Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

cobra exc 70

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005 | 09:28 PM
|
Range Rover
Default cobra exc 70

these kid atvs are awesome they come with alot of name brand parts but they are $7990

Old 06-11-2005 | 11:46 PM
Trailblazer
Default cobra exc 70

Isn't that in line with a race ready motocrosser (2 Wheels) for kids the same size? No? Maybe? How about a race ready motocrosser that could possibly jolt your MX rider 1/2 a lap in front of everybody else's 70 cc offerings?.... If the rider has the time to practice and be able to ride it hard.
Most people come to win, when they travel to the races. When they don't come to win they are un-prepared either mentally, monetarialy, mechanically, or physically. The Cobra is a RACE QUAD!
I think the Cobra is a great platform for kids with experience, and for those that get the chance to start out on one it will make them ride more agressively. Simply because they have the best thought out machine available for kids who are big enough and strong enough to ride it. Lots of suspension, wide, light weight, horsepower galore. Also confidence inspiring.
The 70 cobra will have it's own class next year, so what a perfect time for cobra to enter the 90 class. I can hear the 125cc 4 strokes now, they will finally have someone to race with.
For us we will stay with the auto-matics for another year or so, If they have a class and my son still enjoys the sport.
Remember the competition never sleeps!
I apoligize ahead of time if anyone finds this post offensive.

Old 06-12-2005 | 12:49 AM
Pro Rider
Default cobra exc 70

i think its to much for a kids quad.yeah i know its a race quad but those parts on it don't add up for the price they are asking

Old 06-12-2005 | 01:11 AM
Trailblazer
Default cobra exc 70

Absolutely,
Kinda like when the Factories could have "Works Factory Bikes" . The privateer bike could not match the Factory effort. So AMA set up a Claiming rule for privateers. (70's) Then AMA banned works bikes altogether. In the 80's I think.
Later in time (Current Day) the Showroom MX bikes have to be very good in Production form. Good enough for Carmicheal, Stewart, and others to even ride. So the cost is low for the product you get when you purchase a new MX'ER. And... You are really getting $15000.00 worth of technology at a $6000.00 price.
You would think the Cobra could be retailed lower. But the dealer has a mark-up hopefully and then Cobra has to make money on the unit selling it at the dealer cost price. It certainly has to do with a return on investment from the money side of it.

Old 06-13-2005 | 08:56 PM
Range Rover
Default cobra exc 70

I don't want to start any trouble but they aren't worth it! RIGHT AT THIS MOMENT.Yes it is an awesome quad. But they have alot of trouble with it. And I mean alot of trouble. They need to get the bugs worked out of it. My friend has 1. And Yes it is very fast, 62mph fast! But my buddy has put another $2000 into it and he has yet to finish a GNCC National with it. So he spent well over $10,000 for his kid to race nationals and he's got a total of 5 laps in. That's over $2000 a lap. He had to rework the quad over. It blew a top end the first month he rode it. The front end broke the brake lines when you cut the wheels. The rear housing broke off! I'm not bashing this quad! When they get the problems worked out it will be unbeatable! But untill then I would wait to get 1. If my son doesn't pick up a ride for the GNCC Nationals I will own 1 in a couple of years! I will add that Cobra has been very good to him. There service is awesome. They did send new parts to him free of charge. Cobra is a very good company. There bikes are second to none! Once again Cobra is a class A Company! They will get this quad up to par and when they do they WILL BE UNBEATABLE!