Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Predator 90 or Eton 90

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 02:06 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator 90 or Eton 90

Im looking to get a mini for my kids. I have a 9 year old and a 7 year old. They currently have a 87 honda trx70 for them. I just got it so they are still learning on it. The hard part is the shifting on th honda. I have looked at the Etons and they are perfect size for them. I have not taken them to see the polaris predator for sizing.

I would like to get some opinions on both to help me in making this disicion. The etons are a little cheaper but that doesnt bother me. I want to get the best quad for the money.

Thanks.

Old 04-06-2004, 04:06 PM
Pro Rider

I have the 03 predator no problems. The 04's are having some issues with bad welds. It looks to me like polar5is maybe having some quality control issues w/the 04 model. If you can find an 03 pred get it. You will be happy!

if you can't the Eton Viper is a great choice...they even have a 70cc model for 2005. might be worth looking into. With the 2005 Eton 90 you have the option of reverse or no reverse.

Goodluck

Old 04-06-2004, 07:45 PM
Trailblazer

I bought my daughter the Predator and we are very happy with the choice. No problems with it so far. There are a few people having problems with the oil tank weld breaking, but most of these people are saying their kids are riding the heck out of the machine. The Predator is a little larger than the ETON so sizing may be an issue for your kids, they will have more growing room on the Predator. The Predator also has more suspension travel also. On the flip side I have heard a lot of good things about the ETON and would consider it on my next purchase for my younger daughters. The mini market seems to be growing now and who knows what the future holds as they compete for your business. I don't think you will go wrong with either brand.

The 05 models will be released soon and it may be worth the wait to see what improvements/upgrades each Brand/Model will have. The ETON 90 offers reverse in 05. I don't think the other manufactures have released their 05 models yet. You may want to look at other brands also, their are a lot more out there.

Good luck on your purchase and have fun with the kids. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-06-2004, 08:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hello
We have a 04 Predator 90cc
What a great quad, Easy to drive for the little ones, loads of power
Last weekend their quad went for 5 hours straight, just shut it down to refuel
The Eton is a great choice also from what I have read
I would get another Predator in a minute

Old 04-06-2004, 08:42 PM
Range Rover

Thanks guys. Im going to start shopping and take the boys with me to size them. I do like the predator but I am open minded. Im looking to purchase in the next 2-3 weeks.

Thanks again.

Old 04-07-2004, 09:29 PM
Range Rover

First of all they both are great quads. There are a couple of them both at the off road races my son races in. My buddy just bought a 03 Pred 90 for his 10 yr old son. This past weekend he smoked all the other boys by 3 laps. Yes alot of this was the rider but the 2nd and 3rd place boys were awesome riders also and they were on etons. If I was going to choose between the 2 I would get the Pred. But you can't go wrong with either 1. This is just my .02 cents worth. I was looking at the Polaris for my 6 yr old to race and was going to get one until a local shop chose to sponsor him on the Arctic Cat.

---------------------------------------------
#838-01 Polini x3 works-Michaels
#838-01 Husqvarna cr50 Jr-Michaels
03-Suzuki lt-80-Michaels
#838-04-Arctic Cat 50-Michaels-Pipe,Malossi clutch kit,malossi reed block and reeds, malossi cdi, pro design tether, twin air filter pod, jet kit, douglas alum wheels and holeshot tires and Carlisle Badland tires, Rebel gears, removal of oil injector system.
02-Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4-mine
04 Suzuki Drz-125L-mine

"Don't ride faster than your Angel can fly"

" Keep it pinned to win"

--------------------------------------

Old 04-07-2004, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We have an '03 Pred-90 and its been running great since day one. We do lots of deep mud, deep water, rought trail and hard sand riding. We've even done a few log & rock cross country rides - got the dents on its chain guard to prove it. Anyway, for my 8/9 year old son, our '03 Pred-90 has been great. It's never been back to its dealer. A few "nice to have improvements" because of our unique riding conditions but that's it. Nice little stock mini for what we use it for....

Regarding the Oil Injection tank welds on the '04 Pred-90, I remember reading something about a different Oil Injection Tank. Some even move the welds down 1/4 inch to releave its pressure on the tank. After its warranty period, some folks even remove its Oil Injection tank and go pre-mix. Going pre-mix is great for racers or "pit crew" who don't have much trust in the factory Oil Injection systems (regardless of its brand).

If optional driving lights, rear disc brakes and reverse is important to you, then focus on the E-Ton Viper line. If you like more suspension and the "Power Rangers" style look, then focus on the Pred-90 brand. Before purchasing any brand, ensure both of your kids are involved in the selection process. After all, they will be the one driving it.

Hope this helps...

Old 04-08-2004, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider

I have two kids the same age as your's and they both have E-Ton Viper 90's. They have been nothing but excellent! They both have been trouble free and my kids ride the snot out of them. It hauls my big butt around without a problem too (I just had to test 'em out, right?)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2004, 08:29 AM
Range Rover

Thanks again guys. Its a tough choice hearing great things about both quads. Like you guys said Im going to take them with me and see which one they like.

Thanks for all the replys.

Old 04-08-2004, 04:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ok i know this wasnt in the title....

But i am torn between these models

Kasea 90
Eton 90
Polaris 90

This is for my 8 year old, who is on the taller side of his age group, and will use it for local racing/harescrambles and northern michigan trail riding.

I guess i am mostly wondering abour stock power, size (since he is taller than most), and aftermarket products available. Realibility is a concern as well. I want him be able to be competitive with this, and also be able to hop it up as his skills grow.....also want him to be able to keep up on the trails when we go on family rides.

If this was the wrong place to post i apologize..

Quick Reply: Predator 90 or Eton 90