Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

6 YR OLD BOY -- QUAD RECOMMENDATIONS

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 09:51 AM
E7O
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6 YR OLD BOY -- QUAD RECOMMENDATIONS

Let me start by saying I'm new to ATVs and just recently bought two used quads (a Honda 400 EX for myself and a Honda TRX90 for the boys).

My 12 year old son fits perfect on the TRX90. When I bought the 4 wheelers, I thought my 12 year old and my 6 year old could share, but after looking at the age restrictions, I've decide that I should put my 6 year old on an ATV 50cc of some sort.

Now my recent toy purchase put me back quite a few dollars and I don't want to drop a pretty penny on another ATV, but at the same time I need one that will last a few years for my youngest.

So, what ATV would you recommend for a six year old?

Thanks,

E7O

Old 04-28-2005, 10:09 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eton Viper 70 would get my vote, if the guidelines are enforced in your area.

Old 04-28-2005, 10:24 AM
Weekend Warrior

I AM LOOKING FOR THE SAME INFO! I HAVE DONE A LITTLE READING AND THE KAZUMA SEEMS LIKE A GOOD ATV FOR A 6 Y.O. BUT I AM NOT SURE ABOUT THE SOLID FRONT AXLE AND THE GEARS. I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A LITLLE SUSPENSION IN THE FRONT AND A CVT LIKE A POLARIS TO MAKE IT EASIER TO RIDE AND NOT BE STUCK IN ONE GEAR. IT SEEMS THE CVT WOULD OFFER LOW END TORQUE AND SPEED IF NEEDED WITHOUT SHIFTING. I FOUND A BRAND CALLED DURABULL THAT HAS A 4-STROKE YAMAHA CLONE ENGINE IN IT AND FRONT SUSPENSION BUT CAN NOT FIND MUCH INFO ABOUT THE BRAND. A LOCAL DEALER IN MEMPHIS SELLS THEM AND HAS A COMPLETE SALES/SERVICE CENTER FOR BIKES WHICH IS A PLUS. I CAN BUY IT FOR ABOUT $650. AND IT HAS A REMOTE WIRELESS KILL SWITCH THAT WORKS UP TO 75 FT. AWAY. I WOULD NOT MIND TO SPEND A COUPLE OF HUNDRED MORE TO GET A BETTER QUALITY ATV WITH PARTS AVAILABILITY. YOU CAN FIND THE DURABULL ON EBAY OR AT ATVSNMORE.COM GOOD LUCK AND MAYBE WE CAN BOTH FIND ONE. MY LITTLE BOY TURNS 7 IN A FEW WEEKS SO I GOT TO HURRY AND MAKE A DECISION.

Old 04-28-2005, 10:39 AM
Pro Rider

My nephew has a Raptor 50.He's 7 and handles it fine.

Old 04-28-2005, 11:25 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: DUCKHUNTER2
I AM LOOKING FOR THE SAME INFO! I HAVE DONE A LITTLE READING AND THE KAZUMA SEEMS LIKE A GOOD ATV FOR A 6 Y.O. BUT I AM NOT SURE ABOUT THE SOLID FRONT AXLE AND THE GEARS. I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A LITLLE SUSPENSION IN THE FRONT AND A CVT LIKE A POLARIS TO MAKE IT EASIER TO RIDE AND NOT BE STUCK IN ONE GEAR. IT SEEMS THE CVT WOULD OFFER LOW END TORQUE AND SPEED IF NEEDED WITHOUT SHIFTING. I FOUND A BRAND CALLED DURABULL THAT HAS A 4-STROKE YAMAHA CLONE ENGINE IN IT AND FRONT SUSPENSION BUT CAN NOT FIND MUCH INFO ABOUT THE BRAND. A LOCAL DEALER IN MEMPHIS SELLS THEM AND HAS A COMPLETE SALES/SERVICE CENTER FOR BIKES WHICH IS A PLUS. I CAN BUY IT FOR ABOUT $650. AND IT HAS A REMOTE WIRELESS KILL SWITCH THAT WORKS UP TO 75 FT. AWAY. I WOULD NOT MIND TO SPEND A COUPLE OF HUNDRED MORE TO GET A BETTER QUALITY ATV WITH PARTS AVAILABILITY. YOU CAN FIND THE DURABULL ON EBAY OR AT ATVSNMORE.COM GOOD LUCK AND MAYBE WE CAN BOTH FIND ONE. MY LITTLE BOY TURNS 7 IN A FEW WEEKS SO I GOT TO HURRY AND MAKE A DECISION.

Unless you have a small 6 year old, I would get a full size mini. I think the wider stance is safer assuming the child can get his or her hiney off the seat.

I'd look at the GPX Raider 90 (about $1400 plus s/h). For a younger child, the rear hydraulic foot brake would be worth the extra money. Plus parts are readily available including hop-ups and suspension upgrades as the child grows and gains experience. Other "off" brands to consider would be Unison, Dinli, Eton, Kasea and LRX.

Disclaimers - You may want to avoid the cvt's if you ride in mud and water. I would not buy a 2-stroke in California. I WOULD NOT mail order unless you are handy with a wrench. As with any brand, you could have some bugs to work out.

Old 05-23-2005, 10:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

What ever you do...............DO NOT BUY A KAZUMA 50. Stay far away from anything that say's REDCAT, MEERCAT or any of the KAZUMA bikes................Trust me.
Sincerely,
Mark[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 05-23-2005, 10:07 AM
Trailblazer

I would recommend looking at the Kasea 50. It will have plenty of room for the 6 y.o. to grow.