Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Komoto 150cc not Komodo

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 01:10 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Komoto 150cc not Komodo

Has anyone heard of the Komoto not the komodo I found out the komodo doesnt have a reverse and the engine doesnt look like the komoto. The Komoto looks just like the Yamoto 150cc quad its fully automatic, disc rear drum front, belt drive to a chain kinda like polaris, with reverse, the shift lever is on the right side of the tank like a polaris, and a shifter looking lever on the left where the shifter normally is I guess thats the kickstarter or press start. it has a chrome pipe and some other chome pieces that Yamoto doesnt (the kids like it, I think its cheesy on an atv but it will be theres not mine) the reverse looks like its in the rear differential??? hows that work? But from what I can tell other than the brush guard and decals it looks the same as Yamoto. O'yea whats up with the fan looking deal on the right side of the cyl? Last can you wheelie this thing (I would think not based on some of the posts Ive read but I like to wheelie) and can you cut doghnuts?
Anyway I can get 2 quads (one green one black) for $2,100 shipped to Alabama from a guy on ebay. He has been on ebay since 99, His rating is 100% and he has sold several of these quads with "0" complaints. He is the only one on ebay that I could get in contact with and not make me feel like I was bothering him with my questions. If anyone out there has any info on this bike or the dealer he is located in OK, let me know, or if any of you dealer types can match his hospitable manner and good deal on a Yamoto give me a shout at jfields830@bellsouth.net I might be interested.
I am buying it for my two sons 8 and 12 they saw it on ebay, these are rewards for A-B honor roll and also for birthday presents. They both have riding experience but these quads will be used on our 50 acer farm not alot of jumps whoops and such just knocking around on maybe an occasional stroll to the creek about a mile away.
I will be selling my Yamaha 350 big bear to purchase them and I want to get them both new atvs, please dont knock me for getting a chinese atv because I cant afford two new Jap bikes. Im not affraid to work on the things I can turn a wrench , heck I had a new polaris 250 it stayed broke, bent etc. , even had an old Honda 350 foreman that thing was junk, it was well built! like a tank but the 350 engine was bad it like to have put me and my dad in the poor house but I dont think Polaris and Honda are crap I just ran into a couple of bad ones.

Old 05-30-2005, 09:17 AM
Range Rover

Kinda looks like this one. http://www.redcatmotors.com/product_...&maincatid=100
Never heard of Kamoto but most of them are the same.

Old 05-30-2005, 08:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

If you dont mind to wrench once in a while then they are well worth the money. I have 2 of them and they have been great. Most of these are made buy the same manufacturer but then distributed to different companies and they put thier own name on it. It would not be hard to find parts because there are so many of them. If you do buy them there are a few must does that you need to do before they ride. They run great but dont bet it will do 50mph. Maybe 35-40. The suspension is stiff and will losen up a little but alot of guys change the shocks. You cant beat the price even if you have to put a little more into them. My son loves his. The frames are built very strong, the motors run great.

Old 05-30-2005, 11:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yep thats it. It looks just like the new vx-150 a.k.a. Yamoto 150 and a few more I guess. Can anybody tell me how the tranny is set up and how the reserve works.

Thanks
Hacksaw

Old 10-23-2005, 05:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey i cant tell you how it works but i can tell you someone i bought atv's from here in ohio and theres one in michican he was pretty cheap i have a 150cc i guess kazuma is a chinese bike but its electric start reverse which is the down shift rev-neutral-1st-2nd-3rd-4th gear its shaft drive black and red yamaha kockoff i havent had any problems no starting problems or anything no lose bolts. The light broke but it was because i loosened a bolt and forgot to tighten it so it vibrated and broke im 15 years old 150lbs 5 9 my backyard is maybe 2 acres im not sure i dug some nice whoops and jumps but ill send you his ebay link im not an advertiser i have all my person pics but if you need any help im mechanically inclined i maybe be able to help . I cant wheelie my 4 wheeler i can lift it while im standing on it and wheelie while its not movie but it just wont wheelie i havent tried donuts so i dont know. But if i shift from gear to gear without the clutch while giving it gas it will give a nice wheelie but its not safe i never know how high i might go. Also you might have read to swtich the from wheels so the thing you put the air in i cant htink of the name is on the inside so you get a wider base or get wheel spacers ive been on 2 wheels once but because i was going maybe 25 into a sharp turn i only lifted about 2 inches so here are the links if you want to buy 4 wheelers from this guy or not but if u have anyother questions about a 150 i have one that i ride abotu everyday http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEDW%3AIT
Heres the michigan guy
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
Im also trying ot upgrade my engine and maybe convert to chain drive so i can actually race or somethign so if you have any parts 250cc enigne or higher i might want to upgrade

Old 06-07-2007, 11:18 AM
Weekend Warrior

did you buy the KOMOTO atvs? did you like them? Looking to buy for grandson and saw add on ebay from dealer in oklahoma .

Old 11-22-2007, 12:18 AM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: nana3

did you buy the KOMOTO atvs? did you like them? Looking to buy for grandson and saw add on ebay from dealer in oklahoma .</end quote></div>

yes i bought 2 of them from that same dealer in oklahoma.
and i joined just to say that my experience with that company was great.
respectful on the phone.
very very fast and quality shipping.
and the bikes run great, they are geared a little high and you have to check all nuts and bolts often at first to get the proper tightness.
overall i give them a 8/10 for china bikes.
they start right up. a few minor bugs here and there but for the price they are a great buy. my 10 year old loves his and it takes his beatings i got him the full size 100cc and put 1" larger tires on the rear and i also bought the 200cc and put 3 inch larger tires and the rear and they handle them great