Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

50 cc Kazuma compression question?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 03:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 50 cc Kazuma compression question?

I purchased a 50 cc Kazuma for my grandson last Christmas.

After about six months of riding it wouldn't fire up....My husband thought it may be a coil or a switch problem...

After letting it sit a couple months, we took it in to a Kazuma dealer, in our area....He just called us and said it had no compression....The mechanic said the rings may have collapsed on it, can this happen and is this very expensive?

Any information will be deeply appreciated!

Old 01-14-2005, 03:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 50 cc Kazuma compression question?

The Kazuma 50 should have about 85-90 psi compression with a freshly charged battery. While
anything can happen, rings on this new of a motor is rare. I've been told by a Lifan dealer (the
Kazuma motors are made by Lifan with tooling purchased from Honda) that he has a less than 1%
problem rate. But again, anything can happen. I'd also make sure the valves are adjusted correctly and
in working order.

How much depends on the dealer, and the rates he charges. I can tell you that working on a Kazuma
50, while not rocket science, is labor intensive. You need to pull pretty much the whole machine apart
just to get to the motor.

I'd look into purchasing a new motor and installing it yourself. It might be cheaper. Cost should be
about $250. You stated that compression was tested at zero. For the other readers, most problems,
even those that you would swear its the carb, are caused by a defective-once-wet kill switch on
the handlebars. First step in any problem is disconnecting the 3 wire plug to the kill switch to bypass,
to see if the problem goes away. Both handlebar and rear kill switch stop the engine via shorting
one of the CDI pins to ground.

Let me know if you need any more info.