Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

50cc redcat

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 08:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 50cc redcat

My husband just bought my 7 year old daughter a red cat 110cc, so far so good. This past weekend we went to "The squares" in Naples and took our daughters new red cat out for the first time. To tell you the least she flipped the quad in three different occassions, rolled on two of them, none caused by the quad, just her inexperience riding. "ALLWAYS WEAR HELMETS" The quad acted like a champ it kept on going though it recieved several hits, hits that pulled the brake cable, broke off pieces of the footboard and made a small hole in the front fender...... I'd say that this quad has been used and abused and it still keeps on running, and mind you this, it all happened in a span of 2 days. If I had to say the bad points to this quad, it would be that it's narrow, I would like it to be wide like the Honda 90.

Next time i go out riding, I'm going to try to run the quad through deeper puddles. I'll let you know if it survives!!! by the way red cat panda ext.. are all kazuma, Australian quads.
Good luck, hope this was helpful.

Old 02-22-2004, 10:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 50cc redcat

I bought a Red Cat 50cc for my son for Christmas.
We have recently had problems with it being hard to start,
and dying while operating. Usually we can choke it to
get it going but this weekend the thing would
not start at all. I changed the spark plug and tried to adjust
the carb but it did not help. It smells like it is flooded when I
try to start it. The bike did not come with a service manual so I am sort
of lost. I now wish I had spent the extra cash and bought
a name brand bike. There are no dealers in Oklahoma and
the guy who sold is to me has refered me to the web site
and wished me luck, big help. Don't make the sam mistake
I have. Warm weather is coming and our new $1,000 four
wheeler sets in the barn.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 02-27-2004, 05:23 PM
Trailblazer
Default 50cc redcat

first have u cleaned the air fliter if u should try that first then i would replace the spark plug again the choke should be down after a few mins of warmming

the air fliter is real close too the rear tires so if it was rode in any mud it could be plugged

just a thought PM me and let me know if u had any luck

Old 03-08-2004, 02:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 50cc redcat

redcatman-anthony
i am thinking about buying a kmx-110 redcat
to help at the race sites getting my ski in and out of the water.
i have seen alot of negitivity about the redcats on the forum, but the price on a racers budget, i can't beat it.
any problems with the kmx-110 i should know about?
and is 1299 a good price for it

thanx
mychael

Old 03-08-2004, 04:34 PM
Trailblazer
Default 50cc redcat

There is no way to pull with it. Probably would do the job if you could mount a ball to it.

Old 04-01-2004, 01:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 50cc redcat

The redcat 50 cc atv otherwise known as the kazuma meercat 50 is a great starter atv for kids from 4 years old to those kids who weigh up to 100lbs. It is slightly smaller in size than the suzuki and kawasaki 50 cc atv but for the price it is a great deal. I have 2 for my kids and they have been riding them since last summer and neither has caused any problems they start up with ease and are great fun. You can buy them for $1000.00 no problem without paying tax. If you need anymore information don't hesitate to ask.
Take care! and good luck on your future atv purchase
Darren

Old 10-18-2004, 10:15 PM
Trailblazer
Default 50cc redcat

I cant believe someone said the redcat 50 is slow mine flies with me on it and im 200lbs it faster than a suzuki lt 50 and its a good yard machine i have heard of the intake tube cracking i braced my carb so it wouldnt shake as bad havent broke one yet for my kids 4-6 its plenty fast one gets only second gear now and it pulls right out the other its almost too fast for its stance he has moved on to a redcat 70 great stance can be turned at full throttle without tipping the only thing the little 50 needs is a auto tranny with a cvt like the 150 model the sunl 50 has a auto but is not as fast it also has front suspension but little kids dont wiegh enough to use it as far as reliabilty the 4 yr old putters like 5-10 mph all afternoon no overheating or plug fouls he will definitley outgrow this machine before he reaches its full potential it is a little small but i would rather buy a machine that fits him now and let him ride and sell it adn buy the next size so you lose a couple hundred dollars thats the way it is with everything if you have a problem selling a used mini quad for 500 bucks your hiding it at least in my area i have already had people say when your done with that sell it to me
so in my book 800 for a new 50 two yrs sell and buy a 70 they sell for 1100 now and who knows i could probally buy someones used 70 as they move on

50 redcat (4yr old )
70 redcat (6 yr old )
150 redcat (13 yr old)
700 polaris (mine)
and soon a 250 redcat (wifes so she can join us )