Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Kazuma 110 setup question??

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 01:37 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma 110 setup question??

I got the SFX Kazuma 110 today. I noticed the chain rubs on the rear suspension arm. There is a plastic sleave over the steel bar rite there that the chain rubs on. If I sit on it, I'm 225 lbs, the chain moves down enough to nbot rub, but my 60 lb kid there's no way it will sag enough not to rub. Can this be o.k.?? Anything easy to do to correct it. Thanks in advance.

Old 05-06-2005, 10:10 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

It isnt the greatest design but it probubly will be fine. I would keep a eye on the plastic sleeve and see how it does.

Old 05-06-2005, 08:55 PM
Trailblazer

Thankyou MWQ!!! I was afraid to fire her up w/ out confirming that 1st.

Old 04-27-2006, 07:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just recently got the Kazuma Falcon 110...had a few questions. I bought from a local dealer and it was already put together.

First, in relation to this post, how do you tighten the chain? My seems to be rubbing on the frame.

Second, I read too late on these forums the motor oil should be changed before driving (already been driving it though :S) and I also read the same applies to the tranny fluid. I am extremely noob to ATVs and mechanics in general, but I believe I can do this stuff if someone could help me.. can someone direct me or help me with a short step by step how to?

Thanks so much in advance!

Old 04-27-2006, 09:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Rainier,

The 110 only has oil to change and no tranny oil. The drain plug is the bigger one on the bottom front right. ( Not the smaller one on bottom left) It is a pain to get to. Just drain it and plug it. The fill is on the back right of the motor ( Not the chrome cap on the upper left)also hard to get to. Just undo the fill plug and fill it till the site glass on the right side reads full. The chain is going to rub the frame but thats why the plastic sleave is there. Make sure the chain is not too tight but not too loose. It should only have about 1/8- 1/4 slack. Use a non detergent 15w 40 oil for wet clutch applications. This will make the clutch last longer. I had ont of them about 2yrs ago and it was a pretty good machine but as things changed and got better I upgraded.

Old 04-28-2006, 12:21 AM
Weekend Warrior

Wow, thank you so much 'Toys! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Really happy to see there is a community for this stuff...makes me feel a little better about buying such an unknown brand.

Need a little clarification from a few things you said..

You said to make sure the chain is just right... How do I go about adjusting it?

Also, when you say wet-clutch apps, what do you mean? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Sorry for the noob questions.

Thanks again [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-28-2006, 09:36 AM
Trailblazer

the chain is really easy to tighten. if you look at the back axle, you'll see two bolts that you can loosen and then a longer bold right near the brake housing you tighten that moves the back axle forward or backwards (to loosen or tighten). then you re-tighten the two nuts and you're good to go.

i know it sounds a bit confusing, but i'm not mechanically inclined by any stretch of the imagination and i got it done with no problems.

Old 04-28-2006, 09:43 AM
Trailblazer

and also see the answer posted by spike99 to the 'kazuma drive chain help' question.....that's where i learned how to do it (and spike's directions are better than mine!)

Old 04-28-2006, 08:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

When I mean wet clutch appl, I mean like motorcycle oil. You have a clutch that is lubricated and cooled by the motor oil. If you use a regular automotive oil it has detergents that will break down the clutch. If you use motorcycle oil it is non detergent and made just for wet clutches. You can use regular oil but the clutch will last alot longer with the motorcycle oils.

Old 04-28-2006, 08:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ah ok... cool. Thank you guys so much, greatly appreciated [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I ride mostly in the hill country here in Texas... any other quick tips ya'll can offer?

Quick Reply: Kazuma 110 setup question??