Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

LT80 tips to make quicker

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 08:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
Default LT80 tips to make quicker

Old 03-26-2004, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya know how earlier i was saying that it seems to die out after a while. Well now it wont start. I checked the spark plug and cleaned it up real good. It still wouldnt start. Im going to take the carb off next and clean it. Do you have any ideas of where else to look?

Old 03-26-2004, 07:56 AM
Pro Rider

You might try checking the compression. Ours did what you are saying, but then it would start when it cooled off. After about two weeks of that it wouldn't start at all. The compression was way low.

P.s. Your talking to the right guy about this. (LT80) If he can't help you, no one can!!

Old 03-26-2004, 12:24 PM
Pro Rider

Im an idiot to these things. How do i do that?

Old 03-26-2004, 12:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey LT80, The carb restrictor you are talking about,is it in all years. I have an 87 I just have a DG pipe and it rips on the top end,bottom is a little sluggish.

Old 03-26-2004, 01:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Is an LT80 too much for a 6 year old girl??? She is tall for her age. I was going to buy her a 50cc quad, but I see some kids half her size on LT80's at the Dunes. I like the sound of that restictor for beginers..

Sorry to barge in on your thread, but it sounds like thier are some LT 80 guru's in here.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

BIgger.

Old 03-26-2004, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider

no its not too big. The one we just bought is for my 3 year old brother. We have another one already for my 5 year old brother and my 7 year old sister is growing out of her predator 90 very quickly.

Old 03-26-2004, 03:24 PM
Pro Rider

To check the compression you'll need a compression gauge. Just take the plug out and install the gauge, and then crank it over and read the gauge. If I remember right, it should have around 120lbs or better. (do a search in this forum, I know LT80 has posted it before)
I started my 2 sons on a Yahama Badger first, then let them go to the Lt. My youngest son is 8 and has been riding for 3 years now. MAN that makes me feel old!!! This year my youngest will ride the LT full time and my oldest (tall 10yr old) will be riding a 300ex, and I'll be eating their dust on my SP500h.o.

Old 03-26-2004, 03:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

At 6 and with supervision, most able to start controling a LT80. I take it you go to Lil Sahara. I been there. Cool place and 1/2 the drive to glamis [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
The 3 year old scares the bageezus out of me tho! There is no way a 3 year old can reach the brake levers and turn while sitting on the seat. Lets just say that I hope you( Mr. 95gst) ride the 3 year old around on the LT80 till he/she fits on a 50cc quad. And you wanted the restrictor out???!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
I'm sorry, but I'm flabbergasted. You all can think what you want, but I cannot condone this at all.

Old 03-26-2004, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider

PLEASE NOT, THIS IS JUST MY OPINION!!!

3 is young, real young. But alot of it depends on the kid, how big they are and how mature they are. Even with that, I would not ever put a kid on a quad that can not ride a bike well without training wheels. And even at that, they would have to ride at least a year before getting a quad. My youngest son could ride his bike at age 2 no problems without training wheels. I still waited until he was almost 5 and then put him on the Badger with out the gear shifter. I want my kids to be able to enjoy things that I enjoy. But when your kid gets hurt (and if you ride enough, they will) and it is because of a choice you made, like to start them off really young on a quad, it will make you want to throw the thing away. Its just not worth it! Everyone that has rode for a long time has crashed at some point, so don't even think you'll always be right there to keep them from harm. Both of my kids have crashed with in arms reach of me, and yet there was nothing I could do to stop it. Please be careful if you do let them ride. Lawsuites are getting worse all the time. If you take a kid that is on a quad that is over their age limit, to a hospital because of a quad injury, you could be sued by your state and run the risk of losing your kids. It's happening more and more all the time.

Quick Reply: LT80 tips to make quicker