Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Kazuma 150 MKII

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 08:15 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma 150 MKII

We dont do any off the wall riding just trail riding , but have had different experience. If you throttle it down using the limiting screw and ride slow not through sand the quad rides goes like a golf cart. If you run it at its full potential like a 16 yr old teen would its a dangerous unstable quad. We got all our new tires in. Carlisile's for the front and RAZOR's for the back. I should have them on within a week. I ordered a tire changer from NorthernTool and am waiting for it to come in. If it doesnt solve the problem , next will be the shoocks.

Old 03-04-2005, 08:55 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Kazuma 150 MKII

KAZUMA CAUTION!!!

I just purchased two of the 150 mkII's. Here are some problems so far. The automatic tension sprockets on chain flip forward when you jump the atv to high. This caused the bar holding this tension spring to bend. Was easy to bend back with hammer, but have done it three times in one outing.

Second caution is the location of the battery under the seat. When my son (12yrs old) jumped the KMII the battery broke through the plastic holder under the seat.

I have made my own modifications for the battery case enclosed it in a steel box welding it to the frame. Still trying to figure out the tension bars.

Other than those two items the atv's are worth the money.

We must understand with toys like this things will break!!!

Old 03-04-2005, 09:49 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Kazuma 150 MKII

How is the suspension, stability, and power of the mkII. I have a 110 for my son but he does not like to shift. Im thinking of the MKII. As for the spring tensioner maybe you can hook up some kind of spring to the tensioner to keep it from flipping back.

Old 03-04-2005, 09:55 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Kazuma 150 MKII

The power is great!! I will let you know what I do with the tension bar. It's probably going to be tricky because if you make something stronger the next piece which is weaker will break. The automatic is great!! My brother and I rode the MKII's and we are close to 6" 160lbs. No problem on the power side[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-04-2005, 07:18 PM
Trailblazer
Default Kazuma 150 MKII

Well we got the tires on after some struggling. I bought an ATV / Mower / Golf cart tire changer for $40 from Nothern Tool. We finished last night and it makes a big difference with these tires we get more traction and wider wheel base but we also went up about an inch higher. I am still considering getting smaller better shocks for the front and rear. The tires now stick and dont spin all the way around our riding area. I figure ,overall with the tires, we are at 90% stability. The steering does still lock but hard to get it to do that now , I felt it start to lock to the right after a turn but came of of it easier. I got the throttle set just right for my kid and have a lot more confidence in its stablility. Iam adding the pictures of the new tires , so check em out.
Total upgrade price $200 including the tire changer. Local dealers charge about $15-30 per tire around here did it myself for about $40 and alot of hard work.

If interested the tires are

Carlisles 20x7-8 Fronts
Maxxis Razors 20x11-8

Mounted then on the Kazuma's Standard Rims

Old 03-04-2005, 09:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Kazuma 150 MKII

Just by the look of the tires it looks more stable. How is the power with the new tires? Is the suspension still very stiff on the MKII?

Old 03-04-2005, 10:05 PM
Trailblazer
Default Kazuma 150 MKII

The power seems steady not over powered due to the tires gripping more ie more traction, but I had it slightly throttled back. The suspension is very stiff in the front but the new tires do help in the back. It seems alot more controlable now.

Old 03-05-2005, 10:07 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Kazuma 150 MKII

I will try to look for those tires. It looks great! I dont know how much jumping your son does but be careful with the battery under the seat! As I mentioned my sons broke throught the plastic bottom, but my daughter, which does not jump very high, the battery is not secure in its holder and battery acid some how has come out from the top. Is the surface you ride on mainly sand or is it hard compact dirt? That does make a difference on the stability when turning.

Old 03-05-2005, 11:50 AM
Trailblazer
Default Kazuma 150 MKII

Its my daughter on the quad , no boys here except me. She doesnt jump or ride hard. The terrain down here in south florida varies from hard to sugar sand in an instant. The new tires work great. Also I bought the rear Razors from rockymountainatv.com. The Front Carlisles were at Walmart.

Click here to check out the tires $39.99 each

I am thinking about fabricating something for the battery box. Thanks for the advise.

Old 03-13-2005, 10:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Kazuma 150 MKII

would anyone reccomend me buying akazuma 150 atv? Is it worth the money?[

Quick Reply: Kazuma 150 MKII