Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

oil injection removal

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 07:42 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil injection removal

What do you do with the factory Y cable.

To cut down on the thumb pressure.

Thanks
Roman

Old 04-30-2005, 09:17 PM
Trailblazer

I would say do with it the same as you do with any other OEM mod parts. Either store it away in case you revert back (don't know why) or throw it in the trash. I performed the mod and I dont think going back is a option. Use the single throttle cable and keep on moving. If that's not what you meant, then there are several tips/instructions on how to perform this modification in this forum. You could also get a thumb extender, which some people refer to in eliminating thumb fatigue.
Good luck,

Old 04-30-2005, 09:17 PM
Range Rover

I don't have any oil lines going into my carb. I have two that come from my gas tank and they both go to the petcock. I assume one is on and the other is the reserve. I do have one small diameter line that comes off the carb and goes into the case.

I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks
Roman

P.S

Took care of the throttle prob.

Old 04-30-2005, 09:37 PM
Range Rover

i want to get this done so I can go riding again.

Old 05-01-2005, 01:18 AM
Pro Rider

I'm not really sure what your question is?The small line from the case to your carb is probably your oil line.If you've removed the oil injection system just remove this line and plug it at the carb.The factory throttle cable should be replaced as stated as it can stick without the pressure of the oil pump to keep the cables even.

Old 05-01-2005, 10:29 AM
42F
Trailblazer

Does anywhere sell a kit for blocking off the oil injection i tried trinity and they didnt list one.

Old 05-01-2005, 11:18 AM
Pro Rider
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by: 42F
Does anywhere sell a kit for blocking off the oil injection.

If you are referrring to removing the pump and adding a dirt / crub filler plate, surf:

- Press Here 1 -

For me, I simply made my own plate. I took a sheet of steel, cut it, shaped it with my grinder, drilled the holes and shortened the screws. For extra protection, I then took automotive silicone and applied on outside and inside of this plate. For pictures, surf:

- Press Here 1 -
- Press Here 2 -

- Press Here 3 -
- Press Here 4 -

As a suggestion, call or email the dealers. The dealers don't list every product on their web sites. They usually only list their most common selling products.

Hope this helps...

Old 05-01-2005, 02:06 PM
42F
Trailblazer

is there like a plastic worm gear inside the cover that u also have to remove or when ya unbolt the pump and pull it out does the entire injection pump come out>?

Old 05-01-2005, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider

A single throttle cable must be used WRH will sell you one for about $20 or $25 tell him Todd Brooks told you to callJust take the worm gear out from behind the flywheel and block off the oil line, it goes to your intake manifold from the pump you can leave the pump on the bike and it only weighs a few ounces. PM me if you need help I'll give you my# or WRH Racing's # Billy will help you also. I'ts really simple but you need a puller for flywheel. Todd

Old 05-01-2005, 07:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by: 42F
is there like a plastic worm gear inside the cover that u also have to remove or when ya unbolt the pump and pull it out does the entire injection pump come out>?
Several ways to remove the OIL Injection system. From a high level, these methods are:

1 - Remove the OI pump "out" line going into the carb (plug the inlet on the carb) and loop this OI line into the "in" line of the OIL Pump. This can be done on the outside of the engine. Good TEMP solution to see how you like it. If you don't like it, simply re-connect the OI lines to their original locations.

2 - Remove the pump, remove its white gear, then re-install the pump and leave the "Y" cable connected to the OI pump. Plug the inlet on the carb as well. This can be done WITHOUT the need to replace the factory "Y" throttle cable. Good method if your "single throttle cable is on order.

3 - Remove the pump, remove its white gear, re-install the pump and replace the factory "Y" cable with a single cable. Plug the inlet on the carb as well. This can be done but you need to replace the "Y" cable to reduce the spring / tension on the throttle thumb control.

4 - If you do above method 3, you could also take another 4 minutes and replace the pump hole with a filler plate. If you do this, it creates much more air flow space - where the pump used to be.

If wondering, we did method #3 at first. The next time our engine case was off, we took 4 more minutes and did method #4. For us, it was well worth it taking the extra 4 minutes to install a filler plate.

Use the method you feel most comfortable with...

Hope this helps...