Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Yamoto 70cc

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2004, 12:31 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamoto 70cc

Anybody have any info or purchased the Yamoto 70cc? It as a 4 stroke, shaft drive, cvt, remote kill, and front suspension. All of these are appealing to me for a beginner youth quad that a child can use for a few years.

My biggest concern is quality. I've read where this is the Kazuma engine and that it is not real trustworthy. I've also read that the Yamotos have been pretty good.

This machine is in my price range and it seems it would fit our type of riding environment and childs size.

Any info you all have is much appreciated, especially first hand experience.

ALL opinions welcomed and valued.

Old 11-13-2004, 03:00 PM
Range Rover
Default Yamoto 70cc

I have had a Yamoto 70cc for about 2 months now. The only real problem I have had with it is the spark plug wire
was routed to close to the header and it melted, but not a big deal just watch it. As for the nuts and bolts being loose
the only one I have had is the swingarm bolt was loose so watch that on as well.

As for the quality of the machine.
I think they are a great quality for what you pay for them. The last time me and my son were out riding I was really
suprised at where he was able to go with it.
It has always started, never died, and has been a lot of fun for my son.

If you need to get a little more power out of it, I have taken the resrictor plate out of the air box, removed the baffle out
of the exuast, and rejetted the carb. I gained a lot of top end a little bottom end.

In my research on these machines I am about 99.9% sure that the motors are based off of the tr,trx, and atc 70cc four
stroke Honda motors.
Although I have no idea if the parts will cross over.

If you have anymore questions just ask.
Hope this helps.
Roman

Old 11-13-2004, 04:28 PM
Trailblazer
Default Yamoto 70cc

Thanks Defcon. Does this machine have a manual or electronic choke?

When you first got it did you ever see how low you could restrict it for speed? I'm curious because I have two riders, with a few years difference in age and experience.

Have you tried to climb any decent hills with it?

Old 11-13-2004, 08:09 PM
Range Rover
Default Yamoto 70cc

It has a manual choke that works really well, all I have to do is choke it to start it and then take the choke off.

You can restrict the speed down very low for the little one's, and don't forget that it does have a remote kill
switch as well.

The first time that we went out with it we took a trail that had some hill climbs, he was a bit nervous so he
was trying to creep up the hill and not going anywhere. I finnally told him to just mash the gas and after that
all was well.

I'm still trying to find a pipe to fit it, which will help the bottom end out a lot.

Roman

Old 11-13-2004, 10:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Yamoto 70cc

I just bought a yamoto 70 and not very happy with it yet. It does not like to climb hills very well, I am talking small hills, and seems like the transmission slips. It does start right up but takes a little bit to warm up. Does anyone have any suggestions for this, or any mods to make it better. I do beleive this bike is based of the yamaha badger, my friend has 2 2002 80's and with the plastic off they are almost identical. The dealer I bought mine from said that he has had some come in with yahama logos on some of the parts. I must say the price is nice and as are the features with the remote start and kill switch, if it wasn't for the lack of power it would be a great quad.

Old 11-13-2004, 11:10 PM
Range Rover
Default Yamoto 70cc

Checkout this website, like I said just like the honda engines.

Click Me

Old 11-14-2004, 03:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Yamoto 70cc

It does look like a close match but the site will not let me see it any closer because there is an error on the site. Also is there a better clutch setup for this so that it grabs quicker. Defcon what jet did you put in yours and where did you buy it?

Old 11-14-2004, 04:59 PM
Range Rover
Default Yamoto 70cc

I that website as well as other pics if you would like me to email them to you, so you can see for yourself.
As for the jets it comes stock with a #80 jet I bumped it up to an #82.5 jet. I just went into my local cycle
store and ordered them. I paid 14.00 for an 82.5,85, and 90 jets. They had to order them in but it only
took about three days.

I'm still searching for a better cluch setup for it. Trust when I do this place will be the first to know.

Roman

Old 11-14-2004, 06:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Yamoto 70cc

Thanks, I will be looking for a clutch setup also. I opened the baffle and took off the restricter plate, then adjusted the air/fuel mixture and it is much better. It just seems like the clutch could shift better or harder.

Old 11-14-2004, 07:46 PM
Trailblazer
Default Yamoto 70cc

Ok, so it seems like a fairly mechanically sound machine. There are also some simple mods that can improve performance. For the money, it seems like a decent choice. I just returned an AC90 that was a total lemon. Spent nearly $2400 and it was in the dealer's garage more than it was in mine. They just couldn't fix it. Hell I can buy two of the Yamoto's for the same money.

Another question. Does the 70 have foot pegs over the strap web floor board? Would it be easily modified to remove the peg and replace the web with a custom full floor board?

If you purchased online, where and would you recommend them?

Thanks,
Will

Quick Reply: Yamoto 70cc