Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

"Owners" of Kazuma (or Redcat) KMZ-150

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 02:35 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Owners" of Kazuma (or Redcat) KMZ-150

Hi guys -

I need the input of you "owners" of the KMZ-150 (Kazuma/Redcat). I say 'owners' because you are really the only ones that can give an accurate review of them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I am seriously considering picking up a couple of them for X-mas. What do you think of them? How long have you had yours and are you pleased with them? Had any problems with them? Have ya tried climbing with them? if so, how did the machine do? I test drove one a few days ago and was just wondering what others thought of them before I was commited to them. Any input would be very cool and appreciated. Thanks you 4-wheeling maniacs (j/k)...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

JimText

Old 11-21-2004, 03:25 PM
Pro Rider

Dear Balto:
In regard to your post, I been selling Kazuma ATV's for about 2 years now. I have had nothing but good luck with them. I am not just telling you this because I sell them! I am honest with all my customers. I tell them what I like about a bike and I tell them what I do not like. And I see you have found one in your area because you have said you test drove one. So I don't think you will be buying from us. And I will still tell you for the price they are a great ATV. They are very powerful and reliable ATV's. I do suggest 2 things if you do buy one. #1 I feel that the chains are to tight from the manufacture. You will want to make sure you check that. #2 Check the sight glass to make sure there is enough gear oil. I have seen them come in low! But besides that I think you will be very happy with the product. And finically ya just can't bet ummmmmmmmmm!
All The Best.

www.racewayatv.com

Old 11-22-2004, 12:48 PM
Pro Rider

I can second it.

They are plenty powerful for light people, older kids. A full size adult male would find them useable but underpowered.
That said, they are great, and reliable. Lots of fun.

Things to check:
Locktite everything when you get it. I mean everything. I don;t know why, but the Chinese have some sort of aversion to lock washers and locktite. You will thank yourself in the long run.

I haven't seen it, but many suggest removing the bolts in the rear sprocket and replacing them with grade 8 bolts, due to shearing. (And loctite, of course).

I have seen issues with a leak developing between the airbox and carb, at the airbox boot side. A dab of RTV black around the boot is a great preventative.... it will extend the life of the carbs, as they are sensative to debris. And will run better to boot. That leak tends to cause the quad to lean out as you really apply torque from the engine.... Just when you need it to be right on!

BTW: these are the same units as the Yamoto brand. So the reviews of the Yamoto 150 here might interest you too.

Old 12-03-2004, 08:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just got mine last week from Detroit Redcat. It was ship in a metal crate and did not have any damage. We have seven inches of snow on the ground and a half inch of ice on the streets. I have been riding and climbing the snow pack hills with no problems. It look like a well build ATV. I don't know how easy it will be to get parts for it. I did have leak at the seam from the plassic gas tank, I call it in yesterday and will see how fast Detroit Redcat handles it. All in all so far I am pretty happy with the speed, power and I also love there service manual.

Old 12-03-2004, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider

Damman:
Happy to hear you like the Kazuma KMZ 150. I think its a great ATV. And for the price you have to love it even more. If you run into any problems getting parts let me know and I will try and help you out! Good luck with the bike.
All the Best.
www.racewayatv.com

Old 12-04-2004, 03:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for your help, I did fine a website that carrys some parts for the redcats. I put a lot of miles on it today and she ran great.
http://www.atvshippingwarehouse.com/partsstore/

Old 12-04-2004, 07:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

The plastic is cheep\\\ if you want more out of it shis is what I did \\take out the tip and a bafel off the exost\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
if you dont ride in dust you con take off the breather take a noch down off the mane jet nedel in carb and put biger tires if you want to go faster\\ on find on ebay you noched it down because you can get more low end speed the breather has to be off or just put on the breather and take off the spunge like thang in the breather

Old 12-04-2004, 09:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

I was able to take a soldering iron and met the tank together were it was leaking. I don't fully trust the tank and will be glad when I get my new one. Thanks for the mod tips I'll try them this summer when my warranty is up.

Old 12-04-2004, 09:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

thay work

Old 12-05-2004, 12:33 AM
Weekend Warrior

John....thanks for the tips on things to check on the KMZ-150...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: "Owners" of Kazuma (or Redcat) KMZ-150