Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Baja 90cc

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006 | 04:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

Go to walmart and find everstart battery # 12n94b1 should fit.

Old 02-10-2006 | 01:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

Thanks eman.....will score one this weekend. You a Sox fan?

Old 02-12-2006 | 06:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default Baja 90cc

buy a battery tender while you at it,, keeps and maintain the battery, very good investment,the battery will last much longer and will always be fully charged.

Old 03-28-2006 | 08:48 AM
Trailblazer
Default Baja 90cc

Hi gang.....notice a new PepBoys ad last week that show a new Baja Deluxe 90cc with bigger tires and a new 4-speed auto clutch tranny....pretty cool.......wonder how hard it would be to put the new tranny on my current Baja which is running just fine ?........this sure would solve the lack of low end torque.........I started a new post on this but hadn't had any reply's yet. Hope you all are getting some riding in.......be safe ! Bozz

Old 03-28-2006 | 08:24 PM
|
Range Rover
Default Baja 90cc

Originally posted by: Bozzy
Hi gang.....notice a new PepBoys ad last week that show a new Baja Deluxe 90cc with bigger tires and a new 4-speed auto clutch tranny....pretty cool.......wonder how hard it would be to put the new tranny on my current Baja which is running just fine ?........this sure would solve the lack of low end torque.........I started a new post on this but hadn't had any reply's yet. Hope you all are getting some riding in.......be safe ! Bozz
The larger tires will ad some needed ground clearance also Bozzy...Got a couple pics. up so far if you wanna checkem out...

Old 03-29-2006 | 08:25 AM
Trailblazer
Default Baja 90cc

Originally posted by: ArcticBrat
Originally posted by: Bozzy
The larger tires will ad some needed ground clearance also Bozzy...Got a couple pics. up so far if you wanna checkem out...
Nice snow pics you got there.......wish we would have gotten more snow for atving....but made the most of what we did get......nothing like atv's in the snow......again nice bike pics !!!

Old 03-29-2006 | 05:38 PM
Trailblazer
Default Baja 90cc

Hey gang..long time no talk [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I saw the ad as well Bozzy...I still think for the price our "regular" 90cc is doing quite well. Bigger tires would be nice, but the auto tranny is perfect for our 6 year old who rides it - maybe when he's older we'll teach him how to switch gears - for now the simpler the better. Our 50cc and 90cc are still running great and they have been ridden hard since Christmas..almost every Saturday they get about 4-5 hours logged on them and they are still running strong. Now that it's getting warmer I'm sure we'll get even more use out of them....but then again motocross racing season is again here so the little guys will be busy enough riding their dirtbikes, too.

Time for some fun in the sun!

Old 04-03-2006 | 04:17 PM
Trailblazer
Default Baja 90cc

Quick question for anyone...what kind of oil should I use for the summer??? And what oil/grease does someone recommend for the chain, etc...?? Thanks gang!

Old 04-03-2006 | 11:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Baja 90cc

Cheryl,

For the summer I would use a 15w40.. I have been told by alot of people that you should use a non detergent oil like what motorcycles use. It helps prolong the wet clutch inside. I have one atv with regular oil and one with motorcycle oil for wet clutch applications.

Old 04-04-2006 | 02:32 AM
Pro Rider
Default Baja 90cc

Originally posted by: Bruinrider
Quick question for anyone...what kind of oil should I use for the summer??? And what oil/grease does someone recommend for the chain, etc...?? Thanks gang!

Well I like to use 20W-50 oil in them in the summer if they're ridden hard. But 10w40 or 15w-40 would be fine also. The important thing is to change it when it gets dirty. These things don't have the "best" air filters to begin with.

As for the chain lube what ever "oil" you have in an oil can in the garage works. But the spray on "chain lube" you can buy at most auto parts storers or atv dealers etc. works the best.

Our baja 90 is still running though the boys got it stuck real bad in some mud today!!!!!!! I see they lost a lens on one of the front lights. Otherwise it still seems to start and run fine. I may get one of them after market air filter's that was mentioned on here. In the long run it would probably extend the life of the engine by a lot.

Quick Reply: Baja 90cc