Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

kasea 50cc ignition problem - wiring diagram??

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 12:21 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kasea 50cc ignition problem - wiring diagram??

I've picked up a Kasea Mity-Mite for the kids to start learning on - problem is it's got no spark. Anyone have a wiring diagram for one of these? I've checked and cleaned all the connections after reading the posts on corrosion, but they were all clean, now I'm thinking that it's got a bad ignition box - any way to check it or verify it's getting the proper signal & power?

Thanks in advance.
- Brian
P.S. anyone ever fab up an expansion chamber/pipe for one of these ;-)

Old 01-27-2004, 05:15 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default kasea 50cc ignition problem - wiring diagram??

There were a lot of problems with the Mighty Mite. is the battery strong?i heard cdi's went like crazy and they were hard to get. Try doing a search on this page for kasea 50, or Mighty mites. There's been some really long discussions about them in the past. Even the die-hard Kasea guys seemed to agree this was the turn away and run model. I bought 2 at an auction and sold them shortly afterwards. For example, Have you looked at the oil drain plug location?On mine you had to loosen motor mounts and pry with a bar just to wiggle out the plug. Front tires kept going outward. Front brakes were too hard to squeeze. Thumb throttle too hard to push ( thumbs got tired too quick). Kick start never worked (later learned you had to have brake engaged, but Kasea in Seattle couldn't tell me something that simple).

Just thought of something simple that it could be..is the tether plugged in? If the button isn't pushed in, won't start.Good luck, i really hope yours works out better than mine.