Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Jianshe Mtn. Lion 400 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 03:23 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jianshe Mtn. Lion 400 4x4

any updates on the Mt. Lion 400? how is it holding up? any pics?

Old 03-05-2010, 10:23 PM
Trailblazer

this is an old post. but sure it got plenty of pics. its great i love it. the clutch went on mine. i replaced it with a yamaha big bear 400 clutch and it worked fine. its is a beast. i cant find any mud that it cannot tear through!

Old 03-05-2010, 10:28 PM
Trailblazer
Old 03-07-2010, 05:18 AM
Pro Rider

No offense intended but my 2wd Honda would go though the "mud" you were driving through with ease. Do you have any vids of it actually tearing up some real mud.....Im honestly interested in how these things last and perform.

Old 03-07-2010, 10:38 AM
Trailblazer

First. no 2wd could go through that. and next time i take it to my buddies house ill post another vid

Old 03-07-2010, 05:22 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by jianshe400
First. no 2wd could go through that. and next time i take it to my buddies house ill post another vid
Yeah post another vid cause a 2wd can do that....thats mostly water.....you can see your tires stay clean.

Here is an Suzuki 250cc Ozark 2wd fender deep with ease.

When I bought my first ATV I wanted a 4wd cause I imagined being stuck in the mud in my field all the time......but I found a good deal on a 2wd ATV so I bought it. After owning it for almost a year I have had it axle deep in thick mud, rode through the entire winter in the snow and had it almost to the seat in water.......never stuck.

I recently bought a 4wd Suzuki King Quad....so I have both now. The difference is where you need momentum and a plan with the 2wd......you can just idle through stuff with 4wd.

Guess were going to just have to agree to disagree here.....I say your puddle jumping.....not mudding.

Old 03-07-2010, 05:38 PM
Trailblazer

why would u go after a china made quad when u have a kingquad

Old 03-07-2010, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider

why would u go after a china made quad when u have a kingquad
Im not "going after" anyone or anything.....

You posted a video of your Chinese ATV and claimed it was a beast and you couldnt find any mud it couldnt go thru.....I commented on your video.

Then you commented.....saying that no 2wd could go through that. I merely posted a video of a 2wd doing that and plenty more.

Your video was not a compliment to your claim of your ATV being a beast.....it was, as I said before, something any average 2wd ATV could do easily. By all means if you have a video of it fender deep in the soupy mud then post it. You could safely claim THAT was something a 2wd couldnt do.

Im merely enlightening you so you dont look un-informed in front of someone else. You (much like I was when I bought my first ATV) are under the impressions that a 2wd ATV is a worthless turd that gets stuck in a mud puddle.

The reality is that they are very capable machines.....attested to by the 2wd Ozark 250 video above. Ive seen a 2wd ATV with a capable rider drive around a 4wd ATV stuck in the mud.

Me....I own a few Chinese products and have a little bit of knowledge regarding them. Thats why I hang out in these forums and post here. Thats why Im on this thread.

I dont dislike Chinese ATVs but I also understand what they are - usually not "beasts" that cant get stuck.

....and my King Quad is a 300cc 2000 model that I paid a measly $1600 for. I dont own anything new or extremely nice. My Honda is a 1994 200cc Foutrax I paid $700 for. Chances are most Chinese ATV owners paid more that what I paid.

Old 03-07-2010, 06:34 PM
Trailblazer

i payed 1000 bulks cash for my 2002 jianshe 400 4x4

Old 03-07-2010, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider

i payed 1000 bulks cash for my 2002 jianshe 400 4x4
.....and that may not be a bad buy but for me it wouldnt make sense.

For $600 more I got a 50" Moose plow, a no-name winch (really....I cant find a single company marking on it anywhere) and brand new ITP Mud Lites all the way around.

Sure its older and 100cc weaker (although I would be interested to see the horsepower ratings)........but its a Suzuki so parts are everywhere, manuals and info are everywhere, etc.

Is that Jianshe a CVT auto or is it a auto clutch? Thats one thing I didnt like about my Suzuki when I first got it.....it has an auto clutch instead of a fully auto. I quickly learned that while shifting wasnt as convenient as a fully auto that 5 speed with the 3 spd sub-transmission made it a hell of a workhorse. Having 15 forward gears and 3 reverse (5 forward gears and 1 reverse in super low, low and high range) as well as diff lock make it a tractor as well as an ATV. I pull my 12 foot trailer around with it all the time.......it weights 1275 pounds and it doesnt even begin to strain the ATV.

It does look kinda funny though.....but its easier then hooking the truck up to it to move it out of the way when your plowing snow....or in the case of the below picture when my son is plowing snow.

Got any pictures of your J on the trails to share.....I dont do much trail riding but Ive got a few.

Quick Reply: Jianshe Mtn. Lion 400 4x4