Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Kazuma 150 MKII

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 03:49 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma 150 MKII

Hello all!
My son (11yrs old) got the mkII about 6 weeks ago and it has been down for last 4.
Seems they do have a problem with the trannys staying together. My sons mkII has cracked the top of the tranny case for some reason or another and sounds like a grinder running(ouch).
Anyway i contacted John at raceway atv (where it was bought) and he is sending us complete motor/tranny combo for it. Has been almost 4 weeks since call was made and just got a tracking number this week and it will be here in illinois on mon april 4th .
HAve been working on it since making front a-arm mounting extensions 3" each side. Softer spring/shocks in front will help stability also. Will also be moving bottom of rear shock mount backwards about 2" for lower gravity center.
Will let you know how that works out when we can finally make it run again.
John at raceway has been helpful in this matter with calls and such. And since it has been down a month waiting on new parts he's carrying warranty another month longer.(thanks John!!)

Old 04-02-2005, 04:13 PM
Range Rover
Default Kazuma 150 MKII

Sorry to hear of your tranny problem. Hope my Dingo's holds together.

Have to add to this thread that I did not fix my rattle after all. I spend a couple of hours today taking stuff apart on the back side and still couldn't find it. Very annoying. At a certain RPM it gets real loud.

Old 04-02-2005, 07:31 PM
Trailblazer
Default Kazuma 150 MKII

Kazooma,
Mine rattle at the rear mono/coil shock. At a certain rpm the coil spring vibrates against the shock housing. Take a look. Its hard to see it when your riding unless you hang off the the back of the atv. The only other extreem rattle I experienced was from excess casting on the primary cluch rubbing the belt housing. Both simple repairs. Hope you find it. Mine drove me crazy until I did.

Old 04-02-2005, 07:55 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Kazuma 150 MKII

Just thought I'd let ya know my sons and daughters MKII have been not working because of the gears. I have been waiting 5 weeks for parts on one and coming up on 4 weeks on the other parts. It seems to always be an excuse though. Now I am told that the manufacture sent him the parts instead of me, and then I can never get a Tracking Number....getting realy PO'd at this point. Like you my Warrenty is just passing by slowly without being able to use our MKII's.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 04-02-2005, 10:09 PM
Range Rover
Default Kazuma 150 MKII

I remembered your earlier post today and took a look at the schock but really couldn't see a problem. I'll try hanging off the back. I know it's worse with passengers. Have you come up with a permanent fix for your shock yet?

Sounds like there is an issue with the trannys on these 4 wheelers. My dealer had a couple in for repairs with gear problems but said in most cases it's due to going through too much water where water gets into the breather tube, or shifting to reverse without being completely stopped. If I had a kid riding one of these, I'd be nervous about the later happening.

Old 08-22-2005, 01:45 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Kazuma 150 MKII

Are those the factory rims?Also just to let you know,I purchased some spacers for my daughter's MKII(5" in front and 3" in back)on e-bay.It made it more stable but the wheels still want to lock left or right in sandy terrain.I noticed that where the tie rods connect to the steering stem,the arm goes over the "stops" that are on the frame causing the wheels to lock up. I had a friend suggest that I put some kind of rubber bushing over the stops to keep it from turning too far.

Old 08-24-2005, 08:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Kazuma 150 MKII

How did you widen the a-arms 3"? I would like to know so I can do that to my daughter's 150.In the front and back.

Old 08-25-2005, 09:55 PM
Range Rover
Default Kazuma 150 MKII

I have 2 Kazuma Falcon 250's they are nice for the price. They are good for having fun. I think the Dingo's look soo ugly though. I hope Kazuma will make a 400cc quad in the future I'd buy it.

Old 08-25-2005, 10:00 PM
Range Rover
Default Kazuma 150 MKII

Yeah when we took ours out for the first time 1 of them was horrible. We were fixing it more than we were riding it. There was something wrong with the clutch it kept coming loose. The cooling system on the kazumas are horrible they should just have air cooled. The bottle holding the coolant exploded. The other 1 we had was performing well but the other one was f ing horrible so we had it exchanged for another 1.

Old 09-19-2005, 06:08 PM
Trailblazer
Default Kazuma 150 MKII

Several of you have mentioned that the front end is stiff. I am not sure, but from pictures I viewed it looks like the front shocks are adjustable on yours. Have any of you tried adjusting them down a couple of notches? Also you can now purchase spacers for the wheels to increase your wheel base and make them more stable. [i think they should come standard on them now as this is a common issue] I am not sure, but I don't think the spacers were very expensive.

As for all the break downs, check the forums on other makes and models. ATV's break. I own a Kawasaki and Honda also and I have had to have repairs done with both of them. My son's Kazuma is going strong now after 9 months. There is a short in one head light I have never been able to find. There was one small pin hole in the exhaust coming out of the manifold and Raceway replaced it right away. {I should have had them send another head light, but I thought I could find the short. Too late now.} And like someone else said, in 20 degree weather, my son's Kazuma started right up and he was riding around waiting for us while we were struggling choking our Honda, getting it out in the sun, etc. Anyway, we are very pleased with ours. Of the Chinese brands out there, I believe that Kazuma is tops. {just my opinion from my limited experience with them} I am currently looking very hard at their new 200.

Happy riding, Teej