Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Baja 90cc

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007 | 11:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

Definately not hard on it! My boy weighs 50lbs i'm sure he'd never had it over 25km/h. Bike was stored in garage. Same with neighbors bike. The shop that fixes them in our area is full of them broke down. For me to pay for half the parts & all the labour will cost me almost as much as I paid for it.

Old 04-03-2007 | 11:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

I ride my 200 reasonably hard, I am 165, 5'9" tall and can throw it around pretty good

I ride on trails along the river here, and the river bottom is filled with good sized rocks, and it handles all that no problem.

My biggest issue is the moisture that the carb sucks in as the air filter isn't really protected, so any spary off the rear tires, and it doesn't want to run...........

I have flipped it numerous times, and it has always fired rite back up, unless flooded of course

There have been some minor issues, like wires vibrating apart, but I am extremely happy with it.

I think you got a set of bad bikes, or they were ridden hard before you got them.

What brand are they???? And where did you buy them???

Old 04-04-2007 | 02:43 AM
Pro Rider
Default Baja 90cc

Originally posted by: BigD72
Definately not hard on it! My boy weighs 50lbs i'm sure he'd never had it over 25km/h. Bike was stored in garage. Same with neighbors bike. The shop that fixes them in our area is full of them broke down. For me to pay for half the parts & all the labour will cost me almost as much as I paid for it.

Well if your engine or trans or what ever is shot then I wouldn't fool with it. You can probably buy a complete drop in engine for it for under $500 bucks and just do it yourself. Get it running again and sell it.

To kill the motor and the clutches all in 160k is hard to believe unless it was faulty from the get go. Or run low on oil or the wrong oil. Heck I'm sure the kids put that many KMS on ours in the first weekend.
Really so far the little baja 90 we have as been a decent little quad for beginners so far.

The CT stores out here sell lots of them. IF they didn't work I'm sure they'd drop them in a hurry.

Old 04-04-2007 | 08:08 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

Baja 90's. Would be interesting to find out how many people in this forum work for Baja! Seems to be alot of "BS" floating around in here on how great they are

Old 04-04-2007 | 08:16 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

You'd think they'd stop selling them in a hurry if that was the case wouldnt ya! CT sells whatever thier buyers go out there & buy Unfortunetly they chose this product. You seem to spend alot of time on here taking up for the Baja's. How much are they paying ya maybe I can con some ppl into thinking there great as well & make some of my money back

Old 04-04-2007 | 08:18 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

Is that you Steve??? LOL How's the weather in Arizona today NEwaz

Old 04-04-2007 | 10:37 AM
Trailblazer
Default Baja 90cc

Baja 90's. Would be interesting to find out how many people in this forum work for Baja! Seems to be alot of "BS" floating around in here on how great they are
I DON'T WORK FOR BAJA, I do have 4 of the baja's 3extreme 150's and 1 recreation 150, 1 eton 50. I like them and have had very few problems with the baja's. I have had a few issues with the eton, that I bought used with plastic and a rubberband used for a gas cap. Mostly fuel issues that I blame on the lack of a fuel cap and setting outside. After a good carb and tank cleaning, new air filter, battery, some carb rejetting it runs great.

Old 04-04-2007 | 02:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default Baja 90cc

You'd think they'd stop selling them in a hurry if that was the case wouldnt ya! CT sells whatever thier buyers go out there & buy Unfortunetly they chose this product. You seem to spend alot of time on here taking up for the Baja's. How much are they paying ya maybe I can con some ppl into thinking there great as well & make some of my money back

Nice try but no I don't work for Baja or CT. Maybe you work for a one fo the big 4 atv companies and have seen your kid quad sales cut in half???

I don't know what you want me to say?? Mine works just fine(really I can post a pic if you want), many others who have them say they work just fine too. Some have had problems with them some have not. I know people locally who bought them for their kids and love them and I know one family who bought one and didn't. They took it back after a week and got their money back. Yes they did have to do some bitching but CT gave them their money back........most times they always do. I've always said they are a good toy for Beginners to drive around the yard on. For trail riding in the mountains or something I wouldn't recomend it. Not saying you couldn't but I'd want something with more power or gears.

You come on here and say you and your nieghbor's baja 90 quads both lost their clutches and engine (at the same time is seems) with less than 150K on them. Maybe give us a bit more info and we can help you out.

Did you guys change the shipping oil when you got them home?

This is what this forum is for you know. You have complained about it which is fine......we all like to hear if they have problem parst we have to watch out for. So now do you want to get it going again or what? We have a lot of very knowledgable guys on here that I'm sure can help. If it was mine I'd want to get it running and get some use out of it or rid of it.

I'm sorry if you were mislead in thinking you were buying a Honda or something from CT. You want honda service go buy a honda for 3x the money. CT sells chain saws, lawn mowers, log splitters etc. too. You don't take them back to CT to get serviced either do you.

This will really freak you out........I also have a baja 50 motorbike for the kids. Again other than the poor air filter set up on it its been good too! Actually the little guys love that little bike (way faster than the quad).......I ride around too sometimes! I think I paid $600 for the bike and its going on its 3rd summer now. My friend spent more than that for 2 tires for his quad!!

Now I'm at a point that these toys are getting a bit small and I'm looking to get something bigger. As now that the boys are getting bigger (thier friends to) they are harder on them.

Old 04-04-2007 | 03:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

No, I don't work for BAJA Motorsports, I am a DEALER for DAYMAK

BAJA, KAZUMA, Giovani, Lifan, Ducar, Konkar, I have looked at them all...........

That is why I went with Daymak, Look into it a little deeper, they all have their problems, ie: poor welds, bad wire connections, to name a few. If looking for a big three machine, then go to one of their shops, buy one of theirs, spend the big dollars, and still have some of the same problems, just more cash out of your pocket. The choice is yours.

Some you can't even get parts for, I have had numerous people order parts from me for their non-DAYMAK products, so I guess that should tell you something.

My 200 will do anything a Kawi 250 will do, has just as much top end, low end power, clearance, etc.

I've even gone places that a friends Polaris 700 4x4 had problems going through, as his machine is WAY heavier...

Old 04-04-2007 | 04:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

As far as our bikes "going @ the same time" no that was not the case. My neighbor's luckily for him started running like crap immediatley (under the 90 days). If you can or anyone else in here help me with my situation that would be great but unfortunately what it boils down to is $$$$! Even though the bike has such low milage, even though the shop its at right now reported to Baja the bike as far as appearance goes is in mint condition Baja will only cover half the parts. My little guy was far from climbing mountains or doing any serious mudding with the bike. You would know that as soon as you looked @ it! What really REALLY gets me is my boy shoveled driveways,cleaned peoples yards, did odd jobs & raised almost $200 for this bike. I did that knowing it would not only encourage him to take care of it, but to also give him an idea of the value of a $. They keep shooting the whole 90 day thing @ me. Yes i'm well over 90 days, but the milage & the shape of the bike speaks for itself!!!!!!!!!!! What if I would have bought it for him for Christmas; which we were considering doing. Spring would have rolled around we would have been out of our 90 days. You talk about the the Honda's & other LEGITIMATE dealers, but you know what I've been driving bikes since i've been 6 & I know for a fact I would be getting better CUSTOMER SERVICE basically more help with my situation. Bottom line is bike season is here again in my neck of the woods & instead of my boy driving along with me he'll be stuck sitting on the back of mine. I have not told him yet & i'm REALLY not looking forward to telling him he will have no bike this year. If you work it out in dollars to KM's the boy & I paid $100 a KM for the bike! Sound right to you??? You know what if Baja is so great & trust me i'm not done with them yet! They should replace that so called (LEMON) we unfortunately bought because they like you claim the bikes are just great and let us experience how the bikes are supposed to run. If this bike is not replaced or if I don't get our money back i'm telling you & everyone else in here right now I WILL LET EVERYONE I KNOW & EVEN PEOPLE I DON"T KNOW THROUGH EMAILS, CONVERSATION, WEBSITES WHATEVER TO STAY AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT. That however could change as long as BAJA steps up to the plate & does whats right.

Quick Reply: Baja 90cc