Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

LT80 rear clutch weight / front rollers

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 08:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT80 rear clutch weight / front rollers

Dear LT80,

Thank you for the responce and sorry for my spelling errors and lack of info,...I kinda of got a little excited! My ADHD /OC thing kicks in everynow and again! =)

Arden is in AZ. at ATV racing He is the one who is selling me the pipe (same as made by other mfg he claims),carb, extended front end, wrx shocks. He also had plans for my motor, cuz I couldn't locate da man!

The origianal carb is pretty ugly, and if it looks any thing like the Back brake housing that never ever was maintained(since 91), a new one is easier maybe???

I'll check on the pipe and make sure it is a LRD clone.

Gosh, the old grease and dirt in that front clutch was so disgusting no wonder it fails like that.

Thanks a million. I'm sure all have lots of Q/A when I go to put this thing back together soon!

Sincerely,
Newbie to 2 strokes
RyloLT80

I plan to get a motor built, will the head shaved be needed for new motor as well?

How much for one of these Jack Moore motor? How do I go about it?

I pulled the rear clutch apart, sanded (80 grit) clutch housing and faces and shoes slightly. It looks good to go. I have a a scale some where........well see how the 4 stock rollers work!

The front brakes are next....I'm sure they'll look like the back(OMG the worst ever )!!!! Two cables going to two drums into 1 handbrake on a child(12) is alot! My daughter is almost 5 and Mom has never been riding so I plan also to let them use this LT to get them into it! I have a '03 WR450F!!! So my child is about 4 years from ridin it (LT80)herself (shes really tall!)

Old 09-11-2005, 08:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

Are we talking about the shoes on the clutch assy itself?

Sorry to be a newbie!

RyloLT80

Old 09-11-2005, 08:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sorry,

I didnt mean to put to much info in that message above(red faced)!!!=( I was trying to be informative not a sales person! Please forgive a rookie!

RyloLT80

Old 09-12-2005, 10:37 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Arden it is. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
What happened to Neal at ATV racing? He was the owner when I was there a yeay and a half ago.
The ATV Racing pipe is "OK". It and the Hetrick pipe is one in the same.Trinity and CT's pipes are similiar but both are different. Yes they all are made by Power pros. I've tested all and like the Trinity the best. I don't know who makes the LRD pipes. I presumed LRD did.
I'm sticking with my first post and recommending saving the money on the carb and pipe and staying stock with these.
You did fine on the rear clutchs.
The head shaved .030 ios for a stock motor. A modified head gets shaved much more and re-chambered.

Hey Quad4fun, That's awsome about your lil girl!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]