Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Are Komodo ATVs worth buying?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 12:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Do you gamble, do you like to play the odds?? This is what buying a no name machine consists of....what are your odds of getting a good one and are replacements parts availiable? There are a number of people that enjoy tinkering with there machines and only use them on occasion so repairing and waiting for parts is not a problem. Others buy these machines for doing chores and work and down time is valuable. Only you can make the decision as to what is important !! I know I researched for many months before I bought mine and I searched for reliability and parts availiability before I made the decision. A few thousand dollars means nothing if your machine does not work and you can't get parts for it, at least in my opinion...

Old 07-25-2017, 02:23 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

"Do you gamble, do you like to play the odds?? This is what buying a no name machine consists of"
I think he/she already has one, so too late for the advice.

Getting parts for "no names" is a problem, but some are made by fairly large Chinese makers, just badged "Komodo" or whatever by whoever brought in the container load to sell on to a gullible public. Most use a standard engine and plastics, so if your machine has a Honda clone engine, parts for other, similar sized Honda clone engines will probably fit. Most mechanics dread getting these things to fix, as finding the parts takes more time than fixing them.