Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Dirt Wheels Magazine

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-1999, 08:57 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Max, you say that you could out pull an 8x8, because you have more power, and the extra wheels would mean nothing on the 8x8. So does that mean that a 250R or banshee with more power than you could ever dream of on your max could out pull you, when you say that your max can out pull any quad because it has more contact patch, and what about a quad with four 27x12x12 tires, I haven't done the math yet, but I'll wager that the quad has as much if not more contact patch than you do. Also, you state that you can cross two foot of "solid" mud. Your tires are only 22" tall and the mud would be 24", right. I know you don't have over two foot of ground clearance, so how do you explain that? I would also like to know what kind of "pickup" you "drive" that does 120, if you don't mind informing us on that. That was the funniest thing I've ever seen Polaris_Rules!

PS-that picture of you pulling that (mostly aluminum, and other light materials) pontoon, doesn't give your max much credit. An ATC 70 could pull a vessil twice that size.

350XX, 250R, 200XX, 450S, 300 2wd

Old 12-19-1999, 09:28 PM
Pro Rider

I think five more HP would help out more than two wheels for 6x6 vs. 8x8. It would be a good competition and the weight of the 8x8 might help it. A 250R or Banshee and no power to pull things. They are high geared for very high speeds. Even the smallest Max (14hp) would pull both of them together easily. I do not go 120mph in my truck but if I wanted some speed, there it is.

My mud pit is two feet of solid mud. The mud comes up to about 2-3" from the top of my tires. When (and if you decide to) get out and walk in it, your feet are lower than the Max's wheels. This is because the Max floats and paddles itself through the mud. This way if you dive off in to four feet of mud you don't just disappear. Nothing muds like the Max.

MaxRules

Old 12-19-1999, 09:59 PM
Trailblazer

I don't know,the only truck i ever knew to go 120mph was my dad's F-250 with the big block 460 in it.TALK ABOUT POWER!!!!!Also the dodge 360 small block will get u up around there pretty quick.

Old 12-20-1999, 02:35 PM
Pro Rider

Hehe, you can tell in that picture which toilet the man uses and which one the woman uses! LOL!

Old 12-20-1999, 06:49 PM
Pro Rider

LOL!!!!!

Old 12-20-1999, 06:58 PM
Pro Rider

Max, what's the point of that Max with the triple wheels? If a Max is already impossible to sink, impossible to get stuck, and extremely stable, why bother? The Max is already too wide for trails anyway, and with all those tires all you gain is a cool looking picture. Why a couple months ago did you want a Sportsman? Why did you say you were going to sell the Max to get one? Why were you asking questions about different models you were considering, when you already claimed you have owned all the ATV's out there which you said qualified you worthy of comparing them?

Max you said a few days ago you just turned 16 and just got your license. How is that older than 16? And even if you were 4, or 40, you age doesn't matter, but what and how you post does. If a 10 year comes in here and can type as well as a professional journalist and has the knowledge of an engineer, nobody would question his age, because why would it matter? People aren't questioning your age because they think you aren't old enough to be here, but because you act very immature and have a "my dad can beat up your dad" attitude about everything. Really whether or not we capitalize, use periods, or have good spelling doesn't matter when the content is good.

If you think the Max is so superior, that's fine. Why don't you start the "Max Connection" and you can hang out there all day long and make up "You might be riding a 'some terrain vehicle'" jokes. And then when everything is going well, I will come into your forums and chat room with a name ATVrules and tell everyone how ATV's rule and everything else sucks. I will post a bunch of stupid pictures, and make sure nobody has any respect for me. I would make sure that I give ATV's a bad name, and make sure that anytime someone from that forum saw an ATV they would think of my lame attitude.

All you have done since you have been here is harass everyone, and give Max machines a bad name. How many people went from "Wow those look cool!" to being disgusted every time they see the word "max" ?

It's obvious your not welcome here, and nobody wants you around. You have no Max buddies to talk too, and the few that have come here that might have something useful to say about their Max, left just as fast as they came because of the name you give them.

In summary, I have seen a few Maxes out on the trails. They float like no other ATV can. They do great in most of the mud most of the time. They are good hill climbers. They can hold more cargo and carry more people than the average ATV. They have more traction, and torque, than some ATV's. And, they 'rule' in their niche. Now, I have used up all your reasons why the Max rules, and everyone knows them, so there is no need for you to further take up space with your post.

Adam Dowden

PS-If I offended any other Max owners, I apologize, I have nothing against the machine. They are great in their element. If anyone has any logical, useful data about Maxes that other readers will be interested in, please post it, I don't mean to stop all Max talk all together just what comes out of his mouth.

Old 12-20-1999, 07:40 PM
Range Rover

Main Entry: ter·rain
Pronunciation: t&-'rAn also te-
Function: noun
Etymology: French, land, ground, from (assumed) Vulgar Latin terranum, alteration of Latin terrenum, from neuter of
terrenus of earth -- more at TERRENE
Date: 1766
1 a (1) : a geographical area (2) : a piece of land : GROUND b : the physical features of a tract of land

There's Webster's definition of terrain. Notice there is NO WATER. So if you take water out of the equation, your main discerning feature is phooey when compared to quads. Stick to comparing apples to apples.

So let's compare WATER vehicles, shall we? You gonna have a shoot-out with a bass boat? How about a canoe? You could probably take them in the mud.

Old 12-20-1999, 08:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Adam,thank you for your reply to max.I for one am very tired of his MAX RULES posts.Your comments were WAY overdue.Thanks====BILL

------------------

Old 12-20-1999, 09:05 PM
Pro Rider

Adam since you own a Scrambler 500 so you are obviously out there for speed.
The Max with triple wheels is to show off and gives the dealer lots of attention. That dealer used to drive the big rigs, that is where he got the 18-wheeler idea.
I don't want a Sportsman and never will. The only time I will sell my Max is when I have enough money to buy a 25hp Max IV.
I turned 16 on November 7. Since December 20th is after Nov 7, I am older than 16.
There is a 6x6 discussion board (which is better than this ATV board) in which I am just as famous there as I am here. Everyone there has owned a 6x6 or 8x8 and knows there is nothing better. There is no better knowledge than experience.
I have gotten many visits to my site and emails about buying a new Max from people who saw me on this site.
It is obvious I am welcome here. I am the most famous person on this site. Too bad you have to be jealous that not all the attention is centered around you and your broken down quad.
The main reason I post here is to tell others about an ATV they probably don't know about. It also provides some good entertainment when know nothing people like you try to post something about the Max. I really like the person who informed me that my Max has no suspension, there's a real winner.
Bill no one gives a rat's *** what you say. You think you are the god of ATVs. I've got a life, and starting now you better find one too.

DEATH TO THE KING QUAD!

MaxRules

Old 12-20-1999, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider

I care what Bill says. I think there are bunch of others that do also.

I have been to the 6x6 site you are talking about. You are just as much of a pest over there as you are here. People got tired of you posting thing like this:

I have been out riding also. I was trying to climb through a big ditch
yesterday. I screwed up and took it strait on instead of at an angle. I
dropped off a 2 foot high 90 degree hill into the ditch and was pointing
strait up an 8 foot high 80 degree hill on the other side. I couldn't back
up because of the ditch and was at the wrong and with no speed for the hill
in front of me. My engine continued to run even on the 80 degree hill. I
worked the sticks to make it go at an angle so I could back out. I worked it
for about five minutes. I guess the hill was too steep for my engine to
function well and it started burning oil and smoking like a two stroke. I
shut if off to give it a break. I looked around the area to figure out what
I could do to make it easier to get out. It was dark by now and I turned on
my headlights so I could see what was happening. After about 10 minutes of
having my headlights on I got in to try again. I turned the key and "click".
What? My battery is dead in just 10 minutes??? How could this be possible?
Oh well my trusty Briggs and Stratton has a pull start. I pulled it about 5
times and no start. I was about to go home and try again tomorrow. For some
reason I got back in and turned the key. No trouble this time, it started
right up! Is that weird or what? I was kinda mad by now and I was going to
get the hell out of that ditch no matter what. This time I was able to get
at an angle and half way backed up. I put it in forward and gave it full
throttle. I hit that 80 degree hill and got about 3/4 of the way up. I
started to loose traction and with all six wheels spinning the machine
started jumping. I held the throttle wide open and after a few jumps I
reached the top of the hill. Climbing that hill made it all worth while so I
was mostly laughing about the whole deal on the ride home. One thing I
realized is everytime I get in a situation like this is because I didn't
handle the terrain properly. Maybe tomorrow I will go back there and do it
right.
I must add that I am glad I wasn't on a quad. No quad would have made it
because of the ditch and you can't use any speed. Without a doubt a quad
would have rolled on that 80 degree hill. I am not talking about a steep
hill, I mean a hill that is almost impossible to even walk on. I had to hold
on to my Max and a near by tree to get down it. I slipped and fell once and
slid all the way down into the ditch. This really flared my anger but now
that I am home I look back and laugh at that... haha. I had an awesome
time.

MaxRules

This was posted 12/9/99 4:47:48 AM in 6x6talk@route6x6.com.

Quick Reply: Dirt Wheels Magazine