Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

What to do about a bully parent at the track?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 07:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do about a bully parent at the track?????

From Bart May

to what THE BIRD said I was also standing their talking to robb and the others Greg in my eyes did not plan on starting any thing. He simply reached his hand out and spoke to Al when Al blew up .I am freinds with both partys and have talked to both about solving this matter. This topic should have not been posted I agree,but to late,as far as saying anything about the little girl youmentioed you should get facts before saying anything Greg had nothing to do with that I did not here anything said about her and have my wife and son sitting with us that heard nothing also. I am also freinds with the girl and her parents .The girl has never ben a problem to us or the peaks and she hangs out with all of or kids. She is a sweetheart. OK guys lets work this out for our kids. Hope this does not offend either man involved .

Old 07-30-2004, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

Sounds like a few guys need a boys night out over a few beers and work this out.

Old 07-30-2004, 09:05 PM
Pro Rider

sounds like another kurt busch crying cuz jimmy spencer got sick of his crap!

Old 07-30-2004, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

I guess my comment would be it is only a race folks... not some life or death struggle in an emergency room.. or on a battle field. I always thought the real reason you go was to enjoy yourself... Sounds like the crash situation caused more adrenaline that usual, and reactive behavior took over.

Although this thread has generated a lot of comments, the forum really doesn't lend itself to airing dirty laundry.

Not a betting man, but I'd guss that it is an attempt to mend fences without confrontation.. hoping that the other will see the thread... I sure hope so... and that you two can talk it out face to face without embarrassing each other, or having mutual friends having to defend the two of you.

I don't see any winners here, just losers ... mostly the kids involved

Old 08-01-2004, 02:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Good post DragginButt, I agree.

Old 08-02-2004, 11:56 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Dragginbutt
I agree.

Old 08-11-2004, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider

10-4 on the kids losing the most out of this.

Old 08-13-2004, 04:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Dragginbutt
I guess my comment would be it is only a race folks... not some life or death struggle in an emergency room.. or on a battle field. I always thought the real reason you go was to enjoy yourself... Sounds like the crash situation caused more adrenaline that usual, and reactive behavior took over.

Although this thread has generated a lot of comments, the forum really doesn't lend itself to airing dirty laundry.

Not a betting man, but I'd guss that it is an attempt to mend fences without confrontation.. hoping that the other will see the thread... I sure hope so... and that you two can talk it out face to face without embarrassing each other, or having mutual friends having to defend the two of you.

After reading all of your posts, I must say I am impressed with your attitude and professional responses. There is not a lot of people like that on the forums. Bubba

Old 08-15-2004, 04:26 PM
Pro Rider

I've heard/seen way too much of this garbage going on at anything related to kids, if my kids choose to participate in something, I make them put 100% into it. BUT I don't get all freaked out and loose my cool, and I see this happen all the time, its the kids' race let the kids race. Parents put WAY too much emphasis on WINNING, when parents spend $14,000 on a pee-wee quad you have to wonder. Being a good sport, win or loose, and having fun with your kids is what its supposed to be all about. As far as the race promoter, whats he going to do supervise all the parents? The best choice would be to ban the fathers that got into it from the track, after all the parents that are there for all the WRONG reasons are weeded out the kids can get back to having some fun!

Old 08-15-2004, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider

Unfortunately, this type of behavior is one of the reasons I won't let my kids race.......no need for this from people who are supposed to be adults. If either one of my kids saw me in any type of yelling match or altercation, it would probably scar them for life. So much for the fun of it......what a shame.

Quick Reply: What to do about a bully parent at the track?????