Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Are Komodo ATVs worth buying?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 01:49 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are Komodo ATVs worth buying?

I found a store in OKC who sells Komodo atvs. The one I want is a brand new 200cc, 5 speed, with reverse,water cooled, electric start for $1000.00 dollars, I have never heard of Komodo ATVs, and this is really cheap, does anybody know if these are good quality machines? I cant find any information on them, and my bike mechanic says thier cheap for a reason and not to get anything unless it is japanese. Any info would be appreciated.

Old 01-29-2005, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider

Your bike mechanic needs a lesson in Global economics. I have the Yamoto 150 and it is a good quad, with 3 hours of pre-ride fixes needed.

Old 01-30-2005, 01:32 AM
Weekend Warrior

Are you saying you have to spend 3 hours fixing the machine before you can ride?

Old 01-30-2005, 02:39 AM
Pro Rider

Yes, fixing it to bring it up to my standards. Some people go out and ride right away, but I did all of the modifications on the first day I had it. You can either spend 3500 on a Jap quad, or 1500 and a few hours labor on a China quad. It been working great for me. I spent the other 2k on stuff my wife didn't need, like candles and furniture.

Old 01-30-2005, 08:50 AM
Quad Patrol

You get what you pay for[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Does the dealer have parts in stock? Can the dealer do the warranty work, if any needs to be done? If you go riding a few hours away, for a few days and something happens to it, will parts be available there? These are just some of the questions I would ask.

When I looked into the "NO" name brands, there were no local dealers or part to be found[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] other then, ordering from the east coast and waiting for days[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] And, that doesn't sit well with me.

Old 01-30-2005, 02:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

RamtechRC- What modifications did you do to your chinese atv?

Old 01-30-2005, 03:42 PM
Pro Rider

Do a search for Yamoto 150, there are several good posts here. They don't have to be done, but they sure make it closer to a Jap bike.

Old 03-15-2005, 05:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Re: Komodo 200cc water cooled.
I bought one for my wife off of ebay. The atv looks nice and fired right up with no problems.
I haven't took it out yet only took it for quick test ride around the block. I also bought two dirt bikes that are the same kind of engine 200cc from ebay and they run awesome. I'll post an update when I take out it for test ride.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 03-22-2005, 12:15 AM
Weekend Warrior

Up date on the komodo 200cc water cooled.
Test ride: The bike started right up with no problems. There's been some mention on the shift pattern N-1-2-3-4-5-N-1-2ect.. I had no problems and the same with my wife. The bike shifted nice and smooth thru all the gears. I did notices that the foot rest sets close to the gear shifter making it hard to shift upwards to down shift. If you wear riding boots you might need to remove the foot rest. There's only two bolts to remove.

Some info on parts (spark plug): the bike comes with chia brand spark plug looks very cheap. I went to honda shop to cross reference it to a name band plug. Couldn't cross reference thru the manual. Their mechanic guy took an look at it and recommended this plug NGK DR8ES-L. I have installed this plug and the bike runs fine. If someone wants more info on this atv let me know or post a question.

Old 07-24-2017, 11:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

where can I find parts for a komodo atv

Quick Reply: Are Komodo ATVs worth buying?