Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

DRR 50 for Stock Class

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 07:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DRR 50 for Stock Class

arctic dad - if this is for me - it's totally stock - the only modification I tried is removing the washer at the end of the air intake tube. I've tried everything else to no avail! I'm starting to think it's the carb itself or the automatic choke in it??
thanks
Paul

Old 07-22-2004, 02:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

Paul, my AC 50 has run extremely well since day one. It ran great with the washer in the intake tube or without it. Not a huge differenc. The biggest difference was buying a 32 tooth rear sproket (Rebel Gears), removing the washer in the front variator and the carb.
It sounds like your choke could be sticking. I have heard of some funny things happening with the auto chokes. Also your dealer may have mixed oil with the gas for the first tank. You said you drained it. Did you mix oil with your gas when you refilled it? I'm sure you know that it is oil injected so you don't need to mix the oil with the gas. If none of this helps I'd take it back to the dealer because it's not normal. Glynn
ps. Dump th 50 tooth sprocket ASAP. My daughter is 5 and now she loves her machine.

Old 07-22-2004, 11:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks for the input - I didn't notice any oil in the gas when I drained it - I'm at the point where I surmised it was the carb also - either dirty? or auto choke malfunctioning. I'm leaning towards the choke as it runs good when it wants, then dies. I brought it to the dealer for them to fix, i've given up with my limited knowledge and they should warranty it if the carb is messed up, so i'm not going to explore further. I'll let you know what the problem is when they tell me - I'm going to have to try the 32 rear sprocket, looks like it would be an easy change to do. I'm letting him ride a yamaha 100 right now and he actually likes it more, as it is just way too fast for a 5 year old - in first gear it will run away from his wheeler, with two more gears to go. I love riding it and wheelieing for the kids though - i'm a bad influence!! thanks
Paul

Old 07-23-2004, 07:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

I wish you luck! Mine has been a great macine so far. My daughter is five and with the restrictors removed and the 32 sprocket it runs 23 - 24 mph. That's quick for a 5 year old. Have fun and let me know what the problem was, I'm curious. Glynn

Old 07-25-2004, 08:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

well - just got back after a weekend of running it - the float was messed up in the carb - the tech squared it away and it ran great all weekend. Now the problem I have is that he keeps bending the skid plate over the sprocket up as he has not let off the throttle all weekend and things like rocks are made to be hammered in his eyes! Thanks for your input and I'm going to start making it faster asap.
Paul

Old 08-05-2004, 10:07 PM
Trailblazer

btalon, I am having the same problem with my son's new drr 50. do you know if they replaced the float or fixed it?

Old 08-05-2004, 10:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

they just fixed it - said it actually was a minor fix, but fatal to running the machine - good luck with yours - his has been running great since - just installed the 32 rear sprocket and he is a wild man on it now!

Old 08-05-2004, 10:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

also wanted to make a note for you that when I was talking to the mechanic at the arctic cat dealership he told me that the major manufacturers 50cc wheelers were basically identical - if you don't have a dealer local for the drr - then any of the mechanics should be able to square you away - he has been working on numerous other makes as some haven't done the proper updates that came out for the arctic cat.

Old 08-06-2004, 06:11 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the info. My DRR dealer is 65 miles away so I am going to take it to a mechanic closer to home. Did the 32 rear sprocket make a big difference?

Old 08-06-2004, 12:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

yes it did - the 32 was worth the money - it has increased the fun value for him drasticaly.

Quick Reply: DRR 50 for Stock Class