Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Which quad

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2003, 02:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which quad

Well I've convinced the wife to let me get the kids a quad for christmas.
My local dealer carries Bombardier, eton and polaris. I really like that polaris pred 90.
Yet I'm looking at $2100 for it plus tax. They have a eton 90 that is selling for $1699.
Thats $400 diff in price. My son is 9 and is average ht/wt. The pred fits him better. But have heard good things about the eton. The riding would be trails. No dunes. My 6 year old would also ride this. But at a slower speed. Thats why I like that fan cooled engine on the polaris. About 90 miles away I can get a kawasaki 80. Thanks for any suggestions.

Old 11-13-2003, 06:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default Which quad

Go with little Polaris there are alot of after market parts for them. Look at the Extreme Machine, Dinli and Kasea. Thoes quads are about the same as the Polaris. The Extreme also comes in a 100cc too.

Old 11-13-2003, 06:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Which quad

You can get any aftermarket part you would want for the E-ton or the Polaris. Both of them are fan cooled motors. Out of the box the Polaris has alittle better suspension package. But both bikes would make a good choice. Not sure where you are from but I can get you an E-Ton for 1600.00. Also the Polaris' are alittle wider stock. But you can get after market A-Arms for the E-Ton.

Old 11-13-2003, 06:57 PM
Trailblazer
Default Which quad

Either would make an excellent quad for trail or backyard riding. I'd go with the Eton and spend the other money on protective gear.

Fish

Old 11-14-2003, 06:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Which quad

We recently bought my daughter an 04 Eton 90 Viper, she is 8 years old and average height and size. I feel that this is the perfect size for her and she definetly could ride it for awhile and you just can't beat the price. The only negative thing I have with the bike is that it does not have a foot brake. It has 2 hand brakes and I would prefer if it had a foot break. It does not have foot pegs but a full foot board which is nice though. It is very easy to handle and will haul around a lot of weight (i.e. my husband). We have taken this on trail rides and even with the throttle limited, it has no problems going up hills, etc. We haven't had any problems so far with this bike. We also were deciding between a Polaris Predator and the Eton, we chose the eton mostly because of the price.

BlasterMom[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-15-2003, 01:41 PM
Range Rover
Default Which quad

go with the polaris. They are a really good brand.

Old 11-16-2003, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider
Default Which quad

I'll second the Viper.We have put many trail miles on ours as well as racing it this summer.We have had no problems with it whatsoever.

Old 11-16-2003, 01:08 AM
Trailblazer
Default Which quad

I 2nd,3rd,4th the predator great bike all around so far no problems. Just look for good dealer support.

Goodluck

Old 11-17-2003, 11:55 AM
Pro Rider
Default Which quad

They are all pretty much the same, have heard good things about the Polaris (my neighbor has one). If you are looking for a foot break, the Kasea has the foot brake. It is a bit smaller than the Polaris though.

Old 11-23-2003, 03:41 AM
Pro Rider
Default Which quad

Sorry about taking so long to say thanks for the imput.
I'm going with the pred 90. My son likes the way it looks, And if he dont like the looks of it. He want ride it as much. After all it is going to be his. Thanks again for all your input.

Quick Reply: Which quad