Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

lt 50 mods

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 04:12 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lt 50 mods

built a 2005 lt 50 for my four year old. was wondering if any one has tried to built one of these little things for racing, if it could compete in the 50-70 class. here is the list of mods done to this point.

CT racing pipe
head mill. down .045
K@N filter Part# RU-0200 with minor air box mod to make fit
removed all restrictors intake n exhaust
70 main jet
removed secondary jet piggybacking pilot jet # 15
moved needle to the top position
removed oil injector now premix castor at 32-1
VP racing C-12 fuel
removed all extra guards chain g. etc.
douglas 8x6 front wheels with shredder 16x6.5x8 tires
douglas 8x7 rear wheels with shredder 16x6.5x8 tires
+4 inch front and rear wheel spacers 2 inches per side
ac racing nerf bars (these things look sick)
Custom built rear swing arm +3 inches
Works Performance shocks (single rate)

Old 07-05-2005, 11:37 AM
Trailblazer
Default lt 50 mods

This thing really rides better my son can go from half speed straight to a donut! he loves it.

Old 07-06-2005, 02:34 PM
Trailblazer
Default lt 50 mods

My daughter races her lt at sugarcreek motocross park here, and she is so far leading the 50cc class standing for the summer championship. she races mostly against e-tons. she is a pretty good rider and has some experience over some of her compitition. buy her fiddy does run good, pretty much the same mods as yours. needs something for shocks !!! I would love to see those nerfs on the fiddy. e-mail me a pic at allen_2k@yahoo.com if you can, thanks

Old 07-07-2005, 12:18 AM
Trailblazer
Default lt 50 mods

Yeah sure tomorow after work ill clean it up (we just went riding all day today)and take some new pics. I havent taken any since i finished it up. ther was a guy riding a 89 lt 250 at the slag dumps he was blown away with the little thing he said his nephew has a 04 lt 50 and he said it doesnt even look like the same quad. And he really about lost it when he seen nick do a no footer that was a first for me to he just keeps getin braver. how old is your girl, and what class does she ride in. Because nick is only 4 and the only class they have for a 4 year old around here is stock. im not sure if it will make the stock 50-70 class. How is the quads power compared to a e-ton. nick holds his quad wide open through the woops and the things susp. just isnt enough. but other than that i think its a good machine.

Old 07-07-2005, 07:07 PM
Trailblazer
Default lt 50 mods

my little girl has just turned 6, she started racin when she was 4 also. they only have 2 classes of pee wee atv's at our local track 90's and 50's both are mod classes. power wise the lt is on par, could even be better with a cvt, but oh well. i love the little wheeler been bullet proof so far. she even won a cross country race on it the other day. there were 4 of the lt's there. have you milled your head, makes the little thing rev out faster ups the compression..

Old 07-07-2005, 09:21 PM
Trailblazer
Default lt 50 mods

sorry worked late today didnt get a chance to get those pics will put them on over the weekend. how much did you mill of the head. i read one guy did .045 is that how much you did. if you can email me pics at holeshot@beer.com.

Old 07-08-2005, 09:42 AM
Trailblazer
Default lt 50 mods

yes that's what i did...i'll see what i can do about some pictures

Old 07-18-2005, 12:17 AM
Trailblazer
Default lt 50 mods

Hey med. was wondering how many turns out is your air screw, what size main do you run.
Do you use regular pump gas i was thinking of using that VP racing fuel called C-12. have you heard our tried anything out. my son raced the last two weeks he came in 5th out of six his first race. he rolled it.
Then i had the head mill. it made it rev a little faster. then he took 6th out of 8 his second race just last friday. but the real kicker is that they make him take a second gate all the kids go then about 10 sec. later they drop the gate for him, because his quad is modified and he is only 4 and in district 5 you have to be 6 to race a mod. quad so they put him in the stock 50 class which is 4-8 year olds. But the top 4 quads are deff. modified there just sleepers but you can tell there not stock, its just that nicks quad is a dead giveaway that its a modified quad. all was wondering also what size sprockets do you run.
Im trying to get some works shocks on this thing it will be done real soon on there web site it says they make them.

Old 07-18-2005, 10:45 PM
Trailblazer
Default lt 50 mods

the air screw is right at 2and half out, if I remember right it is a 72.5 on the main. yea I am running the 92 octane pump gas with maxima castor 927. I have the stock gearing still. seems to work pretty well on our local track..had no idea works or anyone made any shocks !! wonder how much they would help a quad that small? your boy seems like he's gonna be a real racer..good luck to him

Old 07-18-2005, 11:00 PM
"One Wheel Short"
slow day around the orafice I see!
Default lt 50 mods

My boy races an Eton 40, and a LT50 (1987 vintage) check the pics out. I can't really believe the story of 1/2 throttle into a donut. I'm 100% sure my boys is lower, and wider and there is no way he can pull that off unless he is in wet grass. I'm not looking to start a battle, just don't want the poo to get to deep too quick. I also have pics of my boy on my picture page, along with the 50 before and after the mods we did.

Quick Reply: lt 50 mods