Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Yamoto 200cc Electric start problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 12:25 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamoto 200cc Electric start problem

I have recently bought a 200cc water cooled yamoto, it is five speed clutch and i must say i've been fairly happy with it after some initial fiddling which these all seem to need from new. Today however i went to start it and the electric start won't engage, the battery is strong, the motor is turning over fine and it's turning the double sprocket hidden in that chrome housing, it's also turning the large sprocket behind the alternator, but that seems to be slipping and not quite cranking the engine. do these have a centrapetal clutch that may not be engaging? any ideas would be most welcome. i'm fairly technical but don't really want to strip the engine. ps. bought off ebay in uk with little to no after sales service.

Old 08-16-2005, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider

If you would like to give us a call tomorrow afternoon we will see if we can help you!
Raceway ATV Kids ATV

Old 08-17-2005, 12:17 AM
Trailblazer

that is a very kind offer raceway!!!, i think i'll take apart the left side of the engine again and take photos to show what i'm going on about so you can see what i mean. as a side note, i have bored out the stock exhaust as the weld was done from the inside of the pipe to connect the flange (very messy to begin with), and the machine seems to breathe easier now. also put on a k and n and a triple platinum splitfire plug. the bike in fifth really seems to want to give more and i want to down the gearing for higher top speed. Actually i think it's red lining as it's at full throttle and is making the same racket as if it were in neutral! you seem to be a main stop for parts of these *underated* chinese machines and i was just wondering if you stock a rear sprocket with less teeth to fit to it. Once again i point out i'm in the UK and there is a noticable influx of these types of quad here, oem parts are a real problem!!! having to go on ebay.co.uk and find similiar bikes and guesstimate fits for parts. mine is actually an x-stream?? whoever they are, here is a current link to an auction for the same one as i have. absolutely identical in every fact to the yamoto 200cc. would say however that parts can be found and it shouldn't put anyone off these, would just recommend that you don't mind getting your hands dirty. worth the saved money... just can't wait till they're a little more popular around the place.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Samurai-20...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 06-13-2006, 05:11 PM
Trailblazer

i have added photos to my page if anyone can take the time to look at them and then give some help

Old 06-14-2006, 10:35 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

I just checked out your photos and Id have to say that your flywheel key may have sheared. If you can see everything move but the engine it almost has to be it. You can remove the flywheel (nut 3) by holding the flywheel with a oil filter wrench and a socket on the nut. It might be easier for 2 people to do than just one.

Old 06-14-2006, 12:41 PM
Trailblazer

ah thanks for the speedy reply mywifesquad, you have any thoughts on which way the bolt will be threaded?? any rules to this, or do you suspect it will be standard anticlockwise to loosen as it's a cheap import

Old 06-14-2006, 12:58 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Id assume ite a normal right handed thread. You can usually look at the threads sticking out past the nut to get a idea. Yes clockwise should loosen it.

Old 06-14-2006, 01:11 PM
Trailblazer

sorry mywife'squad, did you mean anti-clockwise to loosen, just like a standard thread pattern??

Old 06-14-2006, 01:25 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: paulmurphy777
sorry mywife'squad, did you mean anti-clockwise to loosen, just like a standard thread pattern??
Yes.

Old 06-14-2006, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider

the best and only way to remove the flywheel nut is to use a air impact wrench, this will give center line torque, if you use a breaker bar you're not getting center line torque and could actually twist the crankshaft, to prove this with a air impact wrench no holding the flywheel is require, but if you use a breaker bar you're going to hafta hold the flywheel.

Quick Reply: Yamoto 200cc Electric start problem