Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

What to do about a bully parent at the track?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 12:29 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do about a bully parent at the track?????

What should be done to an out of control bully parent who has on several occations verbally and physically assaulted another parent at the track in front of everyone to see.

At each occurrence the verbal assaults get worse consisting of screaming every conceivable profanity at the top of his lungs, hand signs crammed in his face, spit flying in his face while be screamed at, additional name calling with repeated threats of physically beatings and death, all in front of everyone at the track to see and hear including the victims wife and kids.

The physical assaults have now increased from pushing him around to now hitting him in the face simply because the victim said hello!

Any suggestions or comments from anyone?

Old 07-27-2004, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider

video

Old 07-27-2004, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider

Someone owns the track. And that kind of behavior is not going to help the owners.
These things are common in any competitive event. There is no intelligence test at the pit gate.
Ever watch days of thunder?
Talk to the owners. If you don't like what they do about it - vote with your feet.
my 2cents.

Old 07-27-2004, 12:47 AM
EAB
Pro Rider

It got physical? Sounds like time for the police!

Old 07-27-2004, 12:50 AM
Pro Rider

Thats what the police are for. Get it on video. Is there a sportsmanship ordinance in the area?

Old 07-27-2004, 01:25 AM
Pro Rider

Aww heck, just sit around and watch this guy get beat up by an obnoxiose @$$hole. YEAH RIGHT. Don't the ppl at that track feel any kind of duty to protect this guy? I understand that he don't want to get into it with this guy in front of his wife and kids, but, doesn't this guy have any friends? I know if it was me, my buddies would take care of business as I would for them. Hand this guy his @$$ once or twice, and he will leave you alone. If it got physical, pushing even, where was everybody's cell phones????? Hit and hold the number 9 on your phone and it automatically dials 911. What the hell people?

Old 07-27-2004, 10:34 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: WyoBullRydr
Aww heck, just sit around and watch this guy get beat up by an obnoxiose @$$hole. YEAH RIGHT. Don't the ppl at that track feel any kind of duty to protect this guy?

According to another site, Mr. Innocent messed with the other guy's quad and the other guy didn't like it. I wonder if the other parents felt he had it coming?

Old 07-27-2004, 10:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

The track promotor should be informed.The promotor should then kick out the bully and his rider and anyone else with them.
Most all santioning bodys have a rule that states that the rider is responsible for their pit crew/family/etc. This is why that rule is made.
If that isn't the case, It's police time!

Old 07-27-2004, 12:17 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Raptorlegs
Originally posted by: WyoBullRydrAww heck, just sit around and watch this guy get beat up by an obnoxiose @$$hole. YEAH RIGHT. Don't the ppl at that track feel any kind of duty to protect this guy?
According to another site, Mr. Innocent messed with the other guy's quad and the other guy didn't like it. I wonder if the other parents felt he had it coming?
Ahh yes....the rest of the story oozes out. Moral for the day, If you do not want beat on, do not mess with other peoples quads.

Old 07-27-2004, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LT80
The track promotor should be informed.The promotor should then kick out the bully and his rider and anyone else with them.
Most all santioning bodys have a rule that states that the rider is responsible for their pit crew/family/etc. This is why that rule is made.
If that isn't the case, It's police time!
I agree that the track promoter should be notified immediately. However it appears this matter has already escalated to a point where the police need to be involved as well. While I understand that violence is sometimes necessary, this is not one of those cases. Nor is handling your business in front of an audience of parents and their children. At this point it is really hearsay as to what actually caused the issue in the first place. The attacker is exhibiting a type of behavior that is extremely poor as a parent and as a racing enthusiast.

Does anybody remember the hockey dad who killed another man with his bare hands at the hockey practice? The guy who is getting harassed may decide to settle the score and pull a knife or gun. I know I wouldn't want my kids standing around while a situation like that escalated.

I've gone bare knuckles more times than I can count prior to being a parent. However as a parent I've never had to go this route although a few times were very close. Violence is seldom the right answer.

Quick Reply: What to do about a bully parent at the track?????