Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

E-TON 90 vs. LT80

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 02:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-TON 90 vs. LT80

I am going to buy a quad pretty soon for my 6yr old daughter(inexperienced,wil have to start out slow). I have good things about each of these to quads. But admittingly dont know squat about MINI's. I need you guys to give me the pro's and cons of these two machines, and if thier is a Quad that competes with these 2 then feel free to throw it in thier also[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

First off it looks like the LT is quite a bit higher than the E-ton. But sometimes you get what you pay for. I will be doing ALL the mantainence on the little bugger, so local dealers dont matter any to me.

Thanks,

Biggerisbetter.

Old 03-29-2004, 06:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hmmmmm. OK....

MY QUAD IS FASTER THAN YOUR QUAD!!!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Maybe that will work.LOL

BIgger.

Old 03-29-2004, 08:34 PM
Pro Rider

Now ya done did it.

My e-ton will smoke your................ Na just kidding

They are both good quads. You wont go wrong with eather. We got the E-ton 50&90 in Dec.02
The 90 is used by me and the wife as a pit bike. Never had a lick of trouble out it. Just changed the stock plug last weekend,lol. My boy races the 50 and it was perfect for him. Verry good for him to learn on. No troube internaly. I had to put new fuel lines on it a few months ago and put new chain and sprokets. Maintence has been very easy.

Now we gona see how she holds up to mods[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] We turned it into a rocket last weekend. It smokes the 90 now[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Dont have any experance with the lt80.I have heard the rear of the motor case is the swing arm holder and that is a week spot. But that is just from hearsay. That might be wrong. I here there is alot of hop ups for those to.

There are a ton of other brands to out there.
Polaras
Kasea
LRX
DRR
Bombardier
Extream

They all are pretty similar. All have lots of hop ups to. IMO you can make any one of these run with the other.

Old 03-29-2004, 08:46 PM
Pro Rider

Bigger

talk to tractorman on the bom forum....maybe Kawa...as he just bought one, kawa that is. he is a dealer for e-ton. he's got good information.

Just read where he's helping someone with their timeing. the thread was "tractorman, your da man"

Old 03-30-2004, 09:00 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fishslab has one of each, the e-ton 90 and an LT80. He's a great guy and will give you honest feedback. avoid the Yam. 50 due to lack of power/no speed. IMHO, the LT80 is a better starter for a 6 y/o with no experience. No shifting, smaller, and they can concentrate on learning to ride/steer/brake. Shifting can come later in bigger quad. I wouldn't be afraid to start her on a 50cc unit to give her confidence and to not overwhelm or intimidate her like a bigger machine will.If you buy used stuff, you can flip it quick for what you paid and not lose $$. You can upgrade her as her skills improve.

this has been debated at great length here. read some of the topics on this forum about " which size atv for my...." . people have made good points for both sides of the debate. lots of people like to buy a size bigger (i.e. 80-90cc) and let the youngster grow into it.

Old 03-30-2004, 10:07 AM
Elite Pro Rider

i like the LT it has done well

Old 03-30-2004, 10:31 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks guys! I agree about the starter quad and the confidience thing. I was hoping I could restrict these two machines down to say 10-15 mph and l let go crazy on it in the middle of a softball field. I figure I will have her so ARMORed up that WHEN she falls off, it wont hurt ,and she'll probably think its fun.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I wont take her to the LS dunes for a while, but their are alot more safe places I can take her to develope her skills,and teach her the right rules of engagement. Only after she is ready will I show her the ART of smoking someone! LOL.

" I think I will call her GRASSHOPPA."

Bigger.

Old 03-30-2004, 11:49 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

I have a Eton in my garage right now. I like the rear disc brake but I don't like the hand lever to acuate it.It seems like a good machine.
In stock form either one of these machines will give you good service. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-30-2004, 12:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

So " FOR THE MONEY " Is the E-ton a better first quad??

If so Where can I buy one?

Bigger.

Old 03-30-2004, 01:47 PM
Range Rover

E- ton 90 is a good quad, Lt-80 is a little more maintenace free, My daughter has new LT-80 and Niece has Eton90. They are equal in speed, I felt the E-ton had more ummph off the start. But the E-ton chain tensioner snapped the first day out, but we jury rigged it for the remainder of the camping trip, the Lt-80 belt came off sprocket in case.
E-ton wins on the price. I was almos think of getting the E-ton YUKON for my older daughter,

Quick Reply: E-TON 90 vs. LT80