Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Baja 90cc

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005 | 01:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

Yes it is running again, no thanks to CTC or Baja. No warranty anymore, no promise of parts anymore, so we'll use Duct Tape and Hay Wire to patch it together as long as it lasts. Real rubber mud flaps will be installed as soon as I get them. Noted that plastic ones broke even in the house after removing them.

Little thing starts okay at a few degrees below freezing, we warm it up by putting the back wheels in the air to allow the frost out of the whole drive train before riding, supported on a block under the chain guard. That's when you can see the bent rear rim wobble.

I don't trust the LCD in the speedo to withstand any really cold weather so we'll be storing that in the house until spring. I'll keep you all posted as we get colder this winter.

Old 11-07-2005 | 06:01 PM
jef
Trailblazer
Default Baja 90cc

In the last 2day i found the atv just moving on its own at idle never use to do it now i have to leave it idling with the e brake on i tried the idle adjustment does'nt help not a big deal but u know....

Old 11-09-2005 | 02:30 AM
Pro Rider
Default Baja 90cc

Yes it is running again, no thanks to CTC or Baja. No warranty anymore, no promise of parts anymore, so we'll use Duct Tape and Hay Wire to patch it together as long as it lasts

Well at least it's back working. What was the final verdict from Baja on that "part" that prevented your quad from working?

When you say "no parts" are you refering to your warranty claim or no parts for anyone who wants to buy them through baja?

Old 11-09-2005 | 09:53 AM
Trailblazer
Default Baja 90cc

Hi all,

Just a quick update on our 90s: I broke the speedo sensor on one of the units about a couple of weeks ago and called Baja on 10/31 to order a new one. They told me they did not have one in stock but would get one from China. The replacement part arrived on Monday, 11/7. Pretty quick service considering Baja is in Arizona, the part most likely came from there or China and I live in Canada. It came via FedEx, whom I understand is working with Baja in Arizona to coordinate part delivery into Canada.

DogbertTheConsultant

Old 11-11-2005 | 01:31 PM
Trailblazer
Default Baja 90cc

Hi folks,

For anyone that is interested, I believe this is the website for the manufacturer of out Baja90 ATVs. This website was on the bag for the speedo sensor I replaced and the name FeiYing/Huanan Motors is on the certificate of inspection:

http://www.hnmoto.com/Default.asp

Thought you all might be interested.

DogbertTheConsultant

Old 11-16-2005 | 09:09 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

Bought a Baja 90cc from Pep Boys last night for $899.99 and will be picking it up after work. They are going on sale this weekend and the store manager said that she would save me the trip to have the price adjustment. Good looking quad for the price. I hope I have the same reliability that most of you have had.

Old 11-16-2005 | 06:14 PM
Trailblazer
Default Baja 90cc

Originally posted by: blankyrick
Bought a Baja 90cc from Pep Boys last night for $899.99 and will be picking it up after work. They are going on sale this weekend and the store manager said that she would save me the trip to have the price adjustment. Good looking quad for the price. I hope I have the same reliability that most of you have had.
Hey I live just south of Dayton Ohio......there is a centerville there too ......is this the same one ?......I'm looking at another Baja (camo)......and might sell my 90cc.......let me know where you are....good bike !

Old 11-17-2005 | 09:10 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

Bozzy - Hi neighbor....yes it is the same Centerville. I bought the Baja 90 from the PepBoys by the Dayton Mall. I picked it up last night and the kids loved riding it. I was surprised how well it pulled me around (6 ft. 220 lbs). I'll wait until the break-in period is over before unplugging the rev limiter to see what it will really do.

Old 11-17-2005 | 09:36 AM
Trailblazer
Default Baja 90cc

Originally posted by: blankyrick
Bozzy - Hi neighbor....yes it is the same Centerville. I bought the Baja 90 from the PepBoys by the Dayton Mall. I picked it up last night and the kids loved riding it. I was surprised how well it pulled me around (6 ft. 220 lbs). I'll wait until the break-in period is over before unplugging the rev limiter to see what it will really do.
COOL.......Howdy neighbor !!!!......thats the same store that I've bought 4 bikes from good store ......yeah the 90 has been perfect.....I'm 6'2" 200 lbs. and it fly's with me on it I have a 10yr. old.....we have the 50cc dirt bike too......did you see the camo 250cc ?....I want that next........we are in Miami twp.,.....off of 741......in cranes creek development....use to live off of yankee street....near the dayton mall.....we should ride together sometime.....we have lots of woods in our backyard......have fun......great bike....had it since May .

Old 11-18-2005 | 06:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

Howdy neighbors!

Been reading the posts, looking for a couple quads for my girls, ages 6 1/2 and 10, both would be brand new to ATVs. I was going to internet order from FamilyGoCarts or Raceway - cheaper and no tax, but like the idea of PepBoys being right up the street if I have a problem. It's hard for me to figure out exactly what size these are without actually seeing them. You think the Baja 90 would be too big for 6 1/2? Does PepBoys support these products?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Quick Reply: Baja 90cc