Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

What pipe to put on 04 DS 90 2 Stroke???

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 03:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What pipe to put on 04 DS 90 2 Stroke???

Thanks in advance, for your suggestions...i am looking for a pipe and a stock carb upgrade kit for my sons DS90 2 stroke, as well as taking suggestions on performance mods that i should do first without costing a whole lot of cash..My sons quad seems like it is sleeping...i need to wake it up......

Old 12-07-2004, 07:39 PM
Range Rover

There are alot of good pipes for these mini quads. I myself get all our mods from Hetrickracing.com. Rich and his wife are very nice to deal with.I built an Arctic Cat 50. We got an Airsal 70cc top end and a power up kit from Hetrick racing.If you pipe it you will have to put a clutch kit in it. Believe me it's worth the money. This mini flys. I believe the 90 also has a limiting cdi. I put a set of Malossi reeds and a Malossi cdi.Now this mini is really responsive and will rev up to where it makes some good power.I still have the stock carb but rejeted the carb and modifyed the air box. A good air filter helps also. Does the DS 90 have any restrictors in it? Ours had a variator restrictor in the variator. It was a brass bushing in between the 2 variator halves. This caused the belt from going up on the pully ,making it seem like it's in a low gear. Removing it will give it alot of top end. Hope this helps some.

Old 12-08-2004, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider

Hey LiL Kimball. My son has the same quad and it needs waking up also. Keep me posted on what you find out. Thanks, D

Old 12-17-2004, 06:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well i woke this thing up alright. I have put the clutch upgrade kit in from Hetrick. I put the Big red spring on the rear as well as the small red springs on the actual clutch shoes it supposively gets you the highest stall speed. I also took the oil injection off according to Spike 99 and i am now mixing Maxima 927 with 91 pump gas. And yes i do have to give him the big thumbs up.I put a pipe on it that i got from Eastside Motorsports here in Mesa Az. It was $225, i also rejetted from a 77.5 to a 85. This thing is way better, it is actually wheeling across my back yard now. It has a ton of mid to high end power now. I did also add 2" billet spacers on the back for now they were out of the 1" for the front. One thing that is nuts is that i had not backed out the throttle restrictor on the thumb throttle. In the manuel it says they have to ship them restricted to 15mph, if you back it out they say it will do 30 stock. Before i piped it i had taken the stock restrictor off the silencer it seemed to help. If you have any questions email me azbiggame@yahoo.com

Old 12-17-2004, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LiLKimball,

Excellent news!!!! Glad many of use could help turn your old sluggish unit into a machine that will please you and your young rider. Many thanks for getting back to us and giving your "lessons learned" and final outcome. Often, we answer someone's question and they disappear. No follow up post. Thus, the one's who replied to a person's HELP ME! post really don't know if we helped the person, or NOT. Anyway, many thanks for your current status post. Excellent news for sure...

Old 12-18-2004, 08:34 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Kimble would you mind sending me a complete list of all the items you bought ? Item numbers and where you got them from. I will probably do the same mods. Thanks, D mrneg9@comcast.net

Old 12-19-2004, 04:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LiLKimball,

I just sent some into to your "azbiggame@yahoo.com" yahoo email id. If you didn't get it, please send me a PM.

Hope this info helps as well....