Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Grizzly 125?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 01:45 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grizzly 125?

Anyone know anything about this Quad,is it good for a beginner?

Old 06-28-2004, 01:48 AM
Quad Patrol
Default Grizzly 125?

Fishy, The Grizzly 125 is the old Yamaha Breeze. It is a good bike, friend has 2 of them. As for a beginner, depends on age, size, any experience at all, etc.

Old 06-28-2004, 03:44 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Grizzly 125?

I think you're paying a lot of extra $$ for a front and rear rack and cosmetics to make it look like a Griz. I'd look for a slightly used Breeze, as it's the exact same drive train and design, just different cosmetics. funny it's NOT a shaft drive, which Yamaha puts in a lot of their stuff. It's CVT/belt with a chain. Fwd and Reverse, that's it..... so easy to ride. good and dependable. I'd say this is one of the only quads between child and adult, so good for a 12y/o+, depending on size and experience.

Old 06-28-2004, 05:50 AM
Quad Patrol
Default Grizzly 125?

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
so easy to ride. good and dependable. I'd say this is one of the only quads between child and adult, so good for a 12y/o+, depending on size and experience.
Confused, I also like the Suzuki 160 also for the in between quad. We bought it for my 14, (13 at the time) she loves it. My 11 and 8 year can ride it pretty good to. They have been riding for a few years though. But, they are still supervised[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-28-2004, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default Grizzly 125?

ya, we've got a 160 too. It is one of the few 'in-betweeners'. Breeze is easier to ride being fully-auto/no gears. But then I've always defended our Raptor 80 saying kids should learn how to shift gears anyways, and develop those skills. with 5 gears, the 160 is a lot faster.

I haven't had good luck with my Suzukis. I'm forever wrenching them, trying to get them to perform like new. Granted i've always bought used stuff. my 8 y/o sometimes rides the 160 and loves it cuz i put better all-purpose/mud tires on it. Oh yeah, and I find their parts expensive. Our Suzuki dealer is great to deal with though.

right now i got some kinda rear brake/chain noise, and at mid to high rpm, it feels like it's gonna shake apart...bad vibration. like I said, i never stop working on it.

Old 06-29-2004, 02:08 AM
Quad Patrol
Default Grizzly 125?

Confused, I agree. I want my kids to learn how to shift using all 5 gears. They are getting better. They realize that the better they shift, the more places they can ride. Especially at Pismo. It was great the first time we took them out and got to watch them ride the dunes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

We bought our 160 new (1st one we bought new). Haven't had to play around with it yet. I haven't experienced the problem your experiencing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Just by the description, could it be a bearing or a missing/damaged tooth on the rear sprocket?
What size tires do you have on the back? I'm thinking about getting away from that monster stock rear tire.

Old 06-29-2004, 05:43 AM
Pro Rider
Default Grizzly 125?

actually, mine are a little wider! I think stock is 22x10-8, and I put on 22x11-8. I'd had them for a couple of years, got them on sale at a surplus/farm supply place. they were supposed to be for my wife's '84 Yamaha 200, but the tires are still too good to take off that one. these are Carlisles, and were about $50 each, which is cheap here.

you probably won't have any problems if you look after it. mine was pretty thrashed but still starts easy and runs, just rough. I've been trying to get it closer to normal.

Old 06-29-2004, 08:10 PM
Quad Patrol
Default Grizzly 125?

So far, we have lucked out with our quads. Out of all of them, the wife's is the only one I had have extensive work done on it (rebuilt trans). Good luck on getting the 160 as close to normal as you possible can[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-29-2004, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default Grizzly 125?

It's funny, there are so many Polaris fanatics out there. When I was shopping for quad, my northern logger cousins who have forgotten more than I'll ever know about atvs and anything motorized, told me to stay away from Polaris: high maintenance, and not easy to work on or maintain. Yet they swear Polaris makes the BEST snowmobiles.

Old 06-30-2004, 03:34 AM
Quad Patrol
Default Grizzly 125?

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
It's funny, there are so many Polaris fanatics out there. When I was shopping for quad, my northern logger cousins who have forgotten more than I'll ever know about atvs and anything motorized, told me to stay away from Polaris: high maintenance, and not easy to work on or maintain. Yet they swear Polaris makes the BEST snowmobiles.
Our Polaris does seem to take more maintenance then our other quads[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]I wouldn't write off getting another one though, I like the Predator[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] I think the biggest thing is, it's a 2 stroke and had been ridden hard before we bought it. Wife likes it (if she's happy, I'm happy) and it does have some awesome power[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I only ride it if I have too, I don't like the set up and I still enjoy shifting[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]