Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Baja 90cc

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005 | 10:23 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

Sorry you feel I'm being vague about the store, I don't ask for store numbers when I buy garbage bags. One thing I can tell you for sure there are more differences between the Canadian model and the US one. As for which CTC, any and all in the Calgary area. As for whether this area should have a parts depot or service center, absolutely, maybe baja tried to set something up with CT, but they haven't come clean on that, but for sure Canadian Tire is very clear here in Calgary and Area that they won't service them, won't order parts for them, won't help you out in any way when you have the innevitable problems which everyone appears to have.

Let's have the name and number of the rep in Hamilton. Maybe he knows who in the western half of North America will service this boat anchor.

Old 11-02-2005 | 10:48 AM
Pro Rider
Default Baja 90cc

The Store # is right on the top of your bill pretty common knowledge!!

I've never seen a thread where the poster will not say what's wrong with the quad and doesn't seem to want to fix the problem.

Old 11-02-2005 | 11:31 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

Sawyer, You must work for Canadian Tire or Baja. You seem overly interesetd in irrelevent information. Why you getting so personal about it. If you read back to earlier postings you will see the problem. I have clearly said it is all Canadian Tire stores in Calgary and Area. You want me to list every name and address of every store? I can't speak for other stores, though it appears some actually do support the Baja in Nova Scotia and in Ontario. I'm still waiting for the name or number of anyone in Canada who has parts for these things or who is an authorised service rep. Anyone?

Old 11-02-2005 | 03:27 PM
jef
Trailblazer
Default Baja 90cc

Here's the # for my area 705-327-0743 he just services he may get u parts just ask him.... warranty parts are dealt straight through baha...

Old 11-02-2005 | 07:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

My Baja came assembled by Canadian Tire in Weyburn, Saskatchewan - no charge. (I notice they are charge $25 setup fees now). But I tried getting parts (fenders etc) and CanadianTire wouldn't touch it. They referred me to a little repair shop 10 or so miles down the road. They also showed me a list of service centres for Baja in Saskatchewan. Quite a few actually (15-20 or so). I can beleive some people have headaches with these machines. Come on - you gotta admit the Chinese aren't very consistent in their manufacturing like the Japanese. I myself lucked out and got a decent one - sorta. It runs great and has been reliable - but I'm loosing bolts and nuts like crazy and I notice the handle bar tree isn't even welded on properly. But hey - for $1300 bones its a blast. Burned by Baja - ask your Canadian Tire store to show you a list of available service centres. There has to be 5 or 6 in Calgary alone. Good luck.

Old 11-02-2005 | 08:06 PM
Trailblazer
Default Baja 90cc

My 90 was fully assemble...and no speedo...again I'm extremely please with the bike as a matter of fact so please I'm looking at another.....I was at Pepboys and saw the new Baja (CAMO) wilderness 250cc Utility atv......WOW.....what a bike.....that is my next one for sure.....5-speed auto cultch.....it has a drive shaft....no chain....trailer hitch......pull start and electric start......front and rear racks ....w/reverse.......the camo is SWEET...looks like Realtree camo.....the engine looks like a Suzuki....Looks really tuff......P.B. wants $ 2,499 for it......saving my pennies.....and working my wifee on it......jeeze.....just built a house and need 2 new cars but I want this new atv more......ha....I must be ill....lol !

Old 11-03-2005 | 01:29 AM
Pro Rider
Default Baja 90cc

Originally posted by: BurnedbyBaja
Sawyer, You must work for Canadian Tire or Baja. You seem overly interesetd in irrelevent information. Why you getting so personal about it. If you read back to earlier postings you will see the problem. I have clearly said it is all Canadian Tire stores in Calgary and Area. You want me to list every name and address of every store? I can't speak for other stores, though it appears some actually do support the Baja in Nova Scotia and in Ontario. I'm still waiting for the name or number of anyone in Canada who has parts for these things or who is an authorised service rep. Anyone?

Nope I work for myself but I did work for CT back in the 90's for a spell.

Well your on a quad forum complaining about your quad that doesn't work. I didn't think asking you just what's broke on it or what store gave crappy service is irrelevent. Lots of us have these units for our kids and if there is a something that is faulty we wouldn't mind knowing too. Sorry for asking too many questions.

So all stores in Calgary Alberta will not look after baja quad owners with warranty problems at all even with in the 1st week of purchase.

Ok ok fair enough now the world knows Calgary area CT's give crappy customer service. I honestly didn't find that at all at the ct I delt with.

I had a leaky tank and they took it back no questions asked and gave me another quad. They ordered the tank (they were able to get parts from baja) then had a tech in the service center replace it From what I gather they are looking after major warranty issues that come up when you first buy it. When its off warranty your on your own for sure. Sounds like this is a "grey area" between stores.

Local Ct has sold over 40 quads since they started selling them. Biggest problem the guy says with baja is getting a enough quads. As they are always sold out as soon as they go on sale for $1299. He also "says" they have had very few problems with them. Who knows maybe after 9 months they'll fall apart time will tell!!

A 90cc starter quad for $1299 its pretty good deal I think. If you want service and a trouble free quad buy a Honda TRX90 with a 4speed trans for $3500

I looked over your posts and I came up with a missing battery strap, leaky fuel tank during the 1st week that ct wouldn't help you out with, and a $5 part that has kept your quad in the garage for 85 days.

So is it the leaky tank that has kept your quad down all fall ?

If CT or baja won't help you with the tank it should be simple enough to fix yourself as they are made out of plastic.

Or you could always just sell it and move on.

Old 11-04-2005 | 10:58 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

Couple more small notes. I took note that people have recieved bent rims from the factory. Took a look at mine last night and sure enough it is bent. Not real bad but definately something that would have been covered under warranty if they had extended the 90 days by not counting the 85 days it was broke down. So I'll be stuck with that cost.

Noted a safety issue that you should all check out. The carberator overflow is a rubber tube that runs over the top of the cylinder and is directed down below the quad. The Tube can easily rest upon the cylinder head and melt through. Mine did and now leaks gas on top of the cylinder head when the kids are performing hard. Fire Hazard!! I replaced the rubber tube with a copper tube, (old brake line) and secured it solidly in the gude on the side of the head. That should solve it.

As you are all aware, the temperature in Calgary is below freezing now and will stay that way for the next 6 months. The plastic mudflap in front of the footrest is already showing signs of being brittle like dry pasta in the cold weather. Broke a big chunk out it last night and it is only a couple degrees below freezing. Not sure how its going to hold up in the real cold weather. Again a warranty item that will not be covered.

Admittedly I have not asked every CT store in Calgary for a list of service reps but the three I have asked have not been able to provide one. I'm currently trying to get CT head office to force someone to provide a list. Sawyer, you seem to have connections to CT, can you get some names and numebrs out of someone?

Old 11-05-2005 | 05:22 PM
|
Range Rover
Default Baja 90cc

[quote]

Noted a safety issue that you should all check out. The carberator overflow is a rubber tube that runs over the top of the cylinder and is directed down below the quad. The Tube can easily rest upon the cylinder head and melt through. Mine did and now leaks gas on top of the cylinder head when the kids are performing hard. Fire Hazard!! I replaced the rubber tube with a copper tube, (old brake line) and secured it solidly in the gude on the side of the head. That should solve it.

Good point mine also melted to the cylinder head...I run the overflow line over the fuel line no touching now....Sorry to hear about your bad luck...We must have about 600 miles on our little quad and it still works great...

Old 11-07-2005 | 02:58 AM
Pro Rider
Default Baja 90cc

Couple more small notes. I took note that people have recieved bent rims from the factory. Took a look at mine last night and sure enough it is bent. Not real bad but definately something that would have been covered under warranty if they had extended the 90 days by not counting the 85 days it was broke down. So I'll be stuck with that cost.

As you are all aware, the temperature in Calgary is below freezing now and will stay that way for the next 6 months. The plastic mudflap in front of the footrest is already showing signs of being brittle like dry pasta in the cold weather. Broke a big chunk out it last night and it is only a couple degrees below freezing. Not sure how its going to hold up in the real cold weather. Again a warranty item that will not be covered.

Admittedly I have not asked every CT store in Calgary for a list of service reps but the three I have asked have not been able to provide one. I'm currently trying to get CT head office to force someone to provide a list. Sawyer, you seem to have connections to CT, can you get some names and numebrs out of someone?
It's good to hear you got your parts and the quad is up and running!

What's bent on the rims? Were they like bent from shipping?? I know the CT guy said they had a few quads that were damaged in shipping due to being stacked too high. The rims on the baja I have look good to me.

Fuel overflow hoses- I never really noticed any problems on mine. Check your spark plug lead, mine wasn't tied up properly when it was new and got melted some by the exhaust pipe.

Mud flaps just go down to some place like Gregg Distributors etc. and buy one or a couple "rubber" truck mud flaps. Cut them to fit, they have all sizes etc. Your right the baja mud flaps are not suited well for the cold. My other kid quad didn't come with any so I did the truck mud flap trick and it worked good.

As for " Baja service centers" I don't know and really don't care as I do my own service/repairs etc. Keep after CT sounds like they have recomended places in other parts of the country.

I'm sure your local bike/atv shop wouldn't turn away a paying customer with an atv that needs something fixed on it.

The boys had our baja out today and it started right up in this cooler weather! I dropped out the summer 20w50 just in time last week and put in 10w40 for the winter. Should be lots of fun in the snow!

Quick Reply: Baja 90cc