Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

she wont wear a helmet

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 01:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default she wont wear a helmet

Originally posted by: fastfredy
Mnfriesen, no whats comical is you trying to play forum police by telling people how and what to post[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
I never told ne one how to post or what to post...I am just stating the obviouse

Old 02-25-2004, 02:18 PM
Pro Rider

I can't believe this thread is still going on. Oops, I just added to it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Oh well, as long as I'm here, get a basic tool box and NEVER travel without it. Even if you don't know how to use tools, someone else may be able to help you with them.

Old 02-25-2004, 04:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

I'm going to stop watching this thread. Basically I cannot believe this dude is still thinking of letting the lil gal ride a gas motored machine.
To each his own! I'm not demanding anyone listen to lil ol me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I hope and pray the next thread isn't "well she crashed" As I'm not going to view it.
Either way good luck and God bless.

Old 02-25-2004, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider

i wish someone would clarify for me why i should put my little girl on a battery powerd quad but not a motorised one even tho i can throttle it back so its going the same speed as a batery powered quad, im struggling to see the benefit,

thanks

Old 02-25-2004, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider

If you throttle it back I see no difference except that the gas one will runn for a couple weeks like that and the battery one prolly wont last the day. With the battery one you will have to eventually get the gas one anyway. With the gas you will be able to control how much she advances and she will be better adjusted to riding. HOWEVER, what if someone bigger rides it, changes your throttle setting, and she gets on it and opens er up and it takes off....... I don't want to think about that.

I think yer on the right path. Take good care of that lil girl!

BTW, no tools, no ride.

Old 02-25-2004, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks Eiger,
it makes perfect scence to me now,

Old 02-26-2004, 11:56 PM
Trailblazer

From experience, our 3yr old got his Kawie (Power Wheels battery operated) for Christmas. No helmet required. Easy to operate, two settings-2.5 and 5 mph and you can leave it on 2.5 if you want. I think I charged it every night for months, in fact, he stripped the gears and wore out the plastic tires befor the 1 yr warranty was up. He learned to spin tires and powerslide in gravel, ride standing up, and how to turn before he ran into something (eventually). Plus, he could ride it pretty much unsupervised so he got a lot of saddle time. When he wanted to ride his sister's Scrambler 50, I throttled it way back. He eventually took it over and she got a bigger one. But, we told him "to ride "the big four wheeler", you got to wear your helmet". And it worked. Lots of folks have commented on his riding ability for his age and I credit that to a year's worth and a million miles of "Power Wheels Ninja" riding. At 5, he even still rides it now and then.

Old 02-27-2004, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider

I sure hope we are finished now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-27-2004, 10:19 AM
Trailblazer

My son wouldnt wear one either, I rode "his" quad around the year for about a week....
just so he could see it....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

then we made a BIG deal out of going to the store and letting him "pick one out"....all his own...
whatever color etc......

He was ok with that.....and now he is his own "helmet" advocate....man at 5 he bitches out anyone
who is not wearing a helmet....lol
including MOM....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

its a RULE.... NO HELMET....NO QUAD.....NO EXCEPTIONS.....NO FIGHTS......

and honestly...if you cave now..... you will have a fight forever..... dont cave....and she will
be able to understand better.... that the helmet is a part of the deal.....

Old 02-27-2004, 03:05 PM
Trailblazer

Mabey u could show her videos of pros and tell her that even the best whear helmets or u can mabey take her to one of those fancy atv schools lol

Quick Reply: she wont wear a helmet