Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Redcat FX-250

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 11:44 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redcat FX-250

AWESOME!! Thanks for taking the time to do that.

Old 04-11-2005, 09:40 AM
Range Rover
Default Redcat FX-250

Yes, KCRider, thanks. Can you tell any other differences between the 150MKII and the FX-250? Mainly dimensions and weight ie; other than wider a-arms is it any bigger? Anything about the 250 that a child that could handle a 150MKII could not handle with the 250?

Old 04-11-2005, 11:47 AM
Trailblazer
Default Redcat FX-250

Unfortunately, no. What I did notice is that it does sit a bit higher (inch or 2). The 150's are just about right for my kids (ages 9 and 10) but I'd be leary to put them on the 250's, if they are more torquey and faster than the 150's, my kids would be out classed. I think you really have to take into account weight of the rider to the weight of the bike, that ratio really is important when it comes to controlling the bike.

Sorry I don't have anymore info than that guys.

Old 04-11-2005, 08:10 PM
Range Rover
Default Redcat FX-250

Yes, I agree on the weight ratio for the little ones. I suspected the advertised dimensions indicating the 150 and 250 were the same weight and size was probably too good to be true, I will not put her on something unsafe. So, its looking like the 150MKII for me. It appears you are very happy with yours. My concern is that they have plenty of power / speed for the sand dunes which rob power, and their stablity, anybody have a source for wheel spacers for these units?

Old 04-11-2005, 09:56 PM
Trailblazer
Default Redcat FX-250

Contrary to what many users have said here, these bikes are stable. My brother-in-laws in Oklahoma (Predator 500's) rode them and said they'd do great out at Little Sahara (may not be able to make it up the 100'+ dunes but hey, his predator sometimes has trouble with them!). As a matter of fact we are taking the family out there in June to do some camping/riding.

I have a phone number for a manufacturer of spacers (3" and 5") for these bikes, unfortunately it's at work. I'll post it here when I get there tomorrow. I was thinking of getting the spacers but after seeing the kids tooling around on them and having a blast with no tilt or problems whatsoever I think I'll pass, they fit side by side on the trailer and adding the spacers will ruin that as well as making them wider on the trails where narrow is better.

As for power and speed, we just finished breaking them in (about 12+ hours of riding this weekend) and they are doing near 40 in top end and got noticebly faster by the end of the weekend. They are quick on the take off and seem to climb anything.

Old 04-12-2005, 07:54 AM
Range Rover
Default Redcat FX-250

Thanks, I would appreciate the info on the spacers. Ill wait till I get the bike and see if I will need them or not. More pointers on mods to make these a little faster in the sand would be appreciated, as well as any recommendations anybody may have for sand tires and wheels for these units. Thanks again to everybody for their help.

Old 04-12-2005, 10:55 AM
Trailblazer
Default Redcat FX-250

Here is the spacer information:

Speedtrap Motorsports
815-678-2900

They have 3" (1.5" on a side) and 5"(2.5" on a side), you'll need 2 sets per ATV.

Old 04-12-2005, 11:19 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Redcat FX-250

Originally posted by: KCRider
Contrary to what many users have said here, these bikes are stable.
Stable compared to what?

Old 04-12-2005, 11:32 AM
Trailblazer
Default Redcat FX-250

There have been a few posts stating that these bikes are very tippy, I didn't see that at all and my kids have been riding them very hard. Now, that said, my kids also know when and how to shift thier weight on the ATVs. I know it's all subjective but to me, I think they are a pretty stable ATV. Others may not feel that way due to their own personal riding experiences.

I guess it's all subjective to the individual riders.

Old 04-12-2005, 11:39 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Redcat FX-250

Originally posted by: KCRider
There have been a few posts stating that these bikes are very tippy, I didn't see that at all and my kids have been riding them very hard. Now, that said, my kids also know when and how to shift thier weight on the ATVs. I know it's all subjective but to me, I think they are a pretty stable ATV. Others may not feel that way due to their own personal riding experiences.

I guess it's all subjective to the individual riders.

Fair enough. Just think you're better off with spacers, offset rims or extended a-arms on any of these, regardless of brand if you have an aggressive rider for the safety of your kids. jmo.

Quick Reply: Redcat FX-250