Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Predator 90 or Eton 90

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 02:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator 90 or Eton 90

That sounds like a great deal!! I got my E-ton for 1399 new, but It had sat on the dealers floor for a year. He just wanted to get rid of it. It has been great so far. I wanted the Predator as well, but my dealer would only go to $2000. I hope your kid enjoy it

Old 04-11-2004, 04:03 PM
Trailblazer

mmills023 is there anyway you could post some pics of the frame differences on the late model 04's. I think it would be worth the time to fix it now. I have to younger children and the Predator is going to be a hand me down. That is a great deal for an 04 Predator 90. I really like everything about the Predator but I am still concerned over the welds. Mine was manufactured in August of 03 so I don't have the improved frame. Thanks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-11-2004, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider

RoadDoc, you mentioned being concerned about the frame welds .....has anyone been having frame problems with the Pred. 90's other than the little bracket that secures the gas and oil tank? Other than that little weld point our 90 seems to be welded pretty good. This weekend I also took out the entire stock airbox and replaced it with a UNI filter with and Outerwear prefilter right off the carb and then installed Hetrick Racing's aluminum filter guard. Ended up with a 110 main jet and she runs great......plug shows a nice tan color. Pipes are next but by just letting more air in and re-jetting you can notice a nice gain between the low and mid range.

Old 04-12-2004, 08:38 AM
Trailblazer

On the 04 late model frames they put gussets on the weaker spots on the frame and lowered the bracket so the seat didn't hit and break the tab. Gussets are used to add strength to weak spots in the frame which makes me believe weak spots are being discovered. To what extent I don't know but I'm trying to find out. It may just be a quality mechanism to prevent further issues. The point is I don't know and I'm a little concerned. I just want to know what to look for and how to fix it when it happens to mine.

I've heard the air filter adds a decent amount of perfromance. Do you ride in mud or water? If so how does the filter gaurd and outerwear protect the filter?

Old 04-12-2004, 11:19 AM
Pro Rider

RoadDoc, I didn't know about the addition of the gussets on the newer frames. I agree with you, if they are adding gussets there must be a reason for it. As far as riding through mud and water goes, my kids do go through mud and small puddles every once and awhile so there is a little concern on how this new set-up will do. We have not hit any mud or water since putting on the new filter yet though. Water is definitely the bigger concern. In the past I've not noticed a large build up of mud where the new filter and guard is sitting but we will pay more attention to it through a long day of riding.

Old 04-13-2004, 02:44 PM
Trailblazer

go to pep boys and check out the 90 cc 4 stroke with reverse and a bunch of other stuff 899 brand new it looks awsome.

Old 04-28-2004, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider

mmills023 What is the manufactor date on your pred 90. I'm looking at getting one and want to get one with the fixed weld.

Old 04-29-2004, 03:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

mmills023 (and others with Pred-90 owners),

There is a way you can install a light on the front of your Pred-90. For more details, surf the info within -Press Here-

For a tail light, simply run another live wire off your front light switch, twist tie it to the frame, and splice it within your factory tail light wiring assembly. If wondering, I'm hoping to perform this improvement to our Pred-90 sometime next week.

For safety within our dark bush trails, I feel daytime running lights are mandatory. For even greater safety in other riding conditions, all mini-builders should have mandatory daytime running lights.

For a foot brake, I'm hoping to post the customized Foot Brake information for our Pred-90 by this Saturday. Please stay tuned for this improvement suggestion as well.

Hope this helps...

Old 04-30-2004, 09:56 AM
Range Rover

Well thanks for the info guys. I m picking up the pred 90 today in an hour. The big reason for going with polaris is the dealer for eton is a real a$$. they would not budge on the price, the service or lack of service was a factor. The polaris dealer I went to is closer and under new managemnet and a pleasure to deal with.

Thanks again for all the help.

by the way its the troy lee edition.
kids like the graphics and think its faster.

Old 04-30-2004, 09:57 PM
Trailblazer

The Troy Lee Desing is faster, isn't it.

Quick Reply: Predator 90 or Eton 90