Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

gutless kawasaki kfx50

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 10:30 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gutless kawasaki kfx50

i hear ya quaduck...and you are right...im not as familiar with that kfx...but i do know that my sons off brand 50 is the exact same frame, suspension, carb, etc. as the 90 pred i just got him...i do wish i had initailly bought the larger one though....he just grew out of the 50 so fast and i dont want to buy one every year or so...mods...yeah...but id rather save that for down the road...

Old 03-09-2005, 11:00 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: wheelinguy2003
i hear ya quaduck...and you are right...im not as familiar with that kfx...but i do know that my sons off brand 50 is the exact same frame, suspension, carb, etc. as the 90 pred i just got him...i do wish i had initailly bought the larger one though....he just grew out of the 50 so fast and i dont want to buy one every year or so...mods...yeah...but id rather save that for down the road...

I'm the same way. While I didn't feel like my child was ready at 4 (I got her's a few weeks before her 6th b-day), I think you might as well get the larger engine unless you have age restrictions in your riding area. I sure haven't regretted getting the 100.

Old 03-09-2005, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Raptorlegs
I think with strict supervision, 4 years of age is fine at low speeds in the back yard. At low speeds they are virtually impossible to flip on a flat surface. It's no more dangerous for the rider than a powerwheels.

It's dad and the flower bed getting run over that I'd worry about! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME. AN ATV, EVEN RESTRICTED IS NO MORE DANGEROUS THAN A POWER WHEELS. IM GOING TO RIGHT THAT ONE DOWN FOR ONE OF THE DUMBEST THINGS IVE READ IN ATV CONNECTION.
LOL

Gary

Old 03-09-2005, 07:12 PM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DStroyer
I think with strict supervision, 4 years of age is fine at low speeds in the back yard. At low speeds they are virtually impossible to flip on a flat surface. It's no more dangerous for the rider than a powerwheels.

It's dad and the flower bed getting run over that I'd worry about! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME. AN ATV, EVEN RESTRICTED IS NO MORE DANGEROUS THAN A POWER WHEELS. IM GOING TO RIGHT THAT ONE DOWN FOR ONE OF THE DUMBEST THINGS IVE READ IN ATV CONNECTION.
LOL

Gary
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-09-2005, 07:15 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!

LOL

Gary
With strict supervision and slow speeds. It's very stable. There is pretty much no risk of injury.

THAT is the point I was trying to make.

Don't be a d!ck.

Old 03-10-2005, 01:42 AM
Trailblazer

Fireman. I am not sure how big your five year old is, but we have both the Lt50 (same as kfx50) and the lt80. My son is also five and can for the most part handle the power of the 80, but he is not big enough to stop it. When he gets in trouble on the 50, he can stop it fast, turn it quick, or do whatever he needs to do to keep it under controll. On the 80, he cannot handle the size. Our '03 Lt80 only has a foot brake for the rear, and he cannot even fully depress it. I am very eager to step my son up to the Lt80, but after watching him ride the bigger bike, I went ahead and spent $360 at CTracing.com and got his lt50 running pretty good. We ride alot at the dunes and his bike does just fine, eEven better than some of the other 50's that have the CVT transmission. He can go everywhere his sister goes on her 80 and even keep up with her for the most part. Hope this helps.

Old 03-10-2005, 10:17 AM
Pro Rider

By the way Raptor legs,

Thanks again for your very mature private message!!! Im not a "quadgod", I just use common sense. Something that seems to be missing from most these days.

Father of 2,

Gary

Old 03-10-2005, 10:26 AM
Range Rover

LOL

Gary
whatever...like raptor said....and besides the dumbiest thing on atv connection was the 15 yr old kid that asked why his kfx450 stalled when comming to a stop....he wasnt pulling in the clutch...and even dumbier his parents but obviously they havent been here yet!

Old 03-10-2005, 10:28 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!

By the way Raptor legs,

Thanks again for your very mature private message!!! Im not a "quadgod", I just use common sense. Something that seems to be missing from most these days.

Father of 2,

Gary
If sense doesn't tell you that a quad going 5mph with a responsible adult in control of it is safe for a child, then you don't have any "common sense". I'd do that b4 putting them on roller skates. Why don't you open your eyes and see the parents that have successfully taught their kids to ride at a young age?

And if you want to air it out in public, be my guest.

Old 03-10-2005, 10:49 AM
Range Rover

no doubt! we all love kids....your kids my kids whomever...none of us want to see them hurt...but im not going to sit around and teach my kids to tip toe around life...take control...be responsible...become somebody...with the proper equipment and guidance most kids (you know them best...you decide when).. will grasp what is being taught....if not...then take them off...simple....now im not foolish enough to think its all on the kids...the parents need to have been well taught tthemselves and be able to pass it on successfully...alright...bash me

Quick Reply: gutless kawasaki kfx50