Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

2005 Kazuma 110

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 04:58 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Kazuma 110

I shopped around, did my research and even got to ride the 110 & 150 at my local dealer and decided to take a chance on 2 Kazuma 110s for my boys. I will pick them up this coming tuesday, really looking forward to it. I'm a realist and a sensible person therefore I don't expect to get top of the line, pro race quality quads for what I paid (approx. $1100 with set-up and tax). With that said my initial opinion is that these are decent quality bikes for the price with more than enough power for my 10 & 12 year old sons. Not to mention I was able to both quads for roughly the cost of only one from any of the big name guys. I do intend to take the advice I've read in the forums here, such as putting loctite or lock washers on the things, and sealing the electrical connections, that's just good thinking. We are in SoCal where most of our riding will be desert, so I'm not to concerned with moisture problems. I'll let you guys know what I think after we get these buggies and have a chance to play with them for awhile.

I would appreciate any information on aftermarket parts for these quads, SoCal local if possible.

thanks all.

Old 01-30-2005, 11:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default 2005 Kazuma 110

What do you think of them so far? Did they break them in yet and get some ride time on them? Just looking for more opinions.

Old 01-31-2005, 01:28 AM
Trailblazer
Default 2005 Kazuma 110

Well, got the quads a few days later than expected, but the dealer handled the delay professionally and I understand things happen. Anyway, we've had the quads for 2 days now and I am very happy with the quality for the price. I found the same thing some other riders have found, no lock washers. Do your self a favor and give these quads a good once over and add lock washers or loctite. We lost an exhaust bolt 2nd. day because I hadn't done that yet.

I live in a neighborhood were everyone is pretty knowledgeable about motorcycles and atv's. They were all impressed with the Kazuma 110s when they saw them and heard what I had paid. Several of them are now considering the Kazuma quad for their kids. It's simple math, I could have bought one Kawasaki 80 (mini) for $2400+ or the two Kazuma 110s (full size) for $1100 each out the door. If my kids want to get seriously involved with riding and are putting serious stress on a quad, then I'll get something more expensive.

These are decent quads so far, I'll update when we've had them a little longer.

Old 02-08-2005, 02:07 AM
Range Rover
Default 2005 Kazuma 110

When you loctite the bolts, etc, do you losen them and then loctite them or does it spray over them. See how much I know? Not much, but, anyway, I'm considering a two stroke Sportsman 90 and am anticipating such problems.

Old 02-08-2005, 10:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 2005 Kazuma 110

I am not aware of any spray on loctite. It is a thin liquid in a small tube. You loosen the bolt or nut and squirt a small amount (drop or two) onto the threads. Then you tighten it back up.

Be aware however that loctite will make the nut or bolt difficult to remove later. Obviously that is your intention here, but it can be a problem later when you need to remove the nut/bolt.

Old 02-09-2005, 12:15 AM
Trailblazer
Default 2005 Kazuma 110

Welcome to the forums bwilliams999. I have not either heard of spay on loctite.
And doorguy I am working on some mods for the kazuma 110.(Basic things like New Exhaust and intake.) So if you need any help private message me.

Old 02-09-2005, 12:51 AM
Trailblazer
Default 2005 Kazuma 110

Well the Kazuma's are holding up fine so far. Psycmike, as some other riders have posted here there is no spray loctite. It is really easy to apply though in its liquid form either from a tube or small bottle. bwilliams is also correct, very difficult to remove nut/bolt after application, make sure you want it there. I used to use this stuff as a helicopter mechanic when I was in the Marine Corps if that gives you any idea how well it holds.

Thanks for the heads up on after market adds "Yamoto150owner". Since my original post for this thread I've learned that aftermarket mods for these bikes are pretty limited. So, what the heck, I decided to make my own. I have a mechanical / drafting / sheet metal background and a friend that owns a fab shop that refurbs and customizes "golf" carts. Not only does that give me access to the tools and equipment to make my own mods but many of the other parts for carts can be used on quads. So far we have design and templates for proto type pieces made of various gauges of diamond plate stainless for; exhaust pipe cover (right side), rear exhaust wrap, front wheel rock guard inserts and several other cosmetic mods. Depending on the type of response we get from these mods we are considering selling these parts through his business. We also put a 1" offset on each front wheel, widening the quads stance making it more difficult for my sons to tip over in a turn.

Let me know what you think.

Old 02-09-2005, 01:00 AM
Trailblazer
Default 2005 Kazuma 110

By the way "Yamoto150owner" how do you like the Yamoto 150? Is there any significant difference between the Kazuma and Yamoto 150? I am planning on getting a 150 for my wife. I really don't "do" the IM thing (because I don't know how) but I would like to talk to you more about these quads and parts. Please email me at joey@byronepp.com

Thanks
Joey

Old 02-09-2005, 01:08 AM
Trailblazer
Default 2005 Kazuma 110

Geez, got my own email address wrong. Try this one joeya@byronepp.com

Old 02-11-2005, 05:49 PM
Trailblazer
Default 2005 Kazuma 110

Hey doorguy, I am thinking of buying a 110 for my 12 year old daughter will it have enough power? I actually rode the same bike under the name of Toro. Bike seema ok needs jetting and a K&n filter, this should wake it up a bit. Have you done any of these mods?

Quick Reply: 2005 Kazuma 110