Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Break in for Viper 50

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Break in for Viper 50

Hey MXMike, you maybe onto something....

Since the running board on triplejfarm's Viper 50 is broken and there may be an unwritten "if it's the product, we'll fix it for free" ethical code (regardless of its warranty period) with some mini-quad dealers, should triplejfarm try brining his Viper 50 to his regional E-Ton dealer??? If his local dealer see's the part that broke, he/she may fix it - for free. I know 2 dealers on this form who "sometimes" fix things that are off warranty. They stand behind their product so much, they always fix "the safety items" without hesitation. Perhaps your local dealer has the same attitude when it comes to kids and things that should NEVER have broken in the first place...

Something to think of.....

Old 02-08-2004, 09:31 PM
Pro Rider

triplejfarm,

Just wondering about the status of your floorboard repair progress....

Hopefully, you've gotten your floorboard repaired or replaced...

Let us know how you're doing.

Old 02-10-2004, 07:28 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I havent been very sucessfull yet... unfortunatly we bought it from a private person who only had it a few months, their daughter was scared of it, so..... that means that there isnt a dealer who would take ownership of the product, I am going to try to call Mich State give them the Vin number and see who the dealer was... Maybe if they are local they may try to help anyway.. who knows...

If not, I will improvise....maybe make a part...cant be that hard...
I also need to make a riser on the floorboard, somethign just a few inches tall , he can reach the floor but he cant stand with his butt off the seat, and he wants to go to an indoor motorcross track and "race"...
oh lordy....
We went and watched some in IN and they did a great job with the kids, it was very slow, and it seemed very organized, only a few kids on the track at at time...
they said they would be willing to teach the "Dumb Blond" what I ned to know about quad racing...hahaha

but he needs to be able to get his butt off the seat...lol

Well thanks for all the advice, I will call the local dealer and see what they say...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Thanks again...
Deb

Old 02-10-2004, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider

If you take the VIN into your local E-Ton dealer, he/she might be able to contact their E-Ton head office for a sales trace. If possible, try to have E-Ton do the "search & running around" for you... When it comes to increasing kids safety, some people really go the extra mile.

Sounds like you're starting to get deep into riding and possible racing. If you can't find a dealer who is willing to fix it for free (re: "stand behind their product regardless of the warranty period" ethics code), you might be able to find a dealer &/or performance shop to be your racing sponsor. I read on a few other forums that if you race and buy their products, you get a discount on their parts. I'm sure you have to apply their shop's sticker to your kid's plastic, but some kids think some stickers are "very cool". If you save $15/week and obtain a sponsor, you might be able to purchase a new running board and/or front fender in only a few months. Might be less hassle and cost of trying to fix it yourself.

If wondering, I'm doing this same "save $2.00 / day" approach for our future upgrades. Place 2 dollars in a tin can every time you roll out of bed (or go to bed) and in a few months, its a nice chunk of change. "Mad Money" that my wife didn't know I was saving for our Pred-90 future upgrades. And, one's less coffee each day is good for one's body too.

Hope this helps...

Old 02-11-2004, 01:07 AM
Pro Rider

You might also be able to pick up some floor boards used.Some people that race replace them with nerf bars so there are probably some out there for sale.If you want to PM me your e-mail adress I have some good pics of how to raise up your foot pegs for little legs.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Boy, I thought you said you wanted something with racks and now your getting into racing![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-11-2004, 09:29 AM
Trailblazer

OldYeller,
Well maybe not "into racing"....lol
Maybe just a few laps in the "kiddie" race....lol....
I am not a nuts and bolts kind of person...lol...
NOW give me a Rope, a cow, a horse and a rodeo, and Im all set....
He wants to do that too of course...
but ever since he first saw quads, he has wanted to race...
I hope he puts the interest into the horses first.. but I figure that I owe it to him to
let him explore what "he" wants to.. and well..we can do motorcross in between rodeo weekends...lol
I dont know if it will ever go farther than that.....and the good thing is that in that division heck, most of the kids were racing "utility" type quads....lol..(with racks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
so I think that his E-ton should be a good one for that, and.... we want to go riding and for now a indoor track is probably a good place to learn.. all the saftey issues, etc...
I did sign him up for a ATV saftey class... they havent called yet, and I get one for free with the yamaha...
I really would like to find some trails that will allow kids to ride...
I know the law is 12..??
but I have heard that "up north"...in the UP they wont bother you if they are riding safe..
but I am not sure...
I will mail you about that foot peg.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Thanks for all your help....
maybe I can blame you for getting me into all this...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Thanks...again
Deb