Want a Magnum or Sportsman 500!!!

Old 10-11-1999, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider

Your either lying or have no idea what you are talking about. The speed of the Argo can be up to 24mph with stock engine. If he put a Yamaha 2 stroke in it and only gained 1mph, then why did he do it? A Yamaha 2 stroke would give you great speed. I know an Attex with a 2 stroke that goes 50mph.

Even if you did see an Argo it was probably an old one if you didn't like it. I rode a '98 Bigfoot yesterday. It is nice but when its compared to the Max its nothing. Nearly every place we rode yesterday was beyond what any quad could do. The best part was muddin' in knee deep slop. 6x6 Mud Slingin' - nothing better!

Old 10-11-1999, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Once upon a time,six of us headed out for a casual 50 mile ride.Four of us on quads,one on a Max,the other in a Goodyear Blimp.All the quad riders finished the trail ride in about two and a half CASUAL trail riding hrs.While the Max was holding it's own on the trail,[22hrs and 28 minutes]]the Beastful Blimp made it in SLIGHTLY better time than the Max.[22hrs and 24minutes]Its a good thing the Blimp was travling in the air.There is NO WAY it could of beat the MIGHTY MAX on land.[thats my story and im sticking to it]LOL BILL

Old 10-11-1999, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider

OK now that was incredibly stupid.
What you didn't notice:
The guy in the Max came to ride to have a good time. He floated into the lake and went fishing for a few hours. Later, instead of following the same lame trail as the quads, he explored other trails that had much more difficult terrain. He took his time and checked out the scenery and wildlife. Unlike the others, he remembered that there was no race this weekend. He drove down to the creek and splashed around for a while. He got out and took a break, cooked some of the fish he caught, and watched some others have fun. After a little more riding it began to get dark so he pitched his tent and camped for the night. The next day he headed for their planned destination but had to stop and pull out several stuck 4x4s. It took him a few extra hours because there were so many. He reached the destination later that day and found the quad riders waiting. They were in such a mad rush on the trails that they finished before the first day was even close to over. They had some fun for two hours but didn't really enjoy anything because everything flew by in streaks. The Max rider had time to take some pictures to remember the ride in years to come.

Death to the king quad!

[This message has been edited by Max6x6 (edited 10-11-1999).]

Old 10-11-1999, 11:21 PM
Trailblazer

Hey moron, the thing is 30 years old. (yes, it's a 70 something) I am just estimating. Now that he's replaced the belt with a different one, I think it'll probably hit 40. IT IS AN ARGO. I think it's pretty cool, but I can't see having an Argo in place of a quad. I'm not in a hurry, but it just doesn't go fast enough for my liking. Not to mention that I think it's just plain ugly. That's just my opinion and because this is America, I am entitled to it.

There's noone in here bashing your Max. We're just telling you that it's not God.

------------------

Old 10-11-1999, 11:25 PM
Trailblazer

Maybe he did it because the old engine wouldn't run? Ever think that far, or do you think that an AATV doesn't blow engines either?

------------------

Old 10-12-1999, 04:56 PM
Range Rover

Max6x6,

Here is a quote of what you stated when you started this thread.

"This is a new topic about the Max and I hope it turns out better. If you don't know any real facts about this machine please do not comment on it."

Why is it that no one can comment on the max but you can comment on every other ATV out there? Sounds like discrimination to me.

Really if you can comment on a King Quad and have never owned one then I should be able to comment on the max. However you say I can't, what about my freedom of speech? Especially since I spent 20 years in the navy defending it and the rest of the constitution. I will use it if I want to.

However, if I do not have facts to base my comments on, I do not make them.

Remember just the facts.

Thanks and have fun riding what ever you want.

------------------
Eric Baatz 1996 Suzuki KING QUAD Remember the KING Lives!!

Old 10-12-1999, 07:51 PM
Trailblazer

Hoo-RAH Ecbaatz! This guy is really getting on my nerves.....some kinda sea lawyer or something?

------------------