Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Baja 90cc

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006 | 11:02 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

They have an alternator but I do not know anything about the electrical specifications. One alternator of one of my two machines broke just down in warranty and I got CT do give me a brand new one. No trouble with their service so far!

Old 01-03-2006 | 04:31 PM
Trailblazer
Default Baja 90cc

Happy New Year everyone! Hope everyone had great Holidays!

Ok...update on the 50cc and 90cc Baja:

50cc - The only thing so far I've had to do on this little guy is re-vamp the battery and of course change the oil...since then this little guy is running fantastically - our 5 year old LOVES it and has put some serious hours on it since Christmas morning. The chain did come off during one especially muddy day, but had it back on and tight within a few minutes (Thanks again 2manytoys for the advice on doing this - very much so like a chainsaw chain). The brake becomes loose after several hours and a quick adjustment takes care of that. Very pleased with this small atv so far.

90cc - Ok, after the whole battery thing with this one..and all the small issues 2manytoys found and fixed we've run this little atv through the ringer and it's actually impressed me quite a bit. Our 6 year old (will be 7 in April) rides this one and he's a maniac. After putting the new oil and K&N filter on, it's been running like a champ. As I said, the skid plate broke..took it and had it welded back together and is better than ever now...doesn't even come loose or anything and keeps lots of stuff from getting to that chain. Speaking of the chain..this one came off too...but again, like the 50cc, with a quick adjustment, had it back on and tight within a few minutes. The next thing to break was the actual plastic chain guard - but we've been running without it just fine, just have to keep an eye on it. I sometimes have a hard time keeping up with my little guy on this 90cc- it's quick and very agile around corners. We've run through snow and very heavy mud and it's been a rock - which is very surprising to me that they have held up so good. We have almost put the 20 hours on them already - they get ridden very often and the boys LOVE them.

I wish the 50cc had front lights...anyone know if you can put them on possibly?

So, basically I would say great buy on these - sure I had some serious doubts and initially was very frustrated, but with the help of everyone on this forum and especially to 2manytoys I'm a believer in these little Baja's now. I wish I could say the same about Baja customer service..ha..maybe you all should apply for jobs there - they need some good mechanics!

Old 01-03-2006 | 09:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Baja 90cc

Bruinrider (cheral)

Just make sure you keep an eye on the filter. Thats why I had you get the outerwear because it is alot easier to clean the mud off. Im glad that they are working out. Like I said they do need a little more care but if you keep up on them they will last a long time.

Old 01-04-2006 | 12:53 PM
Trailblazer
Default Baja 90cc

Thanks 2manytoys (Kurt)!

Ok, so last night I started both atvs since we haven't ridden them since Friday and the 50cc started right up and the 90cc made this really awful noise when I went to start it. It almost sounded like something grinding - especially when I gave a little gas while pushing the start button. It did eventually start with minimal effort, but that noise happened a few times - is this something I need to be concerned about? It's hard to explain what it sounded like so I hope this makes sense. I let both run for about 20 minutes to pep up the batteries and they ran without a stutter. I haven't heard this particular noise before so wanted to get some advice about it - make sure the starter isn't going bad or whatever. THANKS

Another quick question besides the one about the engine noise....how often should I oil/grease the chains?

Old 01-06-2006 | 09:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

Glad the Bajas are working out for ya. Almost bought one for my kid this Christmas at Pep Boys, I think the 90 cc was 899.00. Instead I bought him a 110 Akuma at a local Kazuma distributer, for about 200 more. They were really pushing the Kuzumas based on the fact that they had sold 1000 units in the past 18 months,, They said they had very good feedback and very little problems and or returns. The main thing i did not like about the Kazumas was the shift configuration, foward gears shift down with your heel.
Yet they had 4 new Akuma models, and they looked to be well built, not to mention the 4 wheeler looked cool. Also the store owner told me that they were supposed to be the Cadialac of the chineese bikes. With all these bike reasonably priced , im gonna have to get me something also. Just want to learn more about the various offbrand units before I get mine. Bottom line re: the 110 Akuma, is so far so good, just trying to find out more about these bikes, and maby hear from some folks with their feedback and comments or concerns.
Interested
Metalmac

Old 01-08-2006 | 12:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

We had been having pretty good luck with our new Baja 90 CC, got it a few days before X-Mas and the only major issue I had was the battery (it needed a new Full charge). Once we did that it seemed to start and run pretty good and my son rode it every day (abput an hour) for about a week over the holidays... Because of rainy weather recently and the fact that I went out of town for the last week, it sat in the garage unused...now when I come back we cannot get it to start... I recharged the battery to Full and it cranks pretty good but it never starts. It almost seems like either fuel is not getting into the carb or that the spark plug or ignition system is faulty... I removed the sparkplug today and reattached it to the lead ... then pressed the start button with the rear brake engaged, but I do not see any blue spark... does this mean there is something wrong with the sparkplug or ignition system? I replaced the Oil the second day we had it (with 10W30) . I have plenty of fuel in the tank, the Fuel Valve is in the ON position and I have the choke fully engaged (all the way UP, though I have experimented with it UP.DOWN and in the middle...). The engine switch is set to RUN and the Key is in the ON position... it has been about 30-35 degrees over the past week...What else should I check? Any suggestions are welcome.

Old 01-08-2006 | 12:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Baja 90cc

jfullam,

Where in PA are you located?

Old 01-08-2006 | 12:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

2manytoys,

I am in Red Lion, PA (York area)

Old 01-08-2006 | 01:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Baja 90cc

Not too far from me. I live in Lancaster.

Old 01-08-2006 | 02:04 PM
Trailblazer
Default Baja 90cc

Hi jfullam,

Sorry to hear you are having problems. This may sound obvious but did you ensure that the emergency stop is properly engaged at the back of the ATV under the seat (I am referring to the remote stop that has a small lanyard attached to it). This will prevent the unit from starting. I know of someone who had a problem similar to yours and this was all it was.

DogbertTheConsultant

Quick Reply: Baja 90cc