Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

A real Yamoto 150 review!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 12:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A real Yamoto 150 review!!

I can't speak for the 04 models, because I don't have one.But I do have an 05 model and I know that allmost all of the problems mentioned have been corrected for the 05 model year.The double wishbone suspension works perfect. The manual choke on the carb works perfect.The reverse works perfect.And a tube of lock-tite came in the crate with the quad.(hint hint)However, the crappy airbox design is still the same.But I did my homework and knew to buy a K&N clamp-on asap.I ordered the filter & jacket before the quad ever arrived so it was installed as soon as I got the machine.My son has run two tanks of gas out of it so far and it's performed flawlessley.I'll probably do the first oil change on it this weekend.
If I had to complain about something, I guess it would be the fact that I have to tighten the chain after every ride.It's real easy to do and only takes 5 min, but I shouldn't have to do it so often.I'm allready to the end of the adjusters.When it loosens again, I may have to remove a link.It looks like a heavy duty chain.Mabey it's just not as strong as it looks.

Old 05-24-2005, 02:59 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Thanks for the review LakotaJeff. good to hear from a 05 yamoto owner. You may want to replace that wimpy chain before it ruins your sprockets.

Old 05-27-2005, 03:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just here for an update. No brake pads yet. Oh yeah, none the dealers out in AZ or CA are willing to help, dont understand that. Finally "gave-up" and called Patriot, placed an order for two sets of pads, next day. That was Wednesday morning. Today, no parts. Called that "you know what" at Patriot and she said they were shipped ground on Thursday and gave me the tracking number. FedEx says it hasnt even been picked-up yet (Friday @ 12:00 central). So to all of you who say it's no problem to get parts, how do you do it? I have problems every time. I hate Patriot and those who run it. If any of you are still trying to decide to buy one of these quads, I would strongly recommend that you don't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As for the quote: these are great bikes for the cheap price, B.S.. Buy the time you get these things in shape to ride it cost as much, if not more, than a real bike.. Sorry to be so blunt, but these are the facts and not just my opinion. Anyone who has one of these can admit it takes hours of labor and lots of money to make them perform, even then it has to be "babied" or something new will break. I dont understand why they billed my card already but havent shipped the part yet, ground at that( I think that's fraud by the way). I think B.... at Patriot does that out of spite, because I've had so many problems in the past. Anyone get the same impression when dealing with them??? Later and sorry to sound so angry, but enough is enough.

Old 05-27-2005, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds like you should sell yours and buy a real one. I love mine for the price, and the limited amount of extra work I have to do. Even if I throw mine out in 3 years, it will still be worth it to me.

Old 05-29-2005, 01:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

As a dealer (on his way out) of these units I can second his opinion. They are of very poor quality. If your planning on riding around the back yard - sure have at it. But as your kids progress and want to start jumping and such they will kill the poor thing. The crazy thing is some units run and hold up better than others. We have had spells where we had 15-20 bad ones in a row... then we will see a few good ones. Some run excellent.... some wont run at all. Very inconsistant. We've even had a taste of the 05' stuff and while it's definately better there are some immediate issues.

In my opinion the 05 Yamoto 150 is not safe to even ride. The front end with its' "NEW" dual a-arm suspension feels very out of control. I could see kids getting hurt on this unit pretty easily. The 110 seems better but we've already seen carb problems and we have only had 4 of them thus far. In a nutshell I guess its a gamble. Bu one and hope for the best... they were driving me nuts though fixing them all of the time.

Greg

Old 07-22-2005, 04:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks RMMan, I was beginning to think I was the only guy who felt that way. Does anyone know if the '05 carb is a direct replacement for '04 models?? I think mine would be okay if I could just replace the carb, or least i could sell it anyways.

Old 07-22-2005, 06:29 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally posted by: worley4
Thanks RMMan, I was beginning to think I was the only guy who felt that way. Does anyone know if the '05 carb is a direct replacement for '04 models?? I think mine would be okay if I could just replace the carb, or least i could sell it anyways.
You could pm John at Raceway, he should know. Some times I feel, like i got one of the only good 150's. I did have some carb problems for the first couple months, but now it runs great.