Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Yamoto 110cc failure

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 01:20 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamoto 110cc failure

I just joind so be nice, haha I have just became a dealer for Yamoto. I wanted to start small, so I purchased 9 110cc models. I was advised by them, that there were some issues; however, it was thought that all the bad units had been located. Well, as luck should have it, they were not. After assembling all 9 units, 1 unit had a horrible rattle in 2nd gear, Patriot sending new motor, 2nd unit, MY FIRSY SELL, blew up 3rd gear 15 miutes after delivery, took the customer a new unit the next day, 20 minutes into the ride, BAM, a terrible rattle in all gears even IDLE. So here is what I have done. stopped all advertising until I find out the problem.
1st- soon as the units were assembled, the oil was dranied and replaced with 20/50
2nd- units have not been ridden hard, these were slow non-aggressive rides around a flat field or yard
3rd- I have checked the bolts that attach the shaft drive and they are tight

Patriot has been very cooperative and understanding, but slow to return calls, but very willing to fix these issues.

My problem is that all threads that I have been able to locate have been positive about these units, does anyone have these issues?

Thanks Steve

Old 01-12-2005, 06:04 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally posted by: SNSGRAPHICS
I just joind so be nice, haha I have just became a dealer for Yamoto. I wanted to start small, so I purchased 9 110cc models. I was advised by them, that there were some issues; however, it was thought that all the bad units had been located. Well, as luck should have it, they were not. After assembling all 9 units, 1 unit had a horrible rattle in 2nd gear, Patriot sending new motor, 2nd unit, MY FIRSY SELL, blew up 3rd gear 15 miutes after delivery, took the customer a new unit the next day, 20 minutes into the ride, BAM, a terrible rattle in all gears even IDLE. So here is what I have done. stopped all advertising until I find out the problem.
1st- soon as the units were assembled, the oil was dranied and replaced with 20/50
2nd- units have not been ridden hard, these were slow non-aggressive rides around a flat field or yard
3rd- I have checked the bolts that attach the shaft drive and they are tight

Patriot has been very cooperative and understanding, but slow to return calls, but very willing to fix these issues.

My problem is that all threads that I have been able to locate have been positive about these units, does anyone have these issues?

Thanks Steve
Welcome to the forum, SNSGRAPHICS, I have heard of a few 110's with a howl or shriek in 3rd gear only. Your list of 1,2,3. items, were they done to each quad from the start? Or to the next few after problem's? My only concern would be your choice of 20-50 oil. It may be a little thick to flow to the correct places fast enough. Maybe try 10-30 and give it ago. Final question, Are these part of the 5yr zmax warranty I have read about?

Old 01-12-2005, 06:15 PM
Pro Rider

That is normal for them to die that quick. I have a bike shop and checked into selling the Kusuma, Yamoto line too and after talking to some dealers that already sell them and trying to get out from under them. I was happy I did not get into them. The dealers I talked to all liked the Eton,Lem, Xtream and Dinli. They tell me they have very few problems with them and parts are very easy to get.

Old 01-12-2005, 08:32 PM
Trailblazer

I changed the 20/50 because that is what Patrit advised me to do. NOt familiar with the Zmax warranty, I am new to this. I spoke with Patriot today, and thay are working with me, SO we will see. I will keep you posted. Also, do you know how to adjust the auto clutch so they shift easier? I have 1 unit that will not shift from reverse to neutral unless you turn it off. Thanks Steve

Old 01-12-2005, 08:33 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Harw
That is normal for them to die that quick. I have a bike shop and checked into selling the Kusuma, Yamoto line too and after talking to some dealers that already sell them and trying to get out from under them. I was happy I did not get into them. The dealers I talked to all liked the Eton,Lem, Xtream and Dinli. They tell me they have very few problems with them and parts are very easy to get.

Thanks for the information. have you heard any solutions for the 110? or if the 150 or 250 have problems aswell. thanks

Old 01-12-2005, 09:38 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

I changed the 20/50 because that is what Patrit advised me to do. NOt familiar with the Zmax warranty, I am new to this. I spoke with Patriot today, and thay are working with me, SO we will see. I will keep you posted. Also, do you know how to adjust the auto clutch so they shift easier? I have 1 unit that will not shift from reverse to neutral unless you turn it off. Thanks Steve
I have a 150 so I have no clues about fixing the 110. I would suggest you try putting 10-30 in one and give it a try. 20-50 oil is very thick oil and doesnt flow real well. I may even try synthetic blend, usually wouldn't recomend that before break in, might be worth a try in this case though. I use synthetic oil in all my vehicles/toy's, even in my lawn mower.

Do you get your quad's from Jason at winspeed motor's?

Click here for post on zmax

Old 01-12-2005, 11:38 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah, I thought 20/50 was thick also, but Jeff in service assured me that was what I should use. Well, thanks a million, I hope that I have better luck with the 150's. do you have any tips?

Old 01-13-2005, 12:23 AM
Trailblazer

Yeah, I thought 20/50 was thick also, but Jeff in service assured me that was what I should use. Well, thanks a million, I hope that I have better luck with the 150's. do you have any tips?
Tips? The advice I would give my best friend or a family member is to get a lawyer! I don't say this to be mean spirited or agitating but you bought into an imported product that appears to be of such poor quality that your time and investment may be totally lost. These quads must be the "Rolex" of New York street corner watch sales. I'd give them the opportunity to refund your money and move on. The old addage "you get what you pay for" is still relevant. I hope you're not going to drop mo money on other models from this company? Good luck! It sounds like you need it.

Old 01-13-2005, 08:05 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

I have bumped the thread yamoto 150cc review to the first page of this section of the forum, 12 pages of yamoto 150 and a little 110 talk. I and other's have posted a lot of info there. Happy reading.

Old 01-13-2005, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider

I'm not shure what the dealers were going to do with them. Get some names and phone numbers of some other Yamoto dealers. Maybe they can help you through these problems.

Any time you want to start selling any thing like this have the dist. give you the names and phone numbers of at least six dealers so you can call them and check out the co.. This is the fastest way to sort out the bad products.

Quick Reply: Yamoto 110cc failure