Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Fast Ds 50!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 10:55 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fast Ds 50!

Hopefully that got some attention. I need a little help locating some high performance parts for a Ds50 atv. I gave my nephew my sons old Ds50 since he has out grown it and my nephew couldn't one. He is an excellent rider and the DS fits him perfect since he is a little short for his age. The problem is that he can push the little 50 to it's limits but it doesn't match his riding skills. I would like to see him on one with a larger motor but his mom is a widow and her budget is very tight so his only option is the Ds50 that we gave him. Does anyone know of a source for parts that will let me sqeeze a little more power from the little two stroke or any tricks to get a little more power? I had a set of adjustable shocks for an XR50 laying around and we rebuilt the mounts to accept them which really helped the suspension plus we installed some alluminum wheels and ITP tires which also helped but now it needs a little more power. An exhaust and some hp reeds would really help and maybe a different head gasket to get the compression up just a little. Theres got to be some parts out there somewhere. Thanks everyone!

Old 04-12-2005, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default Fast Ds 50!

There's lots of help for your DS 50 out there.As a matter of fact the Dinli 50 is the hot set up for stock 50cc racing and it is basically the same motor and pipe(as well as Arctic Cat).The pipe actually has an expansion chamber stock which helps the two stroke make power.Check out WRH racing or Hetricks.Any of the guys who specialize in mini racing should be able to help you.

Old 04-12-2005, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default Fast Ds 50!

Thanks! I had no idea their parts would interchange. That really helps a lot because I have seen several parts for the Dinli but cannt seem to find any for the Bombardier 50cc. I checked out a place called mini quad sports and called but nobody answered. I really want to get this little quad running good for the boy because he's a great kid. He's had it rough since his dad died but he keeps an A grade avrage and is always helpful and friendly to anyone he meets. He really deserves it but he mom just can't afford it right now. Thanks a million!

Old 04-12-2005, 09:43 PM
Range Rover
Default Fast Ds 50!

My son races an Arctic Cat 70. It is the twin brother to your Bomb. It started out as a 50 but I couldn't stop. This quad can be built into a wicked little machine! Hetrickracing sponsors my son and they have everything you could think of for it. Change the rear sprocket for 1 thing. Is it the 50 tooth rear like the AC comes with. Also the 16" tires are so small they wind out the revlimiter. I put a malossi no rev cdi on mine. I have many stock parts for that quad if you need some. I have the exhaust system. I have the stock tires and wheels which have never been run. I also have a set of Snowhogs on stock wheels like brand new. I have a Malossi carbon fiber reeds in a Malossi reed cage. Very good set of reeds but when I put the 20mm Kiehin carb and Koso racing intake with Boysen twin petal reeds in I couldn't use the Malossi reeds. PM me if your interested in these parts.

Old 04-13-2005, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider
Default Fast Ds 50!

I was hoping you'd come along bluetick.Nothing like first hand racing experience[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-13-2005, 10:12 PM
Range Rover
Default Fast Ds 50!

If you run the 18" rear tires the 30 or 32 rear sprocket is great. I have both. You need to buy a no rev cdi for that quad. Just when the motor revs to hit max rpm to HP ratio the rev limiter kicks in and kills the power. Heck if you PM me i'll send the little one the Malossi reed and cage for free if that would help. PM me for more info and to get my phone # if your interested in the free reed and cage. I'll be leaving for the GNCC Nationals on friday wont be back till Sunday. So if You do PM me give me some time to get back to answer ya. I'm always willing to help a child in need! Later Mike.