Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Baja 90cc

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006 | 12:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Baja 90cc

Cheryl,

Thats good that everything is working out. Hope the kids are having lots of fun.

Kurt

Old 05-07-2006 | 02:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

we have 50 dirt runner with air box blues did you figure out a mod for it.also seem 2 have bottom end bogging.keeping filter clean helps but still seems rich any ideas

Old 05-08-2006 | 01:36 AM
Pro Rider
Default Baja 90cc

Originally posted by: emol
we have 50 dirt runner with air box blues did you figure out a mod for it.also seem 2 have bottom end bogging.keeping filter clean helps but still seems rich any ideas
I have one too for the boys which they really like. However like you say it has the "air box blues" also. Looks like they sucked in too much dirt cause its smokes the blues like my old lawn mower!!

Boys will be boys and they drove the p*ss out of that poor thing in the mud one weekend till it had no power. I took the air filter out and it was all plugged up with mud! Which had got right into the carb and engine etc. The air box is a joke the way they designed it. I knew this going in but thought I could get away with it till I "fixed" it. But of course I never got around to doing it. So now I got to probably put in a new set of rings. I adjusted the intake valve on it as it was tight and that helped with starting.

I would think one good just buy an aftermarket K&N air filter for it too.

When I get around to fixing it I'll post back what I find.

This site has info on the baja 50 also http://www.4strokes.com/forums/default.asp?CAT_ID=28

From what others have found its really a copy of a honda 70 motor ,as the honda 70 pistion and rings fit right in it! But also guys have said Baja has parts for them now too. Orginally it was sold by Pantera but then baja took the line on last year.

Old 05-17-2006 | 02:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

today i was at canadain tire and i was look at the 90cc baja but i want to know how fast it goes befor i buy one so if n e one knows it would be greatly aprciated if u could reply to that

merf

Old 05-17-2006 | 09:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Baja 90cc

With a kid on it not an adult it will do about 35mph.

Old 05-17-2006 | 11:20 PM
jef
Trailblazer
Default Baja 90cc

Just wondering if anyone is using chain wax im using the spray can lube but my buddy told me to use the wax its not as messy also anyone running synthetic oil i am i've noticed it runs better...

Old 05-17-2006 | 11:42 PM
Trailblazer
Default Baja 90cc

Hi gang,

First, I have had ours hit 50 km/hr with me on it and I'm an adult male weighing 180 lbs.

Second, I am using spray chain lube. It is a bit messy and I don't know how well it is really working. Any suggestions would be appreciated. What is chain wax? Never heard of it before. My son blew a master link on the chain a couple of weeks ago, poor lubrication may have contributed to this. We are using synthetic oil in both of ours. I found that the best upgrade/change we did was to out K&N air filters on both. This really helped them breath and improved performance.

Good ridin',

DogbertTheConsultant

P.S. Looking forward to getting out and putting some miles behind us this coming May 24 weekend. Yeehah!

Old 05-21-2006 | 03:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

I have 2 of the Baja 50CC, and was wondering if anyone is having problems with the rear drum brake. Both of the 50's have the same problem with the brakes failing after riding for short periods. I'm constantly adjusting them. I was wondering if it's possible to switch them over to a disk brake or if that would even help. That manual drum brake gets wet and you'd better hold on for dear life............

Thanks for help

Digitalize

Old 07-23-2006 | 01:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

Hi to all, I just bought my kids a 90 cc from Pep Boys. I have had it now for one week and I'm very happy with it, the guys at Pep Boys preped it for me and even put a little gas in it and had me ride around the parking lot to make sure that everything worked fine on it. We haven't had time to take it out to the local atv trails but the kids have been riding around the back yard, mostly flat land and it has worked just fine. I have also ridden the atv I'm 6' 0" 205 lbs and it rides just as fast as with the kids on it. I would recomend this bike to anyone who is looking for an affordable atv.

Old 07-24-2006 | 12:22 AM
Pro Rider
Default Baja 90cc

Originally posted by: billybobsmom
today i was at canadain tire and i was look at the 90cc baja but i want to know how fast it goes befor i buy one so if n e one knows it would be greatly aprciated if u could reply to that

merf
If you look at my post about the Baja 90 VS the Eton Viper I listed some speeds on radar with about a 50LB rider.The Baja topped out at 23 mph.This was with the speed restrictor still plugged in(I didn't know how to unplug it) but I'm doubtful if you will see much more than high twenties with it unplugged which is about average for 90cc machines.Riders wieght doesn't affect the top speed of these little machines as much as you'd think,just the time it takes to get there..I posted this as I see many estimates of speed that are way too high for both mini's and full size quads..Also the speedo does not read accurate so don't go by people telling you that it went 60 kmph on the speedo or what ever.

Quick Reply: Baja 90cc