Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Dinli 150 Still Keeping Me Down`

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 05:37 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dinli 150 Still Keeping Me Down`

Hey Guys I wanted to start by saying that I can really use some help please. I just recently purchased a used Dinli 150 Helix for a good price so I had to jump on it. I was aware of the problem with it not starting due to the fact that it was not used for 6 straight months. But, Now I must say when I fist saw the bike I was in love but when I got a closer look at it you can tell that when the owner road it he really road it. But after the time of not using it wont stay on now. I still continue to purchase the bike. And when I got it home I was trying with a good friend of mine for like three hours and the bike would start but not stay on. It would just shut it self off. We checked the oil and added some more gas to the machine and still a no go. So you know by now I am felling frustrated. I climbed on top of the bike gave it a good shack and begged to start and it did. I gave it a little bit of gas and it kicked forward. I took advantage of the situation and took it for a ride around the block (I LOVED IT!) but when I got back to my drive way it shut off and wouldn’t go back on. At this time I am feeling tired and even more frustrated. I replaced the battery out from my working Helix 90 and it started but again would not stay on. I was giving up but my good friend recommended to take the carburetor out and clean it out but still NOTHING! All of this was on Friday and I am coming to you guys before I take it in to get fixed and get over charged. What do you think is the problem and what should I try next. You probably asking you self why drive my self nuts on this bike but if you look at my photos with my other Helix you know that my desire for riding has been with me forever! Thanks for taking you time reading this hope there is a god out there that can help.

Old 08-09-2004, 10:15 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds like the carburetor has an issue. I would take it somewhere to have the carb changed. Carbs are cheap on this machines. A new one is about the same price to have someone clean and repair the one you have.

Old 08-09-2004, 03:53 PM
Pro Rider

Also check your fuel tank for bad gas, shellac, gunge, etc. Maybe the fuel started to gum up, and is making the carb FUBAR? Maybe an inline filter is in order.

Also, turn off the petcock when you're done riding. Always, on any bike. It's a good idea, carb float seats are not always reliable, and you can wind up with a crankcase full of gas.

Old 08-11-2004, 08:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well Guys I wound up having to take the 150 to a Dealer that claims they repair Dinli Bikes. A place here as close to my area as I could get, “GTS Motors” in Bellerose NY. I had the worst experience there. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] So BIG BOO to them the owner was rude and just plain out unprofessional so guys never go there. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Any way I am going to be picking up my bike in the AM and taking it to a local bike shop in my area if there are any Dinli Dealers out there that can help them with getting parts Please contact me. I know you guys rather do the work urself, but I am very limited in transportation on getting from my place to yours and back. Also I will be printing out the advice given to me so far to try to help my local shop with the problem, so BIG THX! to those that replied and even took the time to read my post. I hope I can get back on the road before my summer is out. Wish me luck!

Old 08-12-2004, 08:04 AM
Pro Rider

Angel, Tell them to contact Dinli directly. The website is www.dinliusa.com Technical support or parts department. They will help them anyway possible. Sorry you are having trouble. If you were in georgia I would drive over and do it for you.

Old 08-12-2004, 10:29 AM
Weekend Warrior

If you were in georgia I would drive over and do it for you.
I REALLY appreciate that I wish I was. But I did contact Dinli my self and I informed them of the situation but there main concern (and its not a bad one) they rather deal with Dinli dealers just in case they would have to order a part the dealer ship would know exactly what to do to repair the problem so I am going to go a step further and take the hike to another dealer ship and see what the can do. If it gets any worse I might to go to Georgia, LOL But really thank all that have helped me and I will keep you inform.

Old 08-22-2004, 01:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

Well guys you can see that I have not been on asking for help no more with my Dinli 150 big thanks to Steve and Will at ATV Motor Sports http://www.atv-motorsports.com. With just a few more bucks and there fast and great service I had my bike running in less then a week. So I am on the road again. Hope you guys now check out the new picks of the his and her sets in my drive way. THAX AGAIN Steve!