Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

DRR 50 for Stock Class

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 10:08 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DRR 50 for Stock Class

No I don't. All the work was done by someone else.Sorry,call the place where you got the clutch from. They will know what to do.

Old 07-09-2004, 06:21 AM
Pro Rider

Artic Dad, thE STOCK ROLLER WEIGHT IS 6.0 Cheap thing for you to do that will make it run is remove limiter in the variator halves, Get another outer variator half that will allow the rollers to travel farther. Remove the air box and put on a Uni filter with a .85mm main jet (or something around that size), replace the CDI if yours came with a rev limiter. You will need one for a 50cc not a 90cc. If you are leaving the air tube on remove the washer that is welded inside it near the carburetor, Change you clutch torque spring out with one from a 90cc machine, change the clutch spring out with ones that are rated at 1500 rpm or 2000 rpm, change your sprockets to 19 front, 27 rear. Oh, keep the 4.8 rollers for this set-up.

Old 07-10-2004, 01:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

TrexTommy, I'll try the variator half sheve that sounds good. Where do i get that from? Anyway, I just got done installing a UNI filter and tried an 80, 90, 95 and 100 main jets and the thing would not run with any of them. When I hit the gas it sounded like a huge vacuum cleaner just sucking air and it would fall flat on it's face. I was running 5.4 gr in the var. I have removed the washer in the intake tube, the carb, and the clutch. I'm also running 32 - 19 gears. My CDI is being Saturday aired to me tomorrow morning. Maybe that will help. I got all my stuff from Hetrick and that is the set-up they told me to run. I'm a little frustrated. Maybe the air filter and jets will work with the CDI but that doesn't make much sense seeing that as soon as I hit the gas it died. Any advice??

Old 07-10-2004, 04:42 PM
Range Rover

Have you done anything to the air box. I had the same problem when I opened the air box to much. Also had the same problem with to big of a jet. I'm running a 85 jet mixed 44:1 fuel ratio. The air box only has 1 extra half inch air tube added on to the box and a Twin Air filter.To much air or to much fuel will give you the problems your having. This might not be the problem,but It sounds like it to me. It might be worth a try. Getting the right air and fuel mixture is a trial and error thing. It took me a couple of combinations to get it right.Hope this helps. Let us know,were here to help in any way we can.

Old 07-17-2004, 12:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

Bluetick, I haven't done anything to the air box. I tried running the UNI filter and jet combo from Hetrick. The thing would not run at all. As soon as I hit the gas it died. I tried 90, 95 and 100 main jets per Hetrich. I put the stock box and jet in 32 sprocket and a CDI and it runs pretty good. I had it to about 24MPH. I'm running the 5.4 gram weights in the variator but it seems like it takes awhile to get to full speed. I'm putting the stock 6.0 back in. I haven't had any luck with any of Hetrick's set up. In fact I'm sending everything back except the CDI. Super nice people there. They just don't seem to have the Arctic Cat down yet. By the way, what do you mean a dual filter with a stock air box?

Old 07-17-2004, 07:22 PM
Range Rover

I don't mean duel filter. I ment to say 2 stage filter.The air gets sucked from the top of the filter down thru the filter into the bottom of the air box then the air tube from the carb sucks it from the top.

Old 07-18-2004, 01:28 AM
Weekend Warrior

Got it! I'll try it. Thanks.

Old 07-20-2004, 03:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

I just purchased a new 50cc for my son - it ran great at first, then just bogged down and wouldn't move. It still ran, but really crappy, sputtering and sounded like it was choked up. I played with everything and couldn't get it running right again. I changed the plug as it looked fouled and it still ran like crap. I then let it sit for a while and he tried it later, ran great again. Then died again. It came back out of it after a while letting it idle and he rode it again and then had it die! I then drained the gas, checked the air cleaner and everything was fine. I was playing with it and took the rubber elbow off the carb and it came out of it and ran great, never dying. I then put the elbow back on and it bogged down again. Once I took it off again it took a couple minutes to clean out and then ran great again? Can anyone tell me if this is a normal problem with the arctic cats? I read the posts and noticed the one about the washer? was wondering if this restricted air-flow and that was the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
Paul

Old 07-21-2004, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider

Your main jet size for a Uni should be 120 or so. You are way to lean with what you have.

Old 07-21-2004, 01:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

What mods have you done or is this totally stock??

Quick Reply: DRR 50 for Stock Class