Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

NEW Cobra Full race Mini

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 12:13 AM
sam
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW Cobra Full race Mini

Look here

there is more picks at
a t v s o u r c e but they wont let me put a link

Looks bad to the bone!!

Old 10-18-2004, 10:26 AM
Pro Rider

Its hard for me to get excited about a 6 speed fully manual transmission quad that sells for over $8000 U.S dollars.Its a great step in the right direction but I would love to see a dual a-arm setup and better suspension and brakes on a fully auto mini similiar to what most of us have now.Perhaps this quad by cobra will start the ball rolling and the others will step it up a little.Where we race once the kids outgrow the fully modded mini's they go straight to the blaster's.The blaster would cost less than half of the cobra and leave you a couple thousand dollars to add improvements and then it would run circles around the cobra.Just my opinion but a 70cc 6 speed manual quad seems a little strange.If the kids old enough to handle the transmission the 70cc engine would seem too small to me?

Old 10-18-2004, 05:27 PM
Pro Rider

I geuss I missed where you picked up the price at. At 8 grand I would not be interested, but, at a lower price, I sure would. I believe, and I am probably the only one on here that does, that having an auto clutch to start off with hurts kids abilty to learn to ride. Look at how kids that have had to learn to shift gears riding motorcycles, usually do so much better riding quads. Anyone can get on an auto quad and ride. If quads werent so easy to ride, there would be alot less people (almost all kids) getting hurt.

Now before everone gets mad, I do ride a Sportsman 500 myself. But the whole auto tranny thing has made it possible for someone with no abilty to ride. This quad is a race only quad. Probably geard at kids that changing gears is not a problem. Actually having a clutch is a benifit. The only problem beside price that I see is they need to make a 80-90 size. Then all these blaster framed 80's would have some competition.